OT: 2024-2025 News Around The NHL Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
The full explanation in that link actually makes a ton of sense. It’s very similar to what many here were trying to argue for Q actually.

They deem Chevy as the lowest ranking member in the meeting saying he was last to be included and had his boss and his boss’s boss in the meeting. They also ID Q as the direct superior giving him more responsibility (as it should be).

While some argued that Q didn’t play a big role in the meeting it seems the league disagrees which I’m sure is largely based on witnesses quoting him as actively trying to sweep it under the rug. On the other hand for Chevy, they said he didn’t really play any part.

All in all, this should probably give people more confidence that the league did the additional due diligence that everyone was asking for and didn’t just make their decision based off public outcry.

Chaos2k7

2024 Stanley Cup Champions! 🏆
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
The full explanation in that link actually makes a ton of sense. It’s very similar to what many here were trying to argue for Q actually.

They deem Chevy as the lowest ranking member in the meeting saying he was last to be included and had his boss and his boss’s boss in the meeting. They also ID Q as the direct superior giving him more responsibility (as it should be).

While some argued that Q didn’t play a big role in the meeting it seems the league disagrees which I’m sure is largely based on witnesses quoting him as actively trying to sweep it under the rug. On the other hand for Chevy, they said he didn’t really play any part.

All in all, this should probably give people more confidence that the league did the additional due diligence that everyone was asking for and didn’t just make their decision based off public outcry.
I am sure it has alot yo do with Beach calling out Q personally challenging his knowledge on the matter.

If Q is guilty, they all are.

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
I am sure it has alot yo do with Beach calling out Q personally challenging his knowledge on the matter.

If Q is guilty, they all are.

Maybe, or maybe they learned more about the situation in their three hour meeting with Q.

I think it's pretty fair to say that Q was more beloved by the public than Chevy, so there was probably less pressure to keep Chevy, and yet they chose to do so. Also keep in mind with Q resigning, it'll probably affect his HoF status, which I doubt the NHL did lightly. We'll never know what happened, but like some had said, wait till what Bettman/NHL does right?

And for the record, yes I'm also shocked that Chevy was let go with no repercussions.

ShootIt

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 8, 2008
Has the NHL actually punished any one person yet?

Bowman resigned/was told to pack his stuff by the team.
Q "resigned" but it was probably the team that made the suggestion.

Outside of the paltry fine, seems the NHL is just doing not much outsides of meetings where they are trying to act like they care.

Chaos2k7

2024 Stanley Cup Champions! 🏆
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica

Outside of the paltry fine, seems the NHL is just doing not much outsides of meetings where they are trying to act like they care.
Nor the PA

Reactions: ShootIt

zeroG

Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA

the league punished Q. he was forced to resign by bettman.

it was clear from bettman's press release. any future employment in the league must go through his office for approval.

ShootIt

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 8, 2008
the league punished Q. he was forced to resign by bettman.

it was clear from bettman's press release. any future employment in the league must go through his office for approval.

Just odd we heard no resolution was made after the meeting was over by supposedly verified reporters.
I suppose it could be said the NHL forced him to, but I have to wonder if the team played a role in that or were they trying to argue for him to stay/lighter punishment.

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
Just odd we heard no resolution was made after the meeting was over by supposedly verified reporters.
I suppose it could be said the NHL forced him to, but I have to wonder if the team played a role in that or were they trying to argue for him to stay/lighter punishment.

I suspect that the team desperately wanted to give him a lengthy suspension + indicate that they were going to follow up on everything and make a determination on whether or not to allow him back later or fire him. And Bettman told them no.

Quenneville's decision to throw himself on his sword indicates that he didn't want to sink the team on his way out.

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
Watching the Isles - Preds game, this has to be the most boring hockey I’ve ever seen.

We’re really lucky to have a team that’s fun to watch, finally.

Reactions: WaitingForThatCab

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad