2024/2025 Around the League

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth
I'm assuming his cap hit is gone, but does the team or his family have like insurance against it? That's a lot of money his kids miss out on

The Pwnerer

Jan 27, 2006
Such awful news, I'm close to NYC and it just isn't worth it anymore to ride your bike anymore. You can't trust anyone. This is third big drunk driving news accident that I can recall to happen in the Northeast this summer. One was a blossoming doctor in Philly on her bike. So sad.

I really wish USA would take note of the bike culture and safety of Europe (Neatherlands) but it'll never happen.

Last edited:

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth
Such awful news, I'm close to NYC and it just isn't worth it anymore to ride your bike anymore. You can't trust anyone. This is third big news drunk driving accident that i can recall to happen in the Northeast. One was a blossoming doctor in Philly on her bike. So sad.

I really wish USA would take note of the bike culture and safety of Europe (Neatherlands) but it'll never happen.
I live in a rural town and some lady drunk drove into a lady riding her bike here and dragged her for 1/2 a mile before speeding away.

• Wow
Reactions: The Pwnerer

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I'm assuming his cap hit is gone, but does the team or his family have like insurance against it? That's a lot of money his kids miss out on
The NHL CBA requires that all players are provided life insurance the amount of their base salary for a season. It is weird in that it starts on Nov 1 with that year's salary... in this case it doesn't change. It would be 7,750,000. Players who are very bonus heavy don't have to have their signing bonus amount matched on life insurance. I'd bet his family had a pretty large policy too.

Reactions: The Moops

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
This Gaudreau news is insane, everything around the situation just makes it that much more of a tragedy. If that guy was actually drunk and driving aggressively I hope this put pressure on the legal system to take dui-related murders more seriously. Just really, really shitty news. Can’t imagine what his family is going through
Yeah his life is also ruined. I have a hard time feeling bad for him in any manner, but his family is going to have a very rough time as well.

Reactions: The Moops

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
f*** sakes man. I just knew when I went to sleep last night this is what I'd wake up to. So f***ing shit man.

Anyone who makes the decision to drive while under the influence are absolutely a part of the worst of the worst.

Reactions: Phil Raitt

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Apparently vehicular homicide carries a 5-10 year sentence in New Jersey with a minimum term of the greater of 3 years or one third of the sentence. Unsure how it stacks.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Flames Twitter account.

grWlyMo.png

Reactions: Bensch88

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Apparently vehicular homicide carries a 5-10 year sentence in New Jersey with a minimum term of the greater of 3 years or one third of the sentence. Unsure how it stacks.
DUI and trying to pass on the right side of the road resulting in 2 deaths. He's probably going to get max sentence.

That's for another debate but cars are just too big today. Cyclists and pedestrians just don't stand a chance.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Well, that's not nearly enough. I would like to see deaths as a result of drunk driving be treated as equivalent to murder. Zero issues throwing people like this man away for life. He killed two young men and ruined so many more lives.

Opened up laptop up at work this morning to this news and can't believe this actually happened...how does a family even pick up and get itself back together after this...? Can't imagine being the parents losing two sons...or the sister who just lost her two brothers the day before what was supposed to be one of the happiest in her life in what was apparently going to be a huge family celebration (Johnny and Matthew were going to be groomsmen and Johnny's wife was going to be a bridesmaid?)...and those poor little children who are going to grow up without a father. Really, I don't think you can recover from this as a family, not properly. So many victims. At least one generation devastated for the rest of their lives.

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
Such awful news, I'm close to NYC and it just isn't worth it anymore to ride your bike anymore. You can't trust anyone. This is third big drunk driving news accident that I can recall to happen in the Northeast. One was a blossoming doctor in Philly on her bike. So sad.

Having cycled nine months around the world now, USA and especially Texas, Florida and everything between have been the places where I've been most terrified. Especially Louisiana and Florida. India, South-East Asia, Africa.. almost no issues at all. USA, some parts horrible.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
how does a family even pick up and get itself back together after this...? Can't imagine being the parents losing two sons...or the sister who just lost her two brothers the day before what was supposed to be one of the happiest in her life in what was apparently going to be a huge family celebration (Johnny and Matthew were going to be groomsmen and Johnny's wife was going to be a bridesmaid?)...and those poor little children who are going to grow up without a father. Really, I don't think you can recover from this as a family, not properly. So many victims. At least one generation devastated for the rest of their lives.
That family is never recovering from that. It's an unbelievable nightmare and they can't wake up.

That poor sister who was getting married. Imagine the guilt and the pain. Kids that lost their dad and uncle.

There's no word.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Holy f***, I'll never understand HFBoards (or any larger internet community to be fair). I'm in the Johnny thread and there appear to be people that are legitimately trying to bring sympathy to the driver. WTF.

The number of people I've cut out of my life because they drink and drive is way higher than I'd thought it'd be. I'm not surprised morons have sympathy for that POS considering they do it themselves.

Reactions: avsfan09

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad