Prospect Info: 2024-2025 In The System: Checkers, Ghost Pirates, CHL, NCAA, Europe, etc.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..

Michigan moves on and plays Penn State on Sunday evening.:ff2010

Samoskevich had an assist. Michigan's scoring was very spread out, as only two players did not record a point.

Sarnia beat Owen Sound 4-1. Vilmanis recorded an assist.

Last edited:
Reactions: letsgrowcactus

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Vilmanis had a goal and an assist this afternoon, as Sarnia worked Niagara 10-4. Sarnia will either play Owen Sound or Kitchener in the first round of the playoffs. Four teams in the conference have a makeup game each that they will do this week.

Mississauga lost to North Bay 5-2. The teams will meet again in the first round of the playoffs. Schwindt had a goal in the game today.

zeroG

Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA
I didn’t realize it’s in Tampa. I’d definitely like to go, will ask guys on my beer league team.

do it.

took my son to the championship game last year and it was a fantastic experience. probably had something to do with the fact it was a close and intense game but big college games are always a lot of fun with the kids going nuts and all.

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
do it.

took my son to the championship game last year and it was a fantastic experience. probably had something to do with the fact it was a close and intense game but big college games are always a lot of fun with the kids going nuts and all.
I went to a couple Wisconsin games back in 2007 against Michigan State. It was awesome! Probably helped we were there spending the weekend with Brian Elliott, that didn't hurt.

I will add, at least in wisconsin, they didn't serve alcohol at the game. So you might want to get a good pre drink on.

Reactions: zeroG

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Charlotte drops their 4th straight game and falling to 4th place in their division, swept by both Providence (2nd in Atlantic) and Springfield (now 3rd).

Screenshot_20230402_143511_Chrome.jpg

Carlsson is still on a crazy run, up to 18 goals, 48 pts in 56 games now.
He's 5 pts back of Riley Nash for team lead in points but Nash has played 5 extra games.
He's really the only one noteworthy during this slump.

They're faltering at the worst time right now, just 3-4-3 in their past 10.
They have 6 games left, all divisional:

2 x 1st place Hershey
2 x 8th place Wilkes-Barre
2 x 5th place Lehigh Valley, who trail Charlotte by 4 pts, both with 6 games to play.

Last edited:
Reactions: letsgrowcactus

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Charlotte drops their 4th straight game and falling to 4th place in their division, swept by both Providence (1st in Atlantic) and Springfield (now 3rd).

View attachment 680563

Carlsson is still on a crazy run, up to 18 goals, 48 pts in 56 games now.
He's 5 pts back of Riley Nash for team lead in points but Nash has played 5 extra games.
He's really the only one noteworthy during this slump.

They're faltering at the worst time right now, just 3-4-3 in their past 10.
They have 6 games left, all divisional:

2 x 1st place Hershey
2 x 8th place Wilkes-Barre
2 x 5th place Lehigh Valley, who trail Charlotte by 4 pts, both with 6 games to play.
Tough time for them not to have their starting goalie

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Signed a NCAA forward.

Panthers sign F Ryan McAllister to 3-year entry-level contract
Now I feel old.
This guy used to play midget AÀA hockey at one of the Arenas I used to drive zamboni. Then he used to play Junior B Hockey at a different arena I worked in.
A good hard-working kid, just undersized Lots of energy though. See how he makes out in the pros.
But I definitely feel a lot older now.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Very interesting trajectory. Went from AJHL then to college and has a pretty great year. Late bloomer perhaps?
It's honestly crazy. He went from 13 points in 20 games in the AJHL two years ago, to 139 points in 60 games also in the AJHL last year, to 49 points in 39 games in the NCAA this year. He's also still quite young at 21; his draft year would have been in 2020, same as Lundell and Sourdif.
Could be a late-bloomer type undrafted gem? It'll be interesting to see him in the AHL next year.

BTW, I wonder who we have scouting the AJHL? Benning is another guy originally from there and seems to be developing nicely. Fingers crossed on both of them.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Buddy of mine familiar with McAllister and the bandits. Says vision and puck skills are elite. Skating is great. Hasn’t seen edgework even close to him since makar. A forward version of Quinn Hugh’s. Thinks he’ll be top 6 within 3 years. See how it goes with Charlotte but these r the types of signings team needs with no draft picks

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Haché scored a PPG, despite Barrie falling to Hamilton 5-3, and the series being tied at 2 games at piece.

Sarnia beat Guelph 8-4, as the Sting take a stranglehold lead on the series 3 games to nothing. Vilmanis had two goals in the game.

North Bay defeated Mississauga 5-2, as Battalion retook the series lead two games to one. Arnsby scored for North Bay, and Schwindt added an assist for Mississauga.

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..

Just to remind people who want to watch, Michigan plays in the second NCAA Frozen Four semi-final game tomorrow night 4/6 at 8:30 in Tampa Bay.
Chance to see Samoskevich (rd 1, #24 '21) live in action & on ESPN2

Last edited:

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Charlotte needed this win badly, it snapped their 4 game losing streak.
They get a dominating, hopefully confidence building 5-0 W vs Wilkes-Barre (8th in Atlantic).

Screenshot_20230405_213526_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20230405_213517_Chrome.jpg

Carlsson got his 19th goal of the year and just keeps piling up the offense.

Denisenko, Heponiemi and Ludvig all had an assist.
Ludvig was paired with Carlsson on top line, not sure how long this has happened, may go back and see because Ludvig has a goal and 6 pts in his last 12 games.

Anywho, Charlotte now moves into a tie with Springfield (3rd) but will remain in 4th because of lower Reg wins.
They've created a 4 pt gap on 5th place Lehigh Valley, which the Checkers can pad as these two battle Friday night.

A 6 pt gap with 4 games left would all but secure a playoff spot for Charlotte.
All 3 teams mentioned have 5 games left.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad