World Cup: 4 Nations Tournament - Team Finland (2025)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
One more season like last years from UPL and he's will fight for the first spot against Saros. He showed the ability to steal games plenty of times. For now, he's hella underrated by the majority that aren't Sabres fans.

Don't believe Ristolainen takes a spot either so Välimäki over Ristolainen. Could imagine Jokiharju being before Ristolainen in the picking order as well.
Husso wouldn't even take a spot in my books.

Regarding the forwards... A lot of young or younger ones that could break out and fill those holes still. Kakko, Tolvanen, Helenius, Lambert, Huuhtanen, Tuomaala, Matikka, Kupari etc.
But yeah, I wouldn't mind Kakko nor Tolvanen with the great centers Finland currently have. I believe they could be a pleasant surprise and they would play with better players than in their current NHL teams. Also I feel like Kakko could be a good match chemistry wise with TT and Aho or even in the first line because of his defensive awareness and the way he takes responsibility.

Reactions: Tupu

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
That's a pretty damn good roster that could upset any of the top teams.

Add Granlund for sure. Their defence is the weak part, but Heiskanen is a stud and they have some top end 2 way forwards.

Coffees

blackhawk down
Nov 12, 2021
Massachusetts

There’s no problem in filling those spots, Finns have talent well suited for this roles all over the globe.

The question is obviously can they be a sneaky underdog to win the whole thing, and well yeah I think they can
@Tupu reply to confirm so there is no confusion

Last edited by a moderator:

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Laine - Barkov - Rantanen
Granlund - Hintz - Maccelli
Lehkonen - Aho - Teräväinen
Armia - Lundell - Luostarinen

13. forward Kakko

Lindell - Heiskanen
Välimäki - Mikkola
Jokiharju - Määttä

7. Hakanpää if healthy.

Saros
Luukkonen

Tupu

Dec 20, 2012
Which of these questions is the poll supposed to be related to?

1. Who would you fill on these lacking roster spots?
  2. Do they stand a chance or
  3. are they most lackluster roster in the tournament?
Yes

Reactions: ESH

Tupu

Dec 20, 2012
That's a pretty damn good roster that could upset any of the top teams.

Add Granlund for sure. Their defence is the weak part, but Heiskanen is a stud and they have some top end 2 way forwards.
Yeah, having Lundell as your 4th line center is something crazy also. Defensive side is a bit thin after first pairing but I think they could outplay it with 2 way minded offense.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Yeah, having Lundell as your 4th line center is something crazy also. Defensive side is a bit thin after first pairing but I think they could outplay it with 2 way minded offense.
I always like watching Finland. They're never the most talented on paper (getting better), but they often punch above their weight and can definitely hold their own against any team.

• Love
Reactions: Svedu and Tupu

Tupu

Dec 20, 2012
I always like watching Finland. They're never the most talented on paper (getting better), but they often punch above their weight and can definitely hold their own against any team.
Has to be a collective thing to be playing in the Finnish roster. Always better than expected. No ego before the team. God was I scared seeing Datsyuk on the lineup but not so much anoymore.

Last edited:
Reactions: CanadienShark

Tupu

Dec 20, 2012
Gives me a headache to think that Barkov has to play with some other number than 16, cos Finns have retired Ville Peltonens #16. Efffd up sheiht, hes like 1000x better player than Ville ever was.

Last edited:
Reactions: illone84

FiLe

Mr. Know-It-Nothing
Oct 9, 2009
Gives me a headache to think that Barkov has to play with some other number than 16, cos Finns have retired Ville Peltonens #16. Efffd up sheiht, hes like 1000x better player than Ville ever was.
Actually, Liitto made the decision to unretire those numbers a few years ago. They will remain in the rafters as "honored" numbers, but present-day and future players are still allowed to use them.

Source

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006

Ouiiiiii!!
Laine - Barkov - Rantanen
Granlund - Hintz - Maccelli
Lehkonen - Aho - Teräväinen
Armia - Lundell - Luostarinen

13. forward Kakko

Lindell - Heiskanen
Välimäki - Mikkola
Jokiharju - Määttä

7. Hakanpää if healthy.

Saros
Luukkonen

You don't waste top players on a Barkov line. He is a line by himself. A buddy and an oldie (M.G.) is enough for a goldie. Macelli is not among the top 12 in my eyes. Better with someone like "Howlin'" Haula or Armia for balance.

Lehkonen - Aho - Rantanen
Laine - Barkov - Granlund
Teräväinen - Hintz - Kakko
Kotkaniemi - Lundell - Armia
Haula - Luostarinen - Tolvanen

Last edited:

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Ouiiiiii!!

You don't waste top players on a Barkov line. He is a line by himself. Macelli is soft and not among the top 12 in my eyes.

Lehkonen - Aho - Rantanen
Laine - Barkov - Granlund
Teräväinen - Hintz - Kakko
Kotkaniemi - Lundell - Armia
Haula - Luostarinen - Tolvanen
So, Kakko, Kotkaniemi, Tolvanen and Armia ahead of Maccelli, who has put 57p in Arizona last year? Maybe he will put a bit better with better linemates? :D

Reactions: Ippenator

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
So, Kakko, Kotkaniemi, Tolvanen and Armia ahead of Maccelli, who has put 57p in Arizona last year? Maybe he will put a bit better with better linemates? :D

It's the same with Team Sweden. We don't play Nyquist or Burakovsky but instead goes with Backlund etc. Two softies already in Bratt and Elias Pettersson.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad