2023 Team Board Mock Draft

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Most of our board would not be familar with either guy too much. I like Honzek a lot and watched him a few times this year. Have a scout friend that is very very high on him and calls him a poor man's Kopitar. Perrault I am less enthused about at this spot, I don't like his foot speed for his size, guy has incredible vision and play making but honestly we don't need that type of player. The other guy our board really liked was Callum Ritchie

I think I like Dragicevic because his upside is super high. Righ shot D that can move the puck and QB a powerplay. I think he can be a very good number 2 guy in the NHL but at worst is a number 4 who puts up points. Got a lot going for him. Has a bit of an awkward skating style but it doesn't hamper him too much.
Perreault is the second-best USNTDP player after Smith and I don't think it is close. Smith is obviously the gem of that line, but worrying about Perreault's skating considering his vision and IQ for the game is a bit capricious. I would absolutely draft him at Winnipeg's pick and definitely over Lukas if this is strictly a talent argument.

I quite like Dragicevic, but it seems all the prospect rankings have him falling out of the first round now based on his U18s. I think that is pretty unfair because his offensive skills are something you can't teach players, while his defensive game is very fixable. That would be a solid get for the Jets.

IN a shocker HFAvs DOESN'T go with the tallest player and takes Edstrom.
But is probably the better player and I picked him in the original poll and the run-on poll, but not surprising Avs fans went with whoever is the most available centre on the poll. Not sure that's a smart selection, but it is what it is.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
But is probably the better player and I picked him in the original poll and the run-on poll, but not surprising Avs fans went with whoever is the most available centre on the poll. Not sure that's a smart selection, but it is what it is.
How can he better if he's shorter?:huh:

Chan790

Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Bingy town, NY
Heidt is a good pick, but they need to start going after some size.
If you go to the Canes board and read the related post, there is a strong contingent that if the draft fell like this, Heidt would go here, but probably not to Carolina, who would auction the pick for multiple picks or a more fitting spec.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
If you go to the Canes board and read the related post, there is a strong contingent that if the draft fell like this, Heidt would go here, but probably not to Carolina, who would auction the pick for multiple picks or a more fitting spec.
Not really feasible for this exercise though.

I'd dread the Canes with multiple picks dragging the 2nd round out again. Bunch of jerks!

Chan790

Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Bingy town, NY
Not really feasible for this exercise though.

I'd dread the Canes with multiple picks dragging the 2nd round out again. Bunch of jerks!
No. Not for this exercise. It was more of a general observation. He's just far-and-away BPA at #30 even if we have different systemic needs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad