2023 Trade Deadline (03/03/23 3PM EST)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

CBJWerenski8

Rest in Peace Johnny
Jun 13, 2009
i will say that even if I would prefer Gavrikov, it appears Boston had him as their backup plan once orlov became available. We got left at the alter.

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017

Some writer said that NYR can afford Kane with some cap magic involving moving these two guys.

... so i guess that could be happening? Big boost for CHI in the Tankey Cup finals

I3LI3

Jan 9, 2021
Columbus, OH
honestly, I might be in the minority with this take but, I really like this whole ‘scratched due to trade related reasons’

kinda adds excitement (minus the fact that the players end up sitting for multiple games usually but still)

Reactions: LJ7

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
honestly, I might be in the minority with this take but, I really like this whole ‘scratched due to trade related reasons’

kinda adds excitement (minus the fact that the players end up sitting for multiple games usually but still)
I think with it we just sacrificed our soul and our reputation only to get the rug yanked out from under us.

Because nobody's going to remember that so many teams did it. They're only going to remember that the Coyotes and the Jackets - two teams towards the bottom of the League - did it, and so "they deliberately tanked and so they deserve nothing" is going to be a perpetual refrain for the rest of our natural lives.

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017

I dont really care whether they play or not, but I love the honesty from the teams. Saying the trade chip is suddenly day-to-day was lame

Reactions: I3LI3

MissADD

Jun 21, 2018
Silvermoon City
I wonder if Hathaway was the kicker for Boston because he replaces Smith, but cheaper. They Jackets didn't have that so that may have pushed them to Orlov over Gavrikov, I rate Gavi over him Orlov as well, but when look at this trade, doing this was prob cheaper

CBJWerenski8

Rest in Peace Johnny
Jun 13, 2009
So if Boston is done. Where’s he off to now?

We know the Kings want a D but want one with term. So I assume he’s off the market there

He’s been linked to Edmonton before. Is that the new favorite?

MissADD

Jun 21, 2018
Silvermoon City

I disagree. Its protecting a trade asset. Look at what happened to Nyquist. He could have fetched at least a 2nd, if not a 1st. He got hurt and he may get nothing now. I only say may because I read he theoretically could be ready for the playoffs, but I am not sure how accurate that is.

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017

We know the Kings want a D but want one with term. So I assume he’s off the market there

Edmonton seems likely. I wonder if Kings would be interested in getting both Gavrikov and Korpi

Reactions: FSL KINGS

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Sponsor
Jul 13, 2022
Finland
I generally like the openness and speculation of "for trade related reasons". But it becomes a problem after the third day or so, it shouldn't last that long... (I sort of get the protecting assets part of it but maybe that should be handled differently/worded different.)

At least we can take solace in the fact that Boston's 1st is going to be very late in the round.

Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

It should be Edmonton.

Karlsson is unrealistic and Klingberg is a damm mess.
& Edmonton is a defensive mess

Youngguns1380

A worthy goal is easy to defend
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2021
Ohio
I am just pissed - Jarmo playing the dentist and not reading the tea leaves. We may also now miss out on Chychrun.

Chychrun is now being rumored to Senators

Last edited:

Youngguns1380

A worthy goal is easy to defend
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2021
Ohio
good, I hope we do.
Tell me who do we get with decent term (not 31 yr old Orlov looking for 6 years) that is the same or better than Gavrikov without overpaying for worse talent this summer. We needed this last year and didn’t get it done. I feel Jarmo is a decent evaluator but sucks at negotiations.

I would have preferred to keep Gavy - just for the record

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad