2023 Tank Thread (Mod post Page 60)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
Since it seems the Ducks will likely finish bottom 5 this year, I figured we should have a thread for discussing the implications of where the f***s will finish in the standings. As well as what factors could affect where they finish.

Tonight was interesting as all bottom 5 teams earned 2 points sans the Ducks and the Hawks.

Hey Folks,

Want to clear some of the air here, Tank talk is not an issue, please talk tank to your heart’s content here, totally understand how critical it is for that Future Potential Top pick. The issue is posting in the GDT, like you want the team to lose or make posts that you are angry they are winning or won the game, or bashing the team for not tanking.

The main reason is, to respect your fellow members. The GDT is about discussion of the game on a live basis and then post game discussion and opinions. A lot of fans are not rooting for the team to lose, and everyone has their views and opinions towards tanking, and may not want to discuss tanking in the GDT

If you guys have any concerns, feel free to PM me or another mod, and would be happy to explain more in detail.

Thanks!

Leo

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
don't see any way chicago or the jackets get another point the rest of the way with how f***ing awful their lineups are. as bad as this ducks team is, the lineups they're icing every night are miles above the literal shit those teams are throwing out there

only thing that matters is this point is staying 3rd worst and not passing SJ

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
Looks like the nhl wants bedard in Chicago, they score a goal that was on a delayed penalty and the linesmen said Minnesota touched it and without review they randomly disallowed the goal, the wild player barely grazed the puck, then Minnesota scored two goals in two minutes late and hawks lose

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
So we'll pick 6th and then have to spend all summer listening to people saying we're just a Scott Mayfield away from being competitive. Ugh.

Reactions: HanSolo

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Looks like the nhl wants bedard in Chicago, they score a goal that was on a delayed penalty and the linesmen said Minnesota touched it and without review they randomly disallowed the goal, the wild player barely grazed the puck, then Minnesota scored two goals in two minutes late and hawks lose

So much this. Call me whatever but I’ve NEVER seen a goal get overturned in that fashion. Never.

Reactions: HunterDuck

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
It was 2-1 Chicago and looked to be cruising. Come back after doing something and they're down 4-2?! Seriously?! ugh!

Welp, I wasn't expecting this game for Chicago to win, but damn they came close. The game I expect Chicago to win is against Philly. I also hope the BJ's beat Philly tomorrow.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
the other bottom teams have given up, but the Ducks keep going for the "moral" victories. so dumb
And they're not even getting the wins either. They're busting their asses off to get to OT only to lose. So they don't feel good at the end of the game, and our tank languishes because we picked up two meaningless loser points.

Reactions: dracom

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
thats why the ducks should now be relying on others.. They were in the drivers seat.. They were last place.. The got 2 meaningless points.. For what?
compare the lineups the ducks iced the last two games and the hawks lineup tonight. unfortunately, the ducks just aren't bad enough to out-tank teams icing AHL rosters

IDuck

Sep 26, 2007
ducks have/will fail on all fronts this season....only wasted years and development.....cant wait to see which players tear it up on another team next year.

and i also think it wouldnt have mattered where the ducks finished, they were never going to get bedard

Reactions: MCB

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
That's the frustrating thing...look at who scored all the goals/points over the last 2 games...mostly guys 30 or older. That's just sad.
It’s not sad at all, it’s why you have those guys on the roster. To show the young kids how to push through the fatigue at the end of a long season in a seemingly hopeless situation.

It’s frustrating as hell when you want them to lose, and you wish there was more of it earlier in the season (said nobody in this particular thread), but that’s exactly why you want veteran leadership.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
It’s not sad at all, it’s why you have those guys on the roster. To show the young kids how to push through the fatigue at the end of a long season in a seemingly hopeless situation.

It’s frustrating as hell when you want them to lose, and you wish there was more of it earlier in the season (said nobody in this particular thread), but that’s exactly why you want veteran leadership.
well that makes me feel a whole lot better.

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
ducks have/will fail on all fronts this season....only wasted years and development.....cant wait to see which players tear it up on another team next year.

and i also think it wouldnt have mattered where the ducks finished, they were never going to get bedard
That was always likely going to be the case even if we were last. It was about getting one of the other blue chip guys if we didn’t get Bedard.

Reactions: Hockey Duckie

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
I would rather have the kids learn how to play, and veterans who can build upon this and come back better next year, than kids who learned only how to lose with stagnated development, and a bunch of quitter dead rate veterans who are untradeable because of term, wouldn’t you?
the production of our young talent has not been a concern at all this season. unless you believe the whole "losing culture" BS, im not concerned in any way about this season affecting the kids long term

what is concerning to me is this team drafting 5th or 6th after this historically bad season and missing out on a handful of potential franchise-altering prospects

Reactions: The Duck Knight

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
I would rather have the kids learn how to play, and veterans who can build upon this and come back better next year, than kids who learned only how to lose with stagnated development, and a bunch of quitter dead rate veterans who are untradeable because of term, wouldn’t you?
I'd rather have a top 3 pick.

Reactions: ohcomeonref

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
the production of our young talent has not been a concern at all this season. unless you believe the whole "losing culture" BS, im not concerned in any way about this season affecting the kids long term

what is concerning to me is this team drafting 5th or 6th after this historically bad season and missing out on a handful of potential franchise-altering prospects
I’m not arguing the draft position (although statistically that’s very unlikely at this point), I was commenting that the term for the veteran leadership playing like veteran leadership shouldn’t be “sad”. Frustrating, annoying, “seriously?”, yeah all of that. But not “sad”. “Sad” would be quitting the way people are asking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad