Boston Bruins 2024-2025 Roster & Salary Cap Discussion IV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

I am Bettman

May 23, 2022
just sign Lindholm

Zacha - Lindholm - Pasta
Marchand - Coyle - Laine
Lindholm is looking for too much money. Let some other team pay him 8x7 because those last 3-4 years are going to be brutal most likely. I would prefer to aquire a great LW instead because the options will be better. Lindholm would be awesome if he is the player that we know he can be, but there is way to big of a chance that he won’t return to form.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Lindholm is looking for too much money. Let some other team pay him 8x7 because those last 3-4 years are going to be brutal most likely. I would prefer to aquire a great LW instead because the options will be better. Lindholm would be awesome if he is the player that we know he can be, but there is way to big of a chance that he won’t return to form.

I look at it like this. After 4 seasons in Boston (hopefully) Lindholm will be the same age Marchessault is today. No reason to believe he is suddenly going to be an awful player at that point.

I am Bettman

May 23, 2022
I look at it like this. After 4 seasons in Boston (hopefully) Lindholm will be the same age Marchessault is today. No reason to believe he is suddenly going to be an awful player at that point.
Does make me feel a little bit better about it, but his last couple years have been more concerning than Marchessault. High risk high reward to sign Lindholm.

Reactions: Bodit9

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
Watching the game tonight tells me talent and grit are worth a lot more then high end talent alone. Please don’t trade or sign for guys who don’t deliver in the playoffs.

Paul Maurice is the best coach on the planet hands down. This guy deserves tons of credit. They play as a team. They are methodical in everything they do.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Here is what I think Sens & Broons

Poulin (head of hockey ops) & Sweeney teammates 4 years

Steve Staios new GM played with Sweeney parts of two years on same D

Logic they are taking about this

Everything predicated on Ullmark does agree to waive no trade & an extension would have to get him to do it

If Sens decide they want Ullmark and I’m GM
I want to get rid of Korpisalo (4 years at 4 M left)
Chychrun wants out so I’m good with adding him - good riddance
They got 7 (own) - I’m not trading & and 25 (Boston via Detroit) I’ll deal

I’m Poulin/Staios to get Ullmark and extended

Dump 16 M in Korpi and get rid of huge headache
Chychrun- he’s unhappy an UFA next summer and not resigning
25th pick - Boston can have pick back

I’m the Sens I do in a heartbeat

As for Dollar Store Donny

Um….I’ll take 7 (best case scenario)

Unrealistic 7 overall for Linus

First off there are SIX high end defenders and many will be at pick 7 and Ottawa needs this

So if Ullmark agrees to go there - long shot

Korpi is going to be attached to 25 (and that screws Bussi) or 7 if they are that freakin desperate which at that point I do

Korpi is 30 and probably worth 2.5-3 easy so what’s a mill between former teammates and a Harvard & Notre Dame Ulums

The crazy thing that really isn’t crazy from Ottawa view is:
Ullmark for

A first (25 and Bostons back - nice angle)
Chychrun- he’s gone so I can see it
Korpisalo - a headache and fan ire relieved but now an expensive backup for 4 years in Boston who kinda screws Bussi

Also

I still would go for Ullmark over Markstrom if Devils - he’s big and a horse but 4 years older, 6 M for 2 years and can be moody I’ve heard - plus I don’t think he’s that good

Teams may question Linus all in and injury history against a guy who gives you 55 cs 40

Bottom line if Ullmark says yes to Ottawa this will get interesting

However as said above I think it’s a long shot at best - LA or Colorado someone with a chance better spot for him

LA (Alex Laferriere LW & Harvard boy)
Colorado (first - 24)

This is what I’d want if Sweeney

Last edited:

bruins19

Aug 11, 2005
Watching the game tonight tells me talent and grit are worth a lot more then high end talent alone. Please don’t trade or sign for guys who don’t deliver in the playoffs.

Paul Maurice is the best coach on the planet hands down. This guy deserves tons of credit. They play as a team. They are methodical in everything they do.
Never liked Paul Maurice, he always seemed whiny. Aided by the refs, either at his direction or with his indifference, his team plays a very dirty style of play. That said, he is producing the results that count in the win column and certainly is the most successful coach at the moment.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
At
I think we need a guy on each line; ideally two goal scorers for the top 2 lines, and two pretty heavy guys for the bottom six (I'm sold on Maroon, Beecher, Brazeau, Lauko). I also think we need a hammer on the backend that can play; I'm pretty sold on Edmundson, I think he'd be about the right price and thought he looked good in the opening round. Then of course Swayman & a backup.

Using some estimates from an analytics spreadsheet someone shared here a while back. Pick two of these guys & one third liner below; outside of a trade of course. I'm not sure if I'm missing anyone.

LW -
Bertuzzi - $5,300,000 for 4
Mantha - $,4,750,000 for 4
DeBrusk - $5,800,000 for 5
Teravainen - $5,300,000 for 4

C -
Lindholm - $7,000,000 for 5
Stephenson - $5,750,000 for 5

RW -
Marchessault - $6,300,000 for 3
Bertuzzi - $5,300,000 for 4
Mantha - $4,750,000 for 4
Toffoli - $6,000,000 for 4

Then pick one of these guys for the third line;
Domi - $3,750,000 for 3
Joshua - $3,400,000 for 4
Heinen - $2,750,000 for 3
Lafferty - $2,400,000 for 3

for me, I think it's
Bertuzzi at LW, Marchessault at RW, and Joshua at LW for the third line. Add Swyman, Maroon & Edmundson and that's a big jump in scoring and physicality from this year. The numbers work based off those analytics, along with Ullmark being traded for picks.
I'm hoping for a good hockey trade ... if I had to pick from each category...
Tera
Steph
March
Domi

Reactions: SPV and bbfan419

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Never liked Paul Maurice, he always seemed whiny. Aided by the refs, either at his direction or with his indifference, his team plays a very dirty style of play. That said, he is producing the results that count in the win column and certainly is the most successful coach at the moment.
Florida is a pretty darn good team. Shutting down MC David, Dry, Ziggy, Troch, Coyle, Zach/Geek, Point/Cer

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
Here is what I think Sens & Broons

Poulin (head of hockey ops) & Sweeney teammates 4 years

Steve Staios new GM played with Sweeney parts of two years on same D

Logic they are taking about this

Everything predicated on Ullmark does agree to waive no trade & an extension would have to get him to do it

If Sens decide they want Ullmark and I’m GM
I want to get rid of Korpisalo (4 years at 4 M left)
Chychrun wants out so I’m good with adding him - good riddance
They got 7 (own) - I’m not trading & and 25 (Boston via Detroit) I’ll deal

I’m Poulin/Staios to get Ullmark and extended

Dump 16 M in Korpi and get rid of huge headache
Chychrun- he’s unhappy an UFA next summer and not resigning
25th pick - Boston can have pick back

I’m the Sens I do in a heartbeat

As for Dollar Store Donny

Um….I’ll take 7 (best case scenario)

Unrealistic 7 overall for Linus

First off there are SIX high end defenders and many will be at pick 7 and Ottawa needs this

So if Ullmark agrees to go there - long shot

Korpi is going to be attached to 25 (and that screws Bussi) or 7 if they are that freakin desperate which at that point I do

Korpi is 30 and probably worth 2.5-3 easy so what’s a mill between former teammates and a Harvard & Notre Dame Ulums

The crazy thing that really isn’t crazy from Ottawa view is:
Ullmark for

A first (25 and Bostons back - nice angle)
Chychrun- he’s gone so I can see it
Korpisalo - a headache and fan ire relieved but now an expensive backup for 4 years in Boston who kinda screws Bussi

Also

I still would go for Ullmark over Markstrom if Devils - he’s big and a horse but 4 years older, 6 M for 2 years and can be moody I’ve heard - plus I don’t think he’s that good

Teams may question Linus all in and injury history against a guy who gives you 55 cs 40

Bottom line if Ullmark says yes to Ottawa this will get interesting

However as said above I think it’s a long shot at best - LA or Colorado someone with a chance better spot for him

LA (Alex Laferriere LW & Harvard boy)
Colorado (first - 24)

This is what I’d want if Sweeney
Better to eat 1 year of Ullmark at 5 than 4 years of Korpisalo at 4. If Ottawa wants that, the 7 has to come our way

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
That has nothing to do with my statement.

Who is saying pay Stephenson 7-8M? Don't make stuff up.
Maybe 7/8m for Stephenson is a slight exaggeration, but I think he signs for 6m+. Supply & demand. Center market via UFA is weak.
J.T. Compher is a decent comp (no pun intended). He’s signed for 5.1m cap hit for 5 years. But Comphers career high in points was 52 when he signed. Stephenson has scored 65 points twice. And he’s been part of 2 Cup winning teams. Is it a reach to suggest he signs for 6 to 6.5m per? For a 3rd line center? I’d pass. Bruins need real top 6 centers not fringe centers.

“The demand for both centres and proven post-season performers remains sky high in the NHL. The Detroit Red Wings splashed $25.5 million at centre J.T. Compher in 2023’s free agency, and his previous best was 52 points. Bottom line: There will be a robust market for the two-way Stephenson if he remains unsigned by July.” –Fox on Sportsnet.ca

Reactions: Gordoff and sarge88

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Better to eat 1 year of Ullmark at 5 than 4 years of Korpisalo at 4. If Ottawa wants that, the 7 has to come our way

Yeah Ottawa needs to throw in a first just to dump Korpisalo in my book, and probably the #7, not the Boston pick . He's had a couple hot streaks in his career, but his numbers have generally been AWFUL. Now maybe Boston could fix him, and flip him later, but he just might be a rotting corpse killing you in the backup role, which Bussi leaves town

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
Florida is a pretty darn good team. Shutting down MC David, Dry, Ziggy, Troch, Coyle, Zach/Geek, Point/Cer
Yeah, not sure Coyle/Zach/Geek is in the same class as those others. It's understandable with the loss of Bergi and Krecji, but boy the B's center quality is weak.

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
I’d Edmonton losses the cup they are going to want Ullmark. I bet Ullmark would waive to go there. I wonder what a trade with Edmonton would look like.

Reactions: Colt.45Orr

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
to me Florida is this year`s version of the B`s 2011 team, tough, plays right on the edge, sometimes stepping over it, can play any way you wish.....man does it pain me to say that as there are a few pure pieces of crap on that team but...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad