2024/2025 Around the League

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Different markets have different outcomes and preferences. What works in Sweden, Russia, Japan or China may not work in the US or vice versa.
I've made it obviously clear that I prefer plain Utah HC. I realize that's a minority opinion here (and in NA). But if you have to pick gimmick, for the love of God pick something other than the horrible proposals that were published earlier. They all suck.

Utah Farmers, you can use Cotton-Eye-Joe as the goal song. That should work for the kids.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
fVaJlaz.png

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
Mt Holly, NC
I really hope we give them Howler as a mascot for their stadium warming party.

It's a shame we aren't using him anymore, might as well allow someone else to.
Yeah it’s silly he’s not the mascot anymore, Howler > Bernie. I had to look up what happened to him and it looks like he got in a fight with a Chicago Blackhawks fan during a game, lol.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com

Well, apart from pissing off a very thin-skinned Brad Marchand Kyle Bukauskas has had a pretty solid and non-controversial media career. Definitely better hair than Marek too.

Speaking of Marek I hope we see him again soon. I figure he's fine money-wise but it had to hurt walking away from a dream job like that.

One of the most underwhelming careers in NHL history. I'm honestly shocked he stuck around as long as he did.

Somehow the Rangers made it to the Stanley Cup Final with this dipshit and Dan Girardi in top-four roles IIRC. Just goes to show you how amazing Henrik Lundqvist was.

Reactions: AvsMakar08

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I really don't understand when I read comments across hockey about how Utah's scheme is so stupid and generic. Lol, like that's the entire point, it is supposed to be awful...

I’m 48 and I like the name Yeti :dunno:
My problem is they're trying too hard to be "snow" and it comes off as an "Avs already did it" sort of marketing. They should have went the dinosaur or Mammoth route.

Reactions: 5280

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I really don't understand when I read comments across hockey about how Utah's scheme is so stupid and generic. Lol, like that's the entire point, it is supposed to be awful...

My problem is they're trying too hard to be "snow" and it comes off as an "Avs already did it" sort of marketing. They should have went the dinosaur or Mammoth route.

Yeah I don't get it either, people are like, raging about uniforms specifically designed to be totally generic. Maybe they could've scrambled and gotten a proper name and uniforms set up but...meh. Who cares. Just get it right when you finally DO decide to brand properly. The Commanders are a prime example of how not to do that.

Among the possible names, IMO "Yeti" is the best one. I don't care for "Outlaws" and frankly both that and "Mammoth" are direct ripoffs of existing professional sports franchises anyway. Don't care if it's Lacrosse, it still counts. Obviously "Venom" is a non-starter, and they don't need to go full Euro with "Utah Hockey Club" full time. Nobody wants that except a few weirdos.

Reactions: S E P H

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I doubt he joins TSN. He will likely end up on a random podcast like everyone else that gets fired from mainstream media.
I just wonder what he would like to do next. He's kinda in between a studio host and an insider. I don't think TSN has a spot for him, unless they would like to do some changes to the programming and considering how much they've made cuts in the last few years...

If I were to guess, he starts up his own podcast. I just wonder if he's doing it with some existing, non-mainstream media like SDPN, Daily Faceoff or something...

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
So is "Utah Mormons" definitely out?

I wrote in "Utah Wieners" but I guess that didn't get much traction with the higher ups.

I like Yeti but Mammoth was my favorite from the options given.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Now this is an offseason thread!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad