2023 Tank Thread (Mod post Page 60)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
Since it seems the Ducks will likely finish bottom 5 this year, I figured we should have a thread for discussing the implications of where the f***s will finish in the standings. As well as what factors could affect where they finish.

Tonight was interesting as all bottom 5 teams earned 2 points sans the Ducks and the Hawks.

Hey Folks,

Want to clear some of the air here, Tank talk is not an issue, please talk tank to your heart’s content here, totally understand how critical it is for that Future Potential Top pick. The issue is posting in the GDT, like you want the team to lose or make posts that you are angry they are winning or won the game, or bashing the team for not tanking.

The main reason is, to respect your fellow members. The GDT is about discussion of the game on a live basis and then post game discussion and opinions. A lot of fans are not rooting for the team to lose, and everyone has their views and opinions towards tanking, and may not want to discuss tanking in the GDT

If you guys have any concerns, feel free to PM me or another mod, and would be happy to explain more in detail.

Thanks!

Leo

Last edited by a moderator:

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Playing Henrique is a ridiculous organizational decision that may cost this team a franchise player. There's no reason to be playing him especially when he's a trade asset

Scratching a healthy player who is part of the Top 6, would really send the wrong message. I’m all for them losing out, but not like that.

That starts to cross into the Rachel Phelps territory, lol.

ScarTroy

Sponsor
May 24, 2012
Corona, CA
We were never going to lose in regulation to both Vancouver and Phoenix, so pretty much no matter what we were going to need Chicago and Columbus to pick up a point or two. Luckily for us coyotes scored a late one to tie and took the extra point. I’d bet OEE even showed enough they give him the Vancouver game (hopefully.)

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Yeah we still have 3 more games, and if Columbus and Chicago can get one more win, we still have a good chance.

BTW, What did you think of the movie? I liked Bowser, Really made the movie.

I thought the movie was subpar, mediocre at best. Bowser was definitely the best part of the movie.

We are 0-9-1 in our last 10 games. People who are pissed that the team isn’t tanking enough need to chill.

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
Based on his career trajectory, I would think getting nhl game time would mean the world to OeE
I can’t imagine any goaltender who has risen even to the ahl level doesn’t want o or think he can play given the chance.

There was a lot of talk about Dostal should not be b2b and his struggles

Why is this an issue?
I really don’t need to see Gibson get injured for our “honor”. That’s just absurd

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Chicago is hanging in with Seattle, down one goal in the second.

NM, Seattle scored haha.

goonsaredumb

Sep 30, 2022
Hawks don't actually look that bad tonight, it's a shame Mrazek is absolute dogshit or they might be winning this one

Reactions: Static

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
You know what really makes me angry ? The fact these losers couldn’t play like this when the games actually mattered. Like Jones, Henrique, comtois all of them, zero effort throughout these couple of seasons at one point or another. Now that they’re not playing for squat they want to go all out. The front office is full of glue eaters. Henrique should’ve been traded already. If not shut him down so he doesn’t get injured again and we can move him in the off-season or TDL

Jones was out all last season due to injury. Comtois has been missing since after the COVID season, 2020-21. Rico has been consistently in our top-4 of scoring for a while now.

2017-18 (we traded for him in-season): In 57 games, he scored 20 goals (2nd on team) and 16 assists.

2018-19: 4th in scoring with 42 points, 2nd in goal scoring with 18 goals.
2019-20: 1st in scoring with 43 points, 1st in goal scoring with 26 goals.
2020-21: 4th in scoring with 21 points, 2nd in goal scoring with 12 goals.
2021-22: 3rd in scoring with 42 points, 3rd in goal scoring with 19 goals... in only 57 games.
2022-23: 7th in scoring with 36 points, 3rd in goal scoring with 21 goals... in only 59 games. *Terry and Z have 22 goals.

Rico has been missing since a couple of games before the TDL. He was third in scoring before getting injured, iirc.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
I dunno why our goal scorers get the heavy blame? Many on here wanted OEE in goal for solely tanking purposes. OEE did enough to earn a point as well as helped the PK unit with a 75% kill effort (3/4). Shouldn't the blame be on OEE for playing better than expected?

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Well, I take a day off from here and it appears it has come down to us now eating our own. It sounds like OEE wasn't nearly as horrible as some expected him to be. Good for him.

If this team doesn't start showing some improvement next year, I don't have much hope for this place.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Well, I take a day off from here and it appears it has come down to us now eating our own. It sounds like OEE wasn't nearly as horrible as some expected him to be. Good for him.

If this team doesn't start showing some improvement next year, I don't have much hope for this place.
OEE simply gives them a better chance at losing because he's not as good as dostal or gibson. i wasn't expecting him to get completely blown up like some were, simply because there's a reason he's a professional goaltender. he's not some random joe off the street like quite a few posters have made it seem

Hamilton Bulldogs

Jan 11, 2022
But getting the NHL record for most shots on goal against is some badge of honor. And I know that one is intentional and the other is something that just shaked out from being historically bad. But no one is going to remember or care that we played a third string goalie in the final games of a lost season. Us having a historically bad record for shit defense will be in the record books forever. Even after a team tops it. This season will still be marked as among the top 5 worst from a defensive perspective.
People will remember. People still talk about the Penguins tanking, hell theres a documentary on it.

1. Already discussed

2. The fans deserve better? Are you being serious? This has been the worst season in franchise history. One game is a drop in the bucket of shit. People have continued paying for tickets to bear witness to this terminal season. Playing an AHL goalie instead of the backup doesn't really change much.

3. And?

The fans deserve to have their team try. There's people who come out from other countries to see the Ducks play and purposely trying to get a better pick is a spit in the face to them. Sitting out star players (which some posters suggested) is wrong. Not playing your best when they are available is also wrong.
I do agree that the pathetic state of the Ducks doesn't really make a ton of difference because even when they do try, its pretty much a spit in the face to the fans but Verbeek being too incompetent to ice a good team and Verbeek being willfully incompetent is a line that I didn't want to see the Ducks ever cross.

People can shit on Rico, Jones and Strome all they want, but I think them showing some fight today showed some pride, which is far more important than getting a percentile of better a chance at a star player.

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
People will remember. People still talk about the Penguins tanking, hell theres a documentary on it.

The fans deserve to have their team try. There's people who come out from other countries to see the Ducks play and purposely trying to get a better pick is a spit in the face to them. Sitting out star players (which some posters suggested) is wrong. Not playing your best when they are available is also wrong.
I do agree that the pathetic state of the Ducks doesn't really make a ton of difference because even when they do try, its pretty much a spit in the face to the fans but Verbeek being too incompetent to ice a good team and Verbeek being willfully incompetent is a line that I didn't want to see the Ducks ever cross.

People can shit on Rico, Jones and Strome all they want, but I think them showing some fight today showed some pride, which is far more important than getting a percentile of better a chance at a star player.

I agree. But.. that player is Bedard. It makes things harder

Rasp

Apr 9, 2019

Why are you in the tanking thread complaining about tanking?

91Fedorov

John (Gibson) 3:16
Dec 30, 2013
Tanking is rooting for everyone on the team to play like shit?

Great foundation to build a core on.
We really need to stop with crapping on other fans for wanting a good draft pick out of a lost season. The thread is clearly labeled. We've agreed that tank talk should stay out of the game day threads. We should be able to agree on the same here.

Don't come here to shit on other fans. It doesn't give you a moral high ground. It just makes you a negative to this online community.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad