Injury Report: 2024 - 2025 Injury Reports

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

HighNote

Just one more Cup
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
I think something that is lost on some people is that it's not a question of "are you empathetic or not, yes or no." It's not black and white like that. You can feel empathetic for someone in some ways and not in other ways. I doubt anyone here is going to feel for Krug's bank account, but it's reasonable to feel bad for Krug himself, you know, the human being that is Torey Krug.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
That press conference was tough to watch. I wasn’t a fan of Torey Krug the player since the day they signed him but he’s a gamer and I never questioned his effort. I feel for Torey Krug the person.

Agree with those that said he sounded like a guy who knows his career is likely over. At one point, Krug mentioned the exact surgery - subtalar fusion, so I googled it…yikes.

I will fully admit I was wrong on the severity of his injury. “Pre-arthritic changes” doesn’t sound too bad but I don’t see how anyone could possibly skate at the NHL level after that surgery.

subtalar-fusion-arthroscopic-xray.jpg

Those aren’t small screws…

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
Listening to Krug talk about not being able to carry his kids was rough.

That press conference was tough to watch. I wasn’t a fan of Torey Krug the player since the day they signed him but he’s a gamer and I never questioned his effort. I feel for Torey Krug the person.

Agree with those that said he sounded like a guy who knows his career is likely over. At one point, Krug mentioned the exact surgery - subtalar fusion, so I googled it…yikes.

I will fully admit I was wrong on the severity of his injury. “Pre-arthritic changes” doesn’t sound too bad but I don’t see how anyone could possibly skate at the NHL level after that surgery.

subtalar-fusion-arthroscopic-xray.jpg

Those aren’t small screws…
1725512158761.gif

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
Man that initial injury Krug had in 2018 looked bad, what a damn shame he was never fully healthy for us in St Louis. I feel for the guy that has to be devastating for any athlete to be forced to retire early.

Yeah, seems like he was never at full strength here due to the injury. But he's a well-liked player, teammate and a hell of a competitor. Even if he's not the player some people wanted, it's a hell of an accomplishment to play almost 800 games in the NHL. To see certain constantly negative people tear him down is disappointing but not surprising. Says everything about them and nothing about Torey. Glad he'll still be around the team in some capacity this year and I'm sure his teammates will be grateful for that.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Reading the Athletic story about Krugs surgery is kinda crazy. Calling it a hail Mary and giving Krug a 30% chance at ever playing in the NHL again.

Reactions: Reality Czech

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Reading the Athletic story about Krugs surgery is kinda crazy. Calling it a hail Mary and giving Krug a 30% chance at ever playing in the NHL again.
Yeah, it’s a big surgery. Fusing the joint that allows your foot/ankle to rotate side to side?? I don’t see how a hockey player can play at any sort of higher level without that ability but I guess we’ll see. Sounds to me like a good way to put a ton of pressure on the bones around the fusion when he inevitably makes a movement that would normally require that side to side movement and perhaps creates a different injury.

He was asked in the presser if anyone’s come back from this. At first he said very few but then he clarified that specific to hockey, he’s not aware of any examples of a player returning after this surgery. Once I googled subtalar fusion and read a few paragraphs, it became obvious why. This is very likely career ending.

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

oPlaiD

Dec 3, 2007
Just to clarify, Dr. Rick Lehman, medical director for the US Center for Sports Medicine and a former Blues team doctor, called it a "Hail Mary" and gave that 30 percent figure. When I first read your post it sounded like you were making that call, but then I pulled up the article xD

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Just to clarify, Dr. Rick Lehman, medical director for the US Center for Sports Medicine and a former Blues team doctor, called it a "Hail Mary" and gave that 30 percent figure. When I first read your post it sounded like you were making that call, but then I pulled up the article xD
I give him a 23% chance in my medical expertise of basic military first aid. :popcorn::sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad