Boston Bruins 2024-2025 Roster & Salary Cap Discussion IV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
we both know best case scenario if Ullmark agrees to go to Ottawa would be the Sens don’t buy out which would suck - and Boston takes him

Scale

Ottawa gets Ullmark

Boston gets Korpisalo 4 X 4 left

Boston now has Swayman, Korpi, Bussi

What would Boston need added to pull trigger ?

7O/A ……yes

Chychrun
25OA ……..probably yes

And they retain on Korpi, at least a mil, preferably the max $2m, so if Korpi sucks, he can be buried for just $1m. What's the buyout hit if its a salary retained situation? That could make sense, but no way would I want Korpi at full price- the main reason to move Linus this summer is to free up cap, and this doesn't do much of that.

Reactions: Bodit9

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Billy Joe Royal lyrics was not on my bingo card for today
Haha but great song when we were kids? Right ?

I want Donny Hockey to flip on a couple of 45’s

My Generation by the Who &
Back When My Hair Was Short by Gunhill Road

And call up Dave Poulin another child of the Summer of Love and get 7OA

Donny let’s freaking go

We want a parade next June !!!!!

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Here is what I think Sens & Broons

Poulin (head of hockey ops) & Sweeney teammates 4 years

Steve Staios new GM played with Sweeney parts of two years on same D

Logic they are taking about this

Everything predicated on Ullmark does agree to waive no trade & an extension would have to get him to do it

If Sens decide they want Ullmark and I’m GM
I want to get rid of Korpisalo (4 years at 4 M left)
Chychrun wants out so I’m good with adding him - good riddance
They got 7 (own) - I’m not trading & and 25 (Boston via Detroit) I’ll deal

I’m Poulin/Staios to get Ullmark and extended

Dump 16 M in Korpi and get rid of huge headache
Chychrun- he’s unhappy an UFA next summer and not resigning
25th pick - Boston can have pick back

I’m the Sens I do in a heartbeat

As for Dollar Store Donny

Um….I’ll take 7 (best case scenario)

Unrealistic 7 overall for Linus

First off there are SIX high end defenders and many will be at pick 7 and Ottawa needs this

So if Ullmark agrees to go there - long shot

Korpi is going to be attached to 25 (and that screws Bussi) or 7 if they are that freakin desperate which at that point I do

Korpi is 30 and probably worth 2.5-3 easy so what’s a mill between former teammates and a Harvard & Notre Dame Ulums

The crazy thing that really isn’t crazy from Ottawa view is:
Ullmark for

A first (25 and Bostons back - nice angle)
Chychrun- he’s gone so I can see it
Korpisalo - a headache and fan ire relieved but now an expensive backup for 4 years in Boston who kinda screws Bussi

Also

I still would go for Ullmark over Markstrom if Devils - he’s big and a horse but 4 years older, 6 M for 2 years and can be moody I’ve heard - plus I don’t think he’s that good

Teams may question Linus all in and injury history against a guy who gives you 55 cs 40

Bottom line if Ullmark says yes to Ottawa this will get interesting

However as said above I think it’s a long shot at best - LA or Colorado someone with a chance better spot for him

LA (Alex Laferriere LW & Harvard boy)
Colorado (first - 24)

This is what I’d want if Sweeney
Interesting interview here by Poulin from a year ago as an analysis before he became head of Hockey Ops and yes he does mention Ullmark.

Reactions: DKH

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
And they retain on Korpi, at least a mil, preferably the max $2m, so if Korpi sucks, he can be buried for just $1m. What's the buyout hit if its a salary retained situation? That could make sense, but no way would I want Korpi at full price- the main reason to move Linus this summer is to free up cap, and this doesn't do much of that.
Korpi definitely worth 2.5-3 M but we got Bussi and 4 years kinda blows for Korpi

If they are taking him you want 1 M retained and possibly buyout

I don’t see Ullmark waving to Sens

Colorado yes

Reactions: Dr Hook

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Korpi definitely worth 2.5-3 M but we got Bussi and 4 years kinda blows for Korpi

If they are taking him you want 1 M retained and possibly buyout

I don’t see Ullmark waving to Sens

Colorado yes

Right- at the end of day, I would presume Ottawa is on Linus' no trade list, and why would he waive to go there? This is probably a moot discussion, but hey, it's summer.

Reactions: BlackFrancis

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Btw - had my colonoscopy this morning so I’m told to chill so this works here

Easy peazy folks

Get it - so important and honestly it’s nothing

Even the prep is basically nothing

You suck down 2 28 oz bottles of lemon lime Gatorade and really once cleaned out can stop

If I can do it anyone can and should

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
we both know best case scenario if Ullmark agrees to go to Ottawa would be the Sens don’t buy out which would suck - and Boston takes him

Scale

Ottawa gets Ullmark

Boston gets Korpisalo 4 X 4 left

Boston now has Swayman, Korpi, Bussi

What would Boston need added to pull trigger ?

7O/A ……yes

Chychrun
25OA ……..probably yes
Dan, I think you and I are usually on the same page when it comes to direction of the team. I have a ton of respect for you. Hell, you called the Bruins being better this season than I ever thought they would be.

I’ve never been more contrary to you than I have this offseason. I want to see some significant changes to the lineup. You want to run it back. You want Elias Lindholm. I think he will be the biggest mistake of this year’s UFA class.

You want Korpisalo and the 7th overall for Ullmark. I see that as a downgrade in goal with no cap relief and a prospect who likely wouldn’t be a contributor for the next three seasons.

I salivate at the idea of a top ten pick in this draft. I’m a huge Tij Iginla mark. I think he’s gonna be a stellar NHL player for years. I can only dream that he ends up in Boston. And he’s one of many options at the top of the list.

But I think with the right moves, the Bruins could win the Cup in 2025. And none of these guys get you there. Ullmark I move for either cap space, or for a roster player who helps them get there.

I’d take 25OA straight up over either of your offers.

Reactions: JoeIsAStud

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
Right- at the end of day, I would presume Ottawa is on Linus' no trade list, and why would he waive to go there? This is probably a moot discussion, but hey, it's summer.
depends what his motivation is more important.....go to a potential good team, or stay in the east

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Yup

Common sense is Colorado should go get him while McKinnon, Rantanen, & Makar are at seeetspot age wise

Georgiev 897 save % was #30 this season and he had ideal .897 in playoffs

He’s a UFA next summer so Colorado could trade for Ullmark & extend 3-4 years at 6 M

24OA totally worth it to Colorado & Bruins don’t give him to an Eastern Conf non playoff team

This is my preferred deal & if it happens @LouJersey gets kudos

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Dan, I think you and I are usually on the same page when it comes to direction of the team. I have a ton of respect for you. Hell, you called the Bruins being better this season than I ever thought they would be.

I’ve never been more contrary to you than I have this offseason. I want to see some significant changes to the lineup. You want to run it back. You want Elias Lindholm. I think he will be the biggest mistake of this year’s UFA class.

You want Korpisalo and the 7th overall for Ullmark. I see that as a downgrade in goal with no cap relief and a prospect who likely wouldn’t be a contributor for the next three seasons.

I salivate at the idea of a top ten pick in this draft. I’m a huge Tij Iginla mark. I think he’s gonna be a stellar NHL player for years. I can only dream that he ends up in Boston. And he’s one of many options at the top of the list.

But I think with the right moves, the Bruins could win the Cup in 2025. And none of these guys get you there. Ullmark I move for either cap space, or for a roster player who helps them get there.

I’d take 25OA straight up over either of your offers.
Respect back at you - you are long time favorite

I definitely want Lindholm I see him as a calm 200 foot player

I would take Korpi with 7…..he’s overpaid at 4 but here he would be good if they kept him - they could trade or buyout but at 7 you probably can get Eiserman.

Love Iginla I’m with you

With you on 10 if Ullmark goes to Devils

I’m just speaking for self if Ullmark

I done waive for Ottawa but do for Avalanche

I’m Avs I do 24OA if he agrees

I’m Donny - hell yah we got a pick in round 1 and he’s out of Conference

Get me 7 or 10 though - that’s an impact player

Eiserman or Helenius would likely be there at 7 and 10

24giovanni

Aug 2, 2005

Easy peazy folks

You suck down 2 28 oz bottles of lemon lime Gatorade and really once cleaned out can stop

Dan, was that you first colonoscopy?

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

Easy peazy folks

It definitely saves lives.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Flame away but at least consider this perspective.

Ottawa’s 4-5 best players are all under 25. They need a goaltender.

Bruins need grit and talent to get over the hump and compete with Florida.

If we were fans of another team and didn’t have the emotional attachment we have with our players (myself included), would a deal around Swayman and Brady Tkachuk be considered crazy for either side.

Of course it depends on the packages going either way, but Swayman fits in with their under 25 window.

They keep their two picks this year to add to their young team and the B’s get the legit toughness/talent top 6 guy they crave.

Re-up Ullmark for 4 more years and they still have plenty of money for a couple more additions.

I’m not even sure I’d do this..again depending on the final packages, but sometimes you’ve got to go big.

It definitely saves lives.
Because I have a kidney condition I couldn’t take the small dose medicine….I had to drink the old school gallon jug of the stuff that was the consistency of maple syrup with the flavor of Lysol.

Brutal!

Lol

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household

If we were fans of another team and didn’t have the emotional attachment we have with our players (myself included), would a deal around Swayman and Brady Tkachuk be considered crazy for either side.

Of course it depends on the packages going either way, but Swayman fits in with their under 25 window.

They keep their two picks this year to add to their young team and the B’s get the legit toughness/talent top 6 guy they crave.

Re-up Ullmark for 4 more years and they still have plenty of money for a couple more additions.

I’m not even sure I’d do this..again depending on the final packages, but sometimes you’ve got to go big.

Because I have a kidney condition I couldn’t take the small dose medicine….I had to drink the old school gallon jug of the stuff that was the consistency of maple syrup with the flavor of Lysol.

Brutal!

Lol
I don’t think either team does it.

But no doubt the logic is sound.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine

Brutal!

Lol

Unless Brady tells the Senators he's done in that city, I can't see them willingly looking to move him. But wilder things have happened and better players have been traded from their OG team before, so ya just never know.

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
So if it's Colorado and Ullmark waives what about Josh Manson? Over 200 hits this past season, will drop the gloves, solid D. Doesn't play left side but opens up possibilities to move other D's for offense.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
So if it's Colorado and Ullmark waives what about Josh Manson? Over 200 hits this past season, will drop the gloves, solid D. Doesn't play left side but opens up possibilities to move other D's for offense.

That would force a Carlo trade. I'm sure many on the board would dance with glee, but I'm not one

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
What kind of contract would folks be willing to offer a winger whose in his mid 20' (25-27) that has only played in roughly 50% of possible games the last 3 seasons, but when he's played he's shown he could be a guy that could be roughly a 30+ goal / 70+ point guy if he could manage to play all 82 games?

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Haha but great song when we were kids? Right ?

I want Donny Hockey to flip on a couple of 45’s

My Generation by the Who &
Back When My Hair Was Short by Gunhill Road

And call up Dave Poulin another child of the Summer of Love and get 7OA

Donny let’s freaking go

We want a parade next June !!!!!
AM radio led to me having some very strange musical crossover tastes. I like Abba and King Harvest, the Clash and the Sex Pistols, The Pogues, Slayer, Metallica, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Zeppelin, Gordon Lightfoot, the Stones, Elvis, it's a mess.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
AM radio led to me having some very strange musical crossover tastes. I like Abba and King Harvest, the Clash and the Sex Pistols, The Pogues, Slayer, Metallica, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Zeppelin, Gordon Lightfoot, the Stones, Elvis, it's a mess.
Same too funny

Reactions: Fenian24
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad