OT: 2024 MLB Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Devilsgrl35

Feb 15, 2009
New York
Kind of sucks to be Arizona
They only have themselves to blame. They were up 8-0 over the Brewers last weekend and they lost 10-9. That was the difference. I've lived those losses which makes this first game mean so much more. We never win these kinds of games in these big spots.

And I'm just so happy for this Mets team. This was one of the most fun regular seasons I've experienced. I'm just so damn happy they made the playoffs because they earned it so much. And for Lindor to be the hero in the end.. It never works out like this for us.

Reactions: Whaddagoal

youryeah

Jun 21, 2019
that was the single greatest regular season game I've ever watched as a mets fan.

this team has the special sauce I swear.. it's insane they gotta play today. I can't imagine how emotionally drained they are from that

Reactions: Whaddagoal

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
pete rose dead at 83
Somehow I remember him playing when I first got into baseball. I was a HUGE baseball fan as a kid, much bigger than hockey at that time. That probably changed around 12-14 years old, and baseball hasn't aged as well with me. Though it's aged way better than football or basketball, which I haven't followed either of in decades and decades now.

I remember when he came out and pushed the umpire when he was the Reds manager, and he got suspended for a pretty long time. Was it a month or two? I only watched that game because it was against the Mets.

It was f***in crazy. It was one of the funniest things I had seen in baseball at the time as a pretty young kid.People were throwing trash on the field. It looked like a wrestling skit. I often times thought Pete Rose himself made that a worked shoot wrestling angle. And we all know he loved wrestling. I remember when he was choke slammed by Kane three years in a row at Wrestlemania some years later.

I'm surprised he wasn't eventually reinstated at some point in the last 35 years. The guy who banished him wound up dying like a week later.

Reactions: My3Sons

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad