Seravalli: Lafreniere and Rangers working 8-year deal worth more than $8 million AAV

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vincent Clortho School for wizards
When you are the first overall pick and didn't get 40 points in a season in your first 3 years you are going to take a lot of shit...rightly so.
Or maybe our expectations shouldn't be that every 18 - 19 year old should come in and dominate? Maybe we can give them a couple of years

I am as guilty as anyone, tbh. By year 4, I was really out on Laf and thought he was a mega bust lol

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I mean sure, 1 point more in 35 minutes less. I'm fine with that.

The point is more knocking people that use PP numbers like they aren't completely situational and can change drastically on variables that have nothing to do with the player.

Producing at even strength consistently is far more valuable to me.

Closer. 1 more point in 35 more minutes if you are going to use number you can at least but in a little effort to get things right.

I understand where you are coming from but do find it curious you would include empty net situations, given they are completely situational and can change drastically on variables that have nothing to do with the player. The only way to for him to have more EV points is when you include empty net situations like some sites do. Just another little inconsistency.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
The problem is Seravalli is NEVER right.

Said Marner was 95% gone he's still in Toronto.

Said Necas would be traded before game 1 of the finals, he's still in Carolina.

Said Nick Robertson would be traded even after he signed his contract, Nick Robertson is still in Toronto.

I legitimately can't remember the last time was right about anything

HFpapi

Mar 6, 2010
Toronto/Amsterdam
Rangers see the writing on the wall. Laf is slowly justifying his draft position but also smart for Laf to not fly too close to the sun and walk away with 64 million in the bank.

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
I think that’ll be a bargain for the Rangers. Every game I watch him play the last 18 months he’s looked like he’s worth 10m a year.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
The problem is Seravalli is NEVER right.

Said Marner was 95% gone he's still in Toronto.

Said Necas would be traded before game 1 of the finals, he's still in Carolina.

Said Nick Robertson would be traded even after he signed his contract, Nick Robertson is still in Toronto.

I legitimately can't remember the last time was right about anything

Had Bratt as his number 1, or at least top 5, trade target in the offseason before he signed a massive extension with NJ too

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad