2024-2025 Blues Multi-Purpose Thread.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
I'd rather have Parayko than Dunn. Seems like everyone is infatuated with defensemen who put up points and actually playing defense is secondary. Dom's model seems more suited for fantasy hockey than real hockey.

I'd rather have both. You need both. Ideally you want your best D to do both. But if you cannot get it, there is a reason Dunn and Larsson are stapled at the hip at 5v5.

Reactions: Vladys Gumption

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
A lot of values for defensemen are weird for his model.
Here are some that raise my eyebrow.

Sergechev has a market Value of 1.3mil
Jake McCabe has a Value of 7.1mil
Matt Roy has a Value 9.7mil
If your model spits out results like this then you should probably tweak the model than publish the results…

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
Was just listening to Hockey Sense with Strickland from a couple weeks ago when he interviewed Mathieu Joseph. Was a cool interview overall but I thought I'd pass this little tidbit along. When asked which Blues player he was looking forward to playing with, he mentioned how hard Leddy is to play against and how impressive his skating ability is. Not the answer I was expecting but clearly Leddy is respected by at least some of his peers.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I remember when Strickland first mentioned Leddy as an option next to Parayko at that deadline and we were all pretty negative towards it. Part of me was optimistic because of his skating and puck-moving ability, and I think that type of player next to Parayko would really help him compared to guys like Mikkola or Scandella, but Leddy never faced the extreme deployment that he'd get next to Parayko. He exceeded my expectations in his current deployment.

Take out the disaster in Detroit and whatever happened in 17/18, and he's always been a solid player.

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
I agree with most of what you said. I disagree with generalizing and projecting emotion onto people for pointing out the flaws in the model. That's strange to me.
Some people point are the flaws as a matter of fact. Others absolutely get bent out of shape. I am not saying all people critiquing the model are getting bent out of shape.

Last edited:
Reactions: bleedblue1223

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
I'll never understand Leddy's negative reputation that some seem to have of him.

Leddy is a quality partner for Parayko, but he’s not a true 1LD that we need to help this team go to the next level. Hopefully Broberg will be that player in another year, or we can trade for one.

Reactions: Meatball

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad