Prospect Info: 2024 18th Overall - Sacha Boisvert

cassac

Sep 19, 2013
I mean I like Nazar but he hasn't done anything in the NHL yet. As of right now, MTL got the best player in that deal. Hopefully in 3-4 years Nazar will be the best player.
Yet Nazar played more games and had more goals than Dach last year.

I just kidding.

Castle8130

May 9, 2017

Good scouting video of Sachas all around playstyle.

A bit of a puck hog in the neutral zone and has poor offensive zone entry with possesion of the puck numbers

Great puck skills and a strong shooter. Some smoothness in his skating with the puck

Last edited:

Ace Card Bedard

Back in Black, Red, and White
Feb 11, 2012
All of these prospects are unfinished players at this point.
I don't think we can say which will turn out better than expected or worse than expected until they prove it.

So many greats were picked late in the draft and so many busts were picked early.
It's a crapshoot. You do your best to find someone who you think can make that jump to the NHL in a few years and hope for the best.

Datsyuk and Zetterberg were late picks.
Robitaille and Brett Hull also.
Nobody expected these guys to become NHL stars.

For all we know at this point, John Mustard could be a Hall of Famer.

So let's just hope for the best and give the kids a chance to prove themselves.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
All of these prospects are unfinished players at this point.
I don't think we can say which will turn out better than expected or worse than expected until they prove it.

So many greats were picked late in the draft and so many busts were picked early.
It's a crapshoot. You do your best to find someone who you think can make that jump to the NHL in a few years and hope for the best.

Datsyuk and Zetterberg were late picks.
Robitaille and Brett Hull also.
Nobody expected these guys to become NHL stars.

For all we know at this point, John Mustard could be a Hall of Famer.

So let's just hope for the best and give the kids a chance to prove themselves.
I was looking at the "HF Boards Top 50 Prospects" lists from over the years and it solidifies my apathy for prospects and the draft. You never really know. By all means some of you here like/love talking about prospects and that's all well and good but it does nothing for me. The success rate on most of these kids is way, way, way too low for me to follow their development seriously.

wladyslaw

Aug 19, 2013
He does remind me a bit of Toews (body type , shot) ! A lesser Toews with flying fists , nice add .
I will add... That he has some pretty filthy hands over Toews... doubt if Sacha can BULL and win the Puck /board battles that Toews did in his first several years...

But-yeah--that video shows that Boisvert could be special.

Also like that he has a very Boyish face... which leads me to believe he has a lot of filling out to do as well as maturing... which means even more potential upside...like Rinzel

Reactions: dj Mahoney

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs

read Powers' piece and Wheeler's (from 5/24). feeling pretty optimistic here. kid seems laser focused. as myriad others have stated myriad times, it's impossible to project what the finished product is going to be. but I see very little to be concerned about. 2 years at UND (great choice, BTW) and then on to the Hawks (almost certainly the Hogs). next 2 years are gonna be interesting.

Cubs2024wildcard

Hung out with Livvy Dunne. You didnt.
Apr 29, 2015
Kid turns into the second coming of Wayne Simmonds and people will still say they should have taken x player instead.

Kids tough. Double tough. Nobody is going to cheap shot Bedard once this kid arrives.

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
Reactions: Mrfenn92

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad