2023 Tank Thread (Mod post Page 60)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
Since it seems the Ducks will likely finish bottom 5 this year, I figured we should have a thread for discussing the implications of where the f***s will finish in the standings. As well as what factors could affect where they finish.

Tonight was interesting as all bottom 5 teams earned 2 points sans the Ducks and the Hawks.

Hey Folks,

Want to clear some of the air here, Tank talk is not an issue, please talk tank to your heart’s content here, totally understand how critical it is for that Future Potential Top pick. The issue is posting in the GDT, like you want the team to lose or make posts that you are angry they are winning or won the game, or bashing the team for not tanking.

The main reason is, to respect your fellow members. The GDT is about discussion of the game on a live basis and then post game discussion and opinions. A lot of fans are not rooting for the team to lose, and everyone has their views and opinions towards tanking, and may not want to discuss tanking in the GDT

If you guys have any concerns, feel free to PM me or another mod, and would be happy to explain more in detail.

Thanks!

Leo

Last edited by a moderator:

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Dallas apparently is another destination Kane would prefer so maybe yeah he put his best effort. Soon Hawks will be without Kane and no way they will win games :laugh:

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Kane really wants to go to NY. Lol.

I see what you are doing Patrick….

874765D7-BADA-49B2-8195-6913CF994E4C.gif

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
1677155561900.png

The bottom 3 starts to blend into the table a bit more evenly. I'm very affraid of the Sharks still. They are that high in the standings only because of Erik Karlsson and they can easilly come a bit more down. ARI seems to have at least something figured out... for now. Van is probably on their way down – they are 4 wins (8 points) ahead of us.

There are 24 more games to go...

PS
Our goal differential is hillariously bad, haha. Last year clearly the worst goal differential Arizona finished second to last and ofc dropped in the draft lottery to #4.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
View attachment 655105

The bottom 3 starts to blend into the table a bit more evenly. I'm very affraid of the Sharks still. They are that high in the standings only because of Erik Karlsson and they can easilly come a bit more down. ARI seems to have at least something figured out... for now. Van is probably on their way down – they are 4 wins (8 points) ahead of us.

There are 24 more games to go...

PS
Our goal differential is hillariously bad, haha. Last year clearly the worst goal differential Arizona finished second to last and ofc dropped in the draft lottery to #4.
Which they deserved. Deliberate tanking like AZ (and us, this year) deserves to be discouraged that way.

Reactions: DavidBL

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
San Jose are nothing to worry about, even without Karlsson they are miles better then we are currently - and just wait until we trade Klingberg, Kulikov and Henrique.

Said it a couple of weeks back, but I very much think us, Columbus and Chicago are locked in as the bottom 3. Very little talent and badly coached teams, at least the teams above have some decent talent in the lineup.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I’m still a bit worried about Az but only if they trade all 3 of Chychrun, Keller, and Schmaltz

But they have an 8 point lead on us with 24 to play. That’s quite the mountain for us to climb

Reactions: robbieboy3686
Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
We get about 1/3 of our possible standings points, so we can guess say max another 20-22 points, from wins and OT/SO Ls combined, best case scenario? So the Yotes just need 7 wins to keep ahead.

Edit - and that's with us trending close to .500. More likely the Yotes need as few as 3 wins to keep ahead. Sharks are similar - I think barring a very unlikely scenario we can count on a bottom 3 finish.

Reactions: Static

DuckDuckGetz

Nov 20, 2017
San Jose are nothing to worry about, even without Karlsson they are miles better then we are currently - and just wait until we trade Klingberg, Kulikov and Henrique.

Said it a couple of weeks back, but I very much think us, Columbus and Chicago are locked in as the bottom 3. Very little talent and badly coached teams, at least the teams above have some decent talent in the lineup.

On the flip side they will be losing Meier as well, which will have a big impact on their scoring.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
100%. Hence why I disagree with the "we deserve Bedard" sentiment.
I don't know, I think this franchise has earned a number one pick from the two decades of officiating bullshit alone.

Also, I think this is the only time in franchise history when we have been bad on purpose, and it still wasn't even expected to be this bad.

DuckDuckGetz

Nov 20, 2017
Also, it's not like we had the opportunity to be good and burned it down for a chance to land Bedard.

We had an opportunity to be bad burned it down to be really bad.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Which they deserved. Deliberate tanking like AZ (and us, this year) deserves to be discouraged that way.

I dunno if we were deliberately tanking from the start because at the quarter mark Verbeek believed the team would be close to or at .500. One thing out of Verbeek's control was the loss of PP coach Geoff Ward over the summer. Ward left the team for personal reasons. Who knew he was the mastermind behind the PP success of 2021-22?

Once the season panned out the way it did, Verbeek hasn't done anything to improve the situation. That part is deliberate, but Anaheim would need a significant amount of talent acquired to stop the hemorrhaging that probably couldn't be gathered up during the season.

Verbeek maybe tanking, but Eakins is trying his best to make his team overachieve. Only 7 regulation wins, own the worst goals allowed record, own the 2nd worst goals for record, and some fans are still scared the Ducks will go on a winning streak to get knocked out of the top-4.

DuckDuckGetz

Nov 20, 2017
It didn’t matter If we go scorched earth with this team. There’s still a chance we don’t get the first pick

Correct, but going scorched earth increases the chance of getting the first pick and significantly increases the chance of getting a top-5 pick.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
100%. Hence why I disagree with the "we deserve Bedard" sentiment.

We've moved down in slot for three consecutive lottery drafts: drafting 9th in 2019, drafting 6th in 2020, and drafting 3rd in 2021. Last year was the only year we've been in the lottery and not moved down a slot.

This year, I dunno if we deserve Bedard, but I want Bedard. Yet, I won't be upset if we don't get Bedard as long as we are in the top-4.

2023 Top-4
1. Bedard​
2 - 4. Carlsson, Fantilli, Michkov​

2022 Top-4
1. Slafkovsky​
2. Nemec​
3. Cooley​
4. Wright​

IMO, I think we're pretty spoiled with Terry, Zegras, McTavish, Drysdale, and Lundy already in the NHL. We're simply waiting on the maturation of the latter four. Tack on the rest of the 2021 draft class and last year's first rounders in D Minty and C Gaucher, we just added more icing upon that pillar cake. Adding any of the top-4 this year is just another superfluous, decadent layer of sweetness. Finishing in the top-4 of this draft is far more advantageous than picking top-4 in last year's draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad