2023 Tank Thread (Mod post Page 60)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
Since it seems the Ducks will likely finish bottom 5 this year, I figured we should have a thread for discussing the implications of where the f***s will finish in the standings. As well as what factors could affect where they finish.

Tonight was interesting as all bottom 5 teams earned 2 points sans the Ducks and the Hawks.

Hey Folks,

Want to clear some of the air here, Tank talk is not an issue, please talk tank to your heart’s content here, totally understand how critical it is for that Future Potential Top pick. The issue is posting in the GDT, like you want the team to lose or make posts that you are angry they are winning or won the game, or bashing the team for not tanking.

The main reason is, to respect your fellow members. The GDT is about discussion of the game on a live basis and then post game discussion and opinions. A lot of fans are not rooting for the team to lose, and everyone has their views and opinions towards tanking, and may not want to discuss tanking in the GDT

If you guys have any concerns, feel free to PM me or another mod, and would be happy to explain more in detail.

Thanks!

Leo

Last edited by a moderator:

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
In all this tank stuff, this definitely has to qualify as one of the most unlikely results you’ll ever see. Buddy Robinson was in the lineup for the Hawks, and he wasn’t even on the 4th line!

Mrazek got domed, and Stalock came in and got the win. And the key goals were scored by guys names Raddysh, Katchouk, and Entwistle.

Seth Jones, the one actually good player for the Hawks, was the only reason they gave up 3 instead of 1.

Reactions: Yemeth and Static

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2012
In all this tank stuff, this definitely has to qualify as one of the most unlikely results you’ll ever see. Buddy Robinson was in the lineup for the Hawks, and he wasn’t even on the 4th line!

Mrazek got domed, and Stalock came in and got the win. And the key goals were scored by guys names Raddysh, Katchouk, and Entwistle.

Seth Jones, the one actually good player for the Hawks, was the only reason they gave up 3 instead of 1.
The Hawks had some dude named Mike Hardman playing forward who I have legitimately never heard of before. And that's saying something because I spend way too many waking hours focused on hockey. :laugh:

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
The Hawks had some dude named Mike Hardman playing forward who I have legitimately never heard of before. And that's saying something because I spend way too many waking hours focused on hockey. :laugh:
yeah, they're basically an AHL team at this point. no idea how they managed to beat boston

as bad as this ducks team is, there's just no way they'll finish worse than the hawks when they're icing an AHL roster and the ducks have the kids+gibson

Reactions: Duck Off

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits.
Nov 26, 2017
I know this is a thread to celebrate losing, but the Sharks are inexcusably bad. Lack of effort is appalling.

If you want an update: the Sharks are currently down 3-1 after scoring first. Columbus is outshooting them 25-6 nearly halfway through the game AT HOME. The Sharks getting nothing out of this game would be disastrous, especially since it would be preferable if they won a 3-point game.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast

Didn’t Entwisle play with the Who before he joined the Hawks? :wg:

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits.
Nov 26, 2017
Elite tank goal by Logan Couture at the end of the 2nd period to cut the Sharks deficit to 4-3 despite the fact that they’ve haven’t shown up in this game. Whatever faint hope the Ducks have at catching Columbus will fade completely if they manage to lose this game

Reactions: Static

DuckDuckGetz

Nov 20, 2017
Elite tank goal by Logan Couture at the end of the 2nd period to cut the Sharks deficit to 4-3 despite the fact that they’ve haven’t shown up in this game. Whatever faint hope the Ducks have at catching Columbus will fade completely if they manage to lose this game
At this point it’s probably better to cut our losses and root for SJ, right?

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits.
Nov 26, 2017
Vancouver up 5-2 on Dallas and heading for their 5th win in a row. 9 clear of the Ducks and if they beat us at home on Sunday (barring a major Anaheim hot streak) you can probably write them off as uncatchable

Last edited:

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
Columbus win tonight and then beating us in regulation Friday is the dream, clearly want a 3 point game but maybe San Jose feels embarrassed and they play well next game. Edit: I truly hate and have hated the sharks my entire life with a passion.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
just-when-i-thought-i-was-out-they-pull-me-back-in.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad