2024/2025 Around the League

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Who are the cup contenders this year? I'm too out of the loop. Is it Edmonton(gross)?

I honestly don't know why we are that high with the uncertainty around Landy, Nuke, goaltending and lack of depth. :dunno:

5JRB3CB.png

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
The east will probably be a bloodbath again... Florida, New Jersey, Rags, and Carolina all look strong. Carolina will probably do their yearly no show. The next group down in the east are the Leafs, Bruins, Bolts group. Where the Bolts are probably the most likely to slip from there (I'm not sure if they even make the playoffs). Neither of the other teams look likely to move up. From the West, Stars and Oilers are above the rest with the next group of Avs, Vegas, and Vancouver. Vancouver probably the best chance to move up, and Vegas a very good chance to move down. Nashville is probably the team that can elevate to join that group. They aren't young, but they brought in talent.

The top 5 has to be some ranking of Florida, NYR, New Jersey, Dallas and Edmonton. Vancouver is the dark horse in the West. They need some health in net and they need to grab a top 4D... but they have the most aggressive GM in the league and assets to spare. Carolina will top a lot of lists, but I just don't think they have it.

Reactions: BaconNater

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
This is finally the year that Buffalo and/or Ottawa makes the playoffs right?

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I honestly don't know why we are that high with the uncertainty around Landy, Nuke, goaltending and lack of depth. :dunno:

5JRB3CB.png
Because betting odds are not about predicting winners, they are about making the most money.

Who else in the west is better? Dallas and Edmonton are the two others and that's it, really.
I see Vancouver as better, but the Avs/Canucks/Knights groups are in roughly the same area. Nashville can join that group if the olds don't break their hips.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad