HF Habs: 2023 World U18 Men's Hockey Championship: Finals Sunday, April 30 | Canada wins Bronze, 4-3 (OT) | USA wins Gold, 3-2 (OT), Sweden Silver

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Like yeah Smith is on an awesome line, but even if he wasn't, high end players make high end players and they do it with regularity at this level.

Dvorsky, Barlow, Sale as players who could be in the top 10, aren't doing that with regularity so far in this tournament.

Habs end up drafting 7.

Bedard
Fantilli
Smith
Carlsson
Benson
Michkov

I would be heartbroken. There goes my top 6 guys. I'm not vibing 7-11, so many options for me, I wouldn't really care who they picked at that point.

Then you take Reinbacher and you've basically settled the D core for the entirety of our contention window.

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
Like yeah Smith is on an awesome line, but even if he wasn't, high end players make high end players and they do it with regularity at this level.

Dvorsky, Barlow, Sale as players who could be in the top 10, aren't doing that with regularity so far in this tournament.

Then you take Reinbacher and you've basically settled the D core for the entirety of our contention window.

I'm just saying I wouldn't be upset with what guy they want at 7, even if it's Reinbacher, who's outside my top 10. The separation is difficult at that point, but I do think he's a reach @5.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Weren’t some here a little cool on Carlson?
I hope the teams ahead of us feel the same….we can then witness Hughes sprint, trip and fall on his face as he rushes to the podium, skips the handshake with Bettman and screams out his name to assure he’s ours.

Hughes podium speech….”HABS TAKE CARLSSON…..FROM SWEDEN!!!!!”

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Someone else mentioned it before, but after going Slafkovsky/Mesar last year, we could go Smith/Perrault this year. I officially like Perrault, he’s somehow underrated

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
I like Benson and his jam but you got to go with Smith and the elite skill and passing. I'd love for Smith to be even faster but he's already above average.
I don’t think you can go wrong with either….Smith just scored a beauty so it’s natural to side with him over Benson.

I’d side with Smith but I’d shed zero tears if we drafted Benson.

Same with Carlsson/Fantilli…..you can’t go wrong with either one….at 2 I’d be equally as happy with one or the other.

My locks based on my limited knowledge and experience with junior players:

1 is Bedard
4 is Michkov

2/3 and 5/6 are interchangeable

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
If you want benson over smith then this totally reeks of you wanting newhook over Caufield again haha
Nothing wrong with Newhook over Caufield. Newhook should be doing as well as Boldy and close to Caufield. And he would be if he was on the Habs. And Caufiled would be doing nothing if he was on Colorado. Bednar kills forward prospects.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I don’t think you can go wrong with either….Smith just scored a beauty so it’s natural to side with him over Benson.

I’d side with Smith but I’d shed zero tears if we drafted Benson.

Same with Carlsson/Fantilli…..you can’t go wrong with either one….at 2 I’d be equally as happy with one or the other.

My locks based on my limited knowledge and experience with junior players:

1 is Bedard
4 is Michkov

2/3 and 5/6 are interchangeable
Honestly the goal did nothing for me. I am okay with defensive deficiencies since we will have Suzuki, PLD, Beck and more to make up for it. What I had questions about was his motor and his skating. I just think he possesses more elite qualities than Benson.

Cubebrick

Mar 5, 2014
You guys are literally all commiting the scouting faux-pas lmao

Omergherd Will Smith scored a dandy bandy in the u18 ToP 3!

Chill guys, chill.
Credit where credit is due though.

He has a solid tournament following a strong offensive year. That said, I don't believe that this U18, or any other intl play, should weigh more than any league play for any prospect which is likely what you're alluding to.

I've been critical of his overall game with the USDP, and I stand by what I said, but he's showing a lot of good things out there so it's at least encouraging to see.

Reactions: WinterLion

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad