Injury Report: 2024 - 2025 Injury Reports

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Oh no! 😱

giphy.gif

Mar 6, 2012
This means we get his cap hit back for the year, correct?

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
ya how does this impact our cap?
Basically doesn't. If the Blues somehow add 8 mil in cap it will allow us to, but, outside of that it's just us having 23 guys on the roster with him in IR. Tho, I think insurance will pay him this season instead of ownership so the owners will get to keep some money.

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
I wonder if this is career ending, it’s not like the arthritis will go away and he’s probably going to be significantly more injury prone in that ankle.

Reactions: MissouriMook

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
Basically doesn't. If the Blues somehow add 8 mil in cap it will allow us to, but, outside of that it's just us having 23 guys on the roster with him in IR. Tho, I think insurance will pay him this season instead of ownership so the owners will get to keep some money.

I thought it was possible to accumulate capspace during the season if we put him on IR (so not at once like with LTIR) or something like that? Am I wrong?

joe galiba

Apr 16, 2020
I wonder if this is career ending, it’s not like the arthritis will go away and he’s probably going to be significantly more injury prone in that ankle.
granted I am 59, but after multiple ankle injuries I cannot even hit a soccer ball with my laces anymore, my ankle simply does bend that way
and I know a guy who had arthritis in his ankle starting in his 20's, he wound having to have his ankle fused

with the stress that is placed upon a professional hockey players' ankle from both change of direction and contact, I could see this easily being a career ending thing

blueper

Mar 29, 2012
I thought it was possible to accumulate capspace during the season if we put him on IR (so not at once like with LTIR) or something like that? Am I wrong?
You're right. But it doesn't look like the cap is going to be a problem. And as was mentioned, if the Blues put him on LTIR, insurance probably pays his salary. 8.5M real dollars this year. Plus, the Blues could still go over the cap with him on LTIR. They have plenty of flexibility now with this being confirmed.
They had 2.2M in cap space. If he goes on LTIR they have approximately 6.5M minus the 2.2 (to get to the cap). At least that's how it was explained to me. And yeah, I agree it's confusing. In fact, I just confused myself. Bottom line, they have cap space if they don't LTIR him. They have more if they do.

Last edited:
Reactions: Beauterham

blueper

Mar 29, 2012
If so, it would give Army quite a lot of capspace to play with at the trade deadline to potentially recoup some picks for bad expiring contracts if he desires to do so.
I like that thinking especially since we are short on draft picks next season now ... and it is suppose to be a strong draft from what I hear.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
We are kind of a rough crowd. Not disagreeing with the idea that the Blues will be better off, but wow. I mean he does have family members and the ability to read, right?

He can dry his tears by reading his bank statement then. He is vastly overpaid. If he doesn't realize that, he might not be smart enough to read. A bunch of randoms on the internet making jokes in a forum can't be worse than your boss trying to pay other teams to take you and getting few takers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad