Injury Report: 2024-2025 Injury thread | HF’s Longest Thread Just Got Longer

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017
Kiviranta is going to be on the top line come November because half the team is injured.

HOW does this team get hurt every. Single. Year. So. Much.
Weren't we healthy just last year? E: Looked it up, we were. From important players Nuke and Lehkonen missed games, though both still played over half.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Weren't we healthy just last year? E: Looked it up, we were. From important players Nuke and Lehkonen missed games, though both still played over half.
Nuke wasn't injury so much as being an idiot. Lehky, LOC, Frank, and Landy all missed significant time or didn't play at all. A number of other guys missed time. Avs were still 7th in CHIP... in a relatively healthy year for the team.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Kiviranta is going to be on the top line come November because half the team is injured.

This is what kills me about the whole... 'when we get healthy' shtick. Odds are no NHL team escapes fully healthy from the season, but the Avs are typically one of the most injured teams in the league. Top 10 if not top 5 most years. Why would this team suddenly have the injury bug go away?

Reactions: Balthazar

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
What’s the worst that can happen if Drouin misses games? We’ll just have 4 top 6 forwards out. No big deal because we’ll just keep blaming Georgiev for losses

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
What’s the worst that can happen if Drouin misses games? We’ll just have 4 top 6 forwards out. No big deal because we’ll just keep blaming Georgiev for losses
Yeah! In no way (checks notes) is -3.16 GSAA in 40 minutes responsible for any loss.

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Yeah! In no way (checks notes) is -3.16 GSAA in 40 minutes responsible for any loss.
I don’t care what numbers Georgiev puts up. He can go stretches where he puts up 900 or better save percentage and we’ll still lose games if we have that many top forwards out of the lineup. Eventually you need to score goals to win games. MacK and Mikko need to play 40 minutes a game

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017
Nuke wasn't injury so much as being an idiot. Lehky, LOC, Frank, and Landy all missed significant time or didn't play at all. A number of other guys missed time. Avs were still 7th in CHIP... in a relatively healthy year for the team.
We probably had less injuries than any other team but I don't care enough to check.

Landy didn't get hurt last season.

LOC played 57 games, Nuke 54 games, Lehkonen 45 games.

If you get through the season only losing around 90 games total from all of your core, you had very good luck.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

I think it comes down to the pace they play at. Not just strain on muscles, and poor body mechanics, from trying to do more than their body is capable of in that moment, but it has an impact on awareness and execution on plays for lack of a better phrase.

Trying to play at the pace they play, it would defy logic to think there isn't a shift here or there in a game, where they try to do something at a higher pace than they're comfortable with. Not to mention the contributing factor of fatigue impacting their awareness and body mechanics. Even just within a game, being more tired on a shift, than they might normally.

Most of the time nothing happens, but every once in a while something does. Since there are so many "events" that happen within the course of one game where "something" can happen, the risk increases.

Those moments add up real quick over the course of 82+ games, and that increases the odds of something happening probably quite a bit for the Avs versus other teams.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
I don’t care what numbers Georgiev puts up. He can go stretches where he puts up 900 or better save percentage and we’ll still lose games if we have that many top forwards out of the lineup. Eventually you need to score goals to win games. MacK and Mikko need to play 40 minutes a game
We scored 4 goals last game and led the league in goals last year. Stop talking what ifs and address the obvious huge hole in net, literally.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
We probably had less injuries than any other team but I don't care enough to check.

Landy didn't get hurt last season.

LOC played 57 games, Nuke 54 games, Lehkonen 45 games.

If you get through the season only losing around 90 games total from all of your core, you had very good luck.
Landy was out last season though. We had 282 man games lost. Something like 7th or 8th most in the league.

If you give up only 5 high danger chances and 22 shots, you should only need 3 goals to win a game... and they provided 4. I'm with you in the idea that expectations should be dialed back on wins/losses unless they are going to overplay the top guys again (which Bednar probably will), but the failure against Vegas is 100% on George.

Reactions: Bender

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Let’s let Georgie hit .850 before talk about him hitting .900.

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017
Landy was out last season though. We had 282 man games lost. Something like 7th or 8th most in the league.

If you give up only 5 high danger chances and 22 shots, you should only need 3 goals to win a game... and they provided 4. I'm with you in the idea that expectations should be dialed back on wins/losses unless they are going to overplay the top guys again (which Bednar probably will), but the failure against Vegas is 100% on George.
Including Landeskog is pure semantics. But sure whatever, keep complaining about bad luck if it lets you cope.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Including Landeskog is pure semantics. But sure whatever, keep complaining about bad luck if it lets you cope.
I'm not complaining about bad luck. I'm stating the Avs are a frequently injured team and presenting the data behind it. Fact remains Landy was out due to injury last year. If he wasn't injured, he would have played.

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017
I'm not complaining about bad luck. I'm stating the Avs are a frequently injured team and presenting the data behind it. Fact remains Landy was out due to injury last year. If he wasn't injured, he would have played.
Oh I didn't notice you weren't the original poster I was replying to. I looked at the data and it was very different from what you claim, but w/e let's agree to disagree.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Oh I didn't notice you weren't the original poster I was replying to. I looked at the data and it was very different from what you claim, but w/e let's agree to disagree.
IMO The best injury data is gathered here. Take a look through it, the data I presented is all there.

One data point that is interesting... the Avs 23 year average for man games lost is 302 games. The only team that tops them is Vegas, and they clearly haven't been around for 23 years.

Last edited:

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011

tenor.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad