2023 Training Camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
IMG_1259.jpeg

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
Questions I have coming into training camp...

Marchand - Coyle - DeBrusk
Will they get enough offense from Coyle for this line to work?

JVR - Zacha - Pasta
What is Zacha's ceiling? Will JVR be good enough 5on5 to hang with 18 & 88? If not, who's next in line?

Boqvist - Geekie - Frederic
What's not a question? Can Boqvist be a good puck transporter and playmaker? How will Geekie handle the heavier workload? Will Frederic be able to lead them? Will this line have chemistry? Will one of them get bumped for a kid?

Lucic - Brown - Chiasson
Will they be fast enough? Can a rookie force his way onto this line (McLaughlin, Beecher, Lauko)

Zboril, Mitchell or Walsh?

What will PP1 look like without Bergeron and Bertuzzi?

Will the rookies really have an opportunity to bump off the vets? Or will they just go with 1way contracts out of camp and expect jobs to be earned in-season?

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010

JVR - Zacha - Pasta
What is Zacha's ceiling? Will JVR be good enough 5on5 to hang with 18 & 88? If not, who's next in line?

What's not a question? Can Boqvist be a good puck transporter and playmaker? How will Geekie handle the heavier workload? Will Frederic be able to lead them? Will this line have chemistry? Will one of them get bumped for a kid?

Lucic - Brown - Chiasson
Will they be fast enough? Can a rookie force his way onto this line (McLaughlin, Beecher, Lauko)

Will the rookies really have an opportunity to bump off the vets? Or will they just go with 1way contracts out of camp and expect jobs to be earned in-season?

I really hope Brown and Chiasson are not with the Bruins when the regular season starts, especially Brown as he is a low talent AHL talent. There are more talented albeit younger players available.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I really hope Brown and Chiasson are not with the Bruins when the regular season starts, especially Brown as he is a low talent AHL talent. There are more talented albeit younger players available.

I think Brown ends up in the Nosek role. Good in the dot, can throw the body, but won't give you much production.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
The difference is Nosek is a proven NHL player while Brown is a 31 year old who is unproven at the NHL level. The Bruins can do a lot better then him, surely.

Guess it depends on what your definition of proven is. Boston like a 4c who can win draws. Brown is 56.1% for his career and his style of play matches what the Bruins like in their 4th line. I'd love for someone like Beecher to beat him out.

Reactions: Gordoff

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Guess it depends on what your definition of proven is. Boston like a 4c who can win draws. Brown is 56.1% for his career and his style of play matches what the Bruins like in their 4th line. I'd love for someone like Beecher to beat him out.
If the Bruins give Beecher a fair shake he should be able to beat out the very limited Brown, Beecher is bigger, much faster and is responsible defensively. Not sure how he is on the dot, but his skill set is similar to Kuraly, and he was a really good 4th liner for the Bruins.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
If the Bruins give Beecher a fair shake he should be able to beat out the very limited Brown, Beecher is bigger, much faster and is responsible defensively. Not sure how he is on the dot, but his skill set is similar to Kuraly, and he was a really good 4th liner for the Bruins.

If history has taught us anything it's that Sweeney Co likes to take advantage of guys who don't require waivers. Unfortunately for Beecher he's waiver exempt. My guess is for him to stick, he'll need need to come into camp playing at the level of a 3C. Again would love for him to be the 4C, but it feels like every year there is a young guy that plays good and should be on the roster but he's waiver exempt and sent to the AHL

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Beechers biggest flaw in that role is his lack of consistency on the hustle. If his flashes are marks of development then he should be bottom 6 gold, but if they're just flashes then he might not make the jump permanently.

Reactions: Gordoff and hrdpuk

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
First Wrap of the Pre Season

Poitras 5 shots -1 3-2 loss

Edward doesn't play till next Saturday

Pelosi and Hendrickson play next Friday

Swift Current with Big Reid Dyck play Thursday night

College kids are back on Campus

Swedish J20 started

Let's Go!

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
If history has taught us anything it's that Sweeney Co likes to take advantage of guys who don't require waivers. Unfortunately for Beecher he's waiver exempt. My guess is for him to stick, he'll need need to come into camp playing at the level of a 3C. Again would love for him to be the 4C, but it feels like every year there is a young guy that plays good and should be on the roster but he's waiver exempt and sent to the AHL
People should read this twice.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
That's true, but I hate that line of thinking, especially when it benefits a talentless plug like Brown.

• Wow

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England

JVR - Zacha - Pasta

Lucic - Brown - Chiasson

I’d like to think Lauko beats out someone like Chiasson.

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
I don't get the Lauko love, Let him earn it like everyone else. To say he's a "no brainer" is a stretch
To me according to how he played in his limited time last season he is a no brainer.

I have him ahead of brown, lucic and chaisson.

Lauko is the best 4th line option.

His forecheck is amazing. He gets behind the D and forces them to use a lot of energy to defend him. He also draws a lot of penalties because of this. He speed gets him on the puck as fast as anyone.

He loves to hit.

He fights.

Brown is a centre. So I suppose there is that. I honestly don’t think brown will make the opening night roster regardless. I’m hoping a centre prospect makes it personally.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
That's true, but I hate that line of thinking, especially when it benefits a talentless plug like Brown.

I don't love the way of thinking either, but it is what it is. If someone like Beecher makes it, then it's a happy surprise for me. I try to set my expectation to what I think Sweeney will do based on his track record. It beats getting hype for a young kid who plays well and then being disappointed when he shipped to the AHL.

Thankfully for me Lauko is no longer waiver exempt and I don't think he'd clear waiver, so he should be on the big club.

To me according to how he played in his limited time last season he is a no brainer.

I have him ahead of brown, lucic and chaisson.

Lauko is the best 4th line option.

His forecheck is amazing. He gets behind the D and forces them to use a lot of energy to defend him. He also draws a lot of penalties because of this. He speed gets him on the puck as fast as anyone.

He loves to hit.

He fights.

Brown is a centre. So I suppose there is that. I honestly don’t think brown will make the opening night roster regardless. I’m hoping a centre prospect makes it personally.

Who?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad