2024-2025 Blues Trade Proposals Thread.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
I want to go on tangent here from good point you make. EF asked an interesting question last week on his pod- would you rather have Ottawa roster or Boston's? Sens arguably have more talent, and have since at least Bergeron and Krecji retired, but Boston has sustained winning culture. They play with structure and effort that you just don't see out of bottom teams. Sens have been a mess for years. Swapping out Brady ain't gonna change that.

And while it's still too early to see whether it will work, I think this is what DA has been trying to sustain here in refusing to do full teardown rebuild.

Culture/Identity/System It's all kind of the same thing. I think Buffalo is struggling through this alot right now as well. There has to be a balance there, there's only one puck. Reminiscent of the 2019 team. All of the talent was there that they needed. But it's hard to place everyone into the spot in which they fit in without a complete buy-in or without getting the right pieces magically. Stacking alot of talent is great. But aside from the McDavids/Crosby's etc and even with them it can only carry you so far.

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
I bolded and underlined one part, and that I agree with that I'd bet going into battle in that facet Brady is a better option.

I also underlined another part because it's something Brian touched on earlier. Ottawa's defensive/goaltending struggles are not purely to blame on their defense and goalies. If you watch alot of the Senators breakdowns (I'll pinpoint Brady because this is where I focused when I did this exercise last year when this was a topic) their forwards are all over the place. There is no structure at all, maybe it's changed this year under new coaching, I haven't gotten to catch a game this year. But I specifically remember watching a highlight video of goals against in one game and 3 of them Brady specifically was all over the place, it was a discombobulated mess.

Fair points. I can't really speak to that regard but I refuse to believe Kyrou is any better defensively. He's gotten better than he used to be, but he's been out of position plenty of times on goals as well. I would be willing to call the defensive side a wash as neither guy will be a Selke candidate any time soon.

Regarding Ottawa, it could also be a coaching issue. I've heard DJ Smith was a popular coach among the players but not sure what kind of a tactician and positioning coach he is. Let's see how Ottawa does this year. If they underachieve yet again, then big changes might be coming up there. They've also made two brutal trades in recent years for DeBrincat and Chychrun which have set them back. Seems like they've had bad coaching and management lately.

Memento

Future Authoress.
Sep 12, 2011
St. Louis, Missouri
To bring the trade forum back to sanity, I wonder if anyone wants to take a chance on Corson Ceulemans (Columbus right-handed defenseman)? I was a huge fan of him and Carson Lambos in their draft year. I'd ask what it would take on the trade forum, but I already asked on the Saad/Columbus thread, and I'm waiting for a response.

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
To bring the trade forum back to sanity, I wonder if anyone wants to take a chance on Corson Ceulemans (Columbus right-handed defenseman)? I was a huge fan of him and Carson Lambos in their draft year. I'd ask what it would take on the trade forum, but I already asked on the Saad/Columbus thread, and I'm waiting for a response.
He's probably too young to completely write off, but he's done nothing since he was drafted to suggest he will be quality NHLer. If they want someone like Alexandrov I'd liely do it. I wouldn't pay much for him though.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Tkachuk has 19 more points than Kyrou over the past three years while playing 1 more game, so I'd argue he's actually better offensively than Kyrou although stylistically different. I'm not convinced that Kyrou will ever be the top star on his team at any point in his career while Brady arguably already is. And he hit the ground running as an 18 year old, which few players can do. I think he's the kind of player who wants to be a leader and put the team on his back whereas I don't get that sense from Kyrou at all.

I said it before but 3rd in the league in hits and 4th in shots. That's nothing to scoff at. He's gonna make an impact somehow pretty much every game, while Kyrou tends to disappear at times and scores in bunches. I'd prefer the power forward who can get to the dirty areas rather than the perimeter sniper, but that's just me.

What's silly is everyone acting like Tkachuk vs. Kyrou is an even close comparison. And I thought I was considered the homer around here lol. If we can upgrade a position, we should consider doing it if the price is manageable.

19 points over 3 years is 6 points a year. If Kyrou us so 1-dimensional and streaky vs Tkachuk bring so dominant, you think it would be more than 6 points a year difference.

Nobody us saying Tkachuk isn't better. But giving up a first round pick + for 3 less years for 6 points a season and some possible intangibles?!?!?

You aren't even addressing the contract and acquisition cost. We get it. You like Grr I'm a togh guy, mean Neanderthal, when men were real men and all that bullshit. But the numbers on ice don't justify the extra acquisition cost and less contract term.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad