2024/2025 Around the League

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Who are the cup contenders this year? I'm too out of the loop. Is it Edmonton(gross)?

I honestly don't know why we are that high with the uncertainty around Landy, Nuke, goaltending and lack of depth. :dunno:

5JRB3CB.png

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
The east will probably be a bloodbath again... Florida, New Jersey, Rags, and Carolina all look strong. Carolina will probably do their yearly no show. The next group down in the east are the Leafs, Bruins, Bolts group. Where the Bolts are probably the most likely to slip from there (I'm not sure if they even make the playoffs). Neither of the other teams look likely to move up. From the West, Stars and Oilers are above the rest with the next group of Avs, Vegas, and Vancouver. Vancouver probably the best chance to move up, and Vegas a very good chance to move down. Nashville is probably the team that can elevate to join that group. They aren't young, but they brought in talent.

The top 5 has to be some ranking of Florida, NYR, New Jersey, Dallas and Edmonton. Vancouver is the dark horse in the West. They need some health in net and they need to grab a top 4D... but they have the most aggressive GM in the league and assets to spare. Carolina will top a lot of lists, but I just don't think they have it.

Reactions: BaconNater

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
This is finally the year that Buffalo and/or Ottawa makes the playoffs right?

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I honestly don't know why we are that high with the uncertainty around Landy, Nuke, goaltending and lack of depth. :dunno:

5JRB3CB.png
Because betting odds are not about predicting winners, they are about making the most money.

Who else in the west is better? Dallas and Edmonton are the two others and that's it, really.
I see Vancouver as better, but the Avs/Canucks/Knights groups are in roughly the same area. Nashville can join that group if the olds don't break their hips.

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Panarin injured. Get this preseason over with please. I don’t even want MacK,Cale, Mikko playing in this games

Reactions: missionAvs

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Habs preseason games sure aren't uneventful so far...holy crap

Dirty hits and injuries all over the place

I’ll argue if guys don’t play hard, they are more susceptible to injury as they aren’t playing with that edge. Which allows guys who are playing hard to take advantage of iffy situations.

Which means I don’t think you should play top guys until they are actually willing to play like a normal game.

Reactions: expatriatedtexan

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Holy shit, so many key players getting injured in this preseason. I’ll keep asking what’s the point of playing 6 preseason games? They need to cut that in half

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Holy shit, so many key players getting injured in this preseason. I’ll keep asking what’s the point of playing 6 preseason games? They need to cut that in half
1000039919.gif

It's up to the coaches how many of these games are played by their star players. They could send out scrubs for 5 if they wanted.

Ad

Ad

Ad