2023 Tank Thread (Mod post Page 60)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
Since it seems the Ducks will likely finish bottom 5 this year, I figured we should have a thread for discussing the implications of where the f***s will finish in the standings. As well as what factors could affect where they finish.

Tonight was interesting as all bottom 5 teams earned 2 points sans the Ducks and the Hawks.

Hey Folks,

Want to clear some of the air here, Tank talk is not an issue, please talk tank to your heart’s content here, totally understand how critical it is for that Future Potential Top pick. The issue is posting in the GDT, like you want the team to lose or make posts that you are angry they are winning or won the game, or bashing the team for not tanking.

The main reason is, to respect your fellow members. The GDT is about discussion of the game on a live basis and then post game discussion and opinions. A lot of fans are not rooting for the team to lose, and everyone has their views and opinions towards tanking, and may not want to discuss tanking in the GDT

If you guys have any concerns, feel free to PM me or another mod, and would be happy to explain more in detail.

Thanks!

Leo

Last edited by a moderator:

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
So curiosity, if we end up at the 7/8 pick... is there evd pick er a world where we choose to move down the board(specially if a guy like Michkov is still there, and we have no interest in him)?

Just looking at the board as we stand

Ducks 1st for Oilers 1st + Preds 1st (+), maybe more depending on Oilers playoffs, and prob a little more from our side.

Gives us a shot at all those middle round forwards, and potentially jump on a dmen we might like.

Or maybe just drop down a little bit via a trade with (10-13 range)
Wings/Sabres/Coyotes and add another early 2nd round pick

I mean it's possible, but we have so much depth in our prospect pool, I just hope they stay wherever they're at and take the best player.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I mean it's possible, but we have so much depth in our prospect pool, I just hope they stay wherever they're at and take the best player.
I kinda agree, i just wonder if there is a clear cut "best player" in that 7-15ish range.. i kinda have all those players after Smith/benson in the same tier up until about 14ish, but obviously teams and scouts may like a guy in that range a lot more than others.

Specially if michkov is on board and we have no interest in drafting him, i feel like we could get an extra asset or 2 for that pick .

Reactions: Duck Off

Gliff

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Tennessee
Underrated post here. We are going to get a very good Top line player in this draft regardless if we draft 2nd or 6th. Bedard is the prize, and we are not winning the lottery, even if we were dead last. I still like the idea of landing Fantilli or Carlsson, and there is some hope there. We‘d have to finish 3rd last and hope not to fall or maybe win the 2nd OA.

We fell to Zegras, Drysdale, and McTavish. So I’m not too concerned to be honest.
I mean, if we didnt fall we would have gotten Beniers and Sanderson which possibly would have been much better.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I mean, if we didnt fall we would have gotten Beniers and Sanderson which possibly would have been much better.

My point is, we dropped but still got very good players.

Just to add, those players are very close, both the oppositions are on much better teams, so hard to compare now.

70sSanO

Apr 21, 2015
Mission Viejo, CA
Michkov might never come to the states, and while Fantilli/Carlsson are great players they aren't "franchise altering" guys like McDavid/Crosby/Bedard. Having one of them on our roster isn't going to stop us from giving up 5 goals a game.
McDavid has altered the league, but he hasn’t altered the franchise.

He may still get his cup, but like MacKinnon, it will probably take a lot more than McDavid to get there.

John

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
bedard/fantilli/carlsson/michkov/ won't make this team a playoff contender overnight, but getting one of those guys would speed up the process for sure. of course there will need to be major improvements in other areas as well, but that doesn't mean we should just forget about how much securing a top 4 pick would help this franchise get back on track

Reactions: Yemeth and Beckett

DuckDuckGetz

Nov 20, 2017
bedard/fantilli/carlsson/michkov/ won't make this team a playoff contender overnight, but getting one of those guys would speed up the process for sure. of course there will need to be major improvements in other areas as well, but that doesn't mean we should just forget about how much securing a top 4 pick would help this franchise get back on track
more importantly, it will make me feel not depressed as a fan for at least 12 hours

gilfaizon

Mar 28, 2012
PEI

We will be waiting at least 3 years for Michkov, so i'm not sure how much he really speeds things up for us

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal

Anaheim is a sieve defensively. Adding more offense from prospects who lack defense will help, but how much? With a -99 goal differential, we have a -1.48 goal different per game rate after 67 games at the NHL level.

The fastest way we speed up the process if adding far more talented defensemen. And since Verbeek got rid of two top-end D, it would be asset mismanagement to overspend to acquire two top-end D, including a #1 to our team. Since that option is mostly taken off the board, then we're waiting on our youth group to filter through.

This year, we had only one top-4 D in Fowler. Next year, we're hoping to have a total of three with Fowler, Drysdale, and LaCombe. IMO, the progression of Drysdale, LaCombe, and Hinds defense will determine how fast we can be established.

As for adding a top-4 pick vs a top-10 pick, right now we're lacking top-6 forward talent in our system. We passed up on RW Snuggerud and C Kulich, both top-6 scoring forward potential in last year's draft late in the first round. Any top-10 pick that's a forward will immediately be our best prospect forward once drafted. It's more of a sure thing the higher the pick, which Bedard is the most surest pick of them all.

Reactions: robbieboy3686

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits.
Nov 26, 2017
Breaking news! I’m told Gavin Newsom has passed a law in conjunction with the NHL and Gary Bettman that if the Sharks lose tonight in regulation and get clean swept by the Blue Jackets in the season series that any corresponding lottery odds will be added to in-state teams who are also competing in the Bedard Race.

• Haha
Reactions: lwvs84

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
That was a low key huge win by Montreal, who moves to 6 points ahead of us with 14 to play

Massive win for Montreal in Pittsburgh. They’ve moved the gap to 6 points and leapfrog Arizona (who play tonight) and Philadelphia (who lost again), both at 59 and 5 points clear of the Ducks
Philly has a really easy schedule down the stretch luckily

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
Assuming lack of motivation
Possibly. Or new players being folded in. But they don’t have the #1 seed locked up yet.

Hawks definitely trying different ways to blow this. But it hasn’t happened yet.

Taylor Raddysh hat trick against the Bruins. Who’d have guessed…

Reactions: Static

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Well, that was unexpected. Don’t like our chances of finishing below them still but who even knows at this point

Reactions: Static
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad