2023 Tank Thread (Mod post Page 60)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
Since it seems the Ducks will likely finish bottom 5 this year, I figured we should have a thread for discussing the implications of where the f***s will finish in the standings. As well as what factors could affect where they finish.

Tonight was interesting as all bottom 5 teams earned 2 points sans the Ducks and the Hawks.

Hey Folks,

Want to clear some of the air here, Tank talk is not an issue, please talk tank to your heart’s content here, totally understand how critical it is for that Future Potential Top pick. The issue is posting in the GDT, like you want the team to lose or make posts that you are angry they are winning or won the game, or bashing the team for not tanking.

The main reason is, to respect your fellow members. The GDT is about discussion of the game on a live basis and then post game discussion and opinions. A lot of fans are not rooting for the team to lose, and everyone has their views and opinions towards tanking, and may not want to discuss tanking in the GDT

If you guys have any concerns, feel free to PM me or another mod, and would be happy to explain more in detail.

Thanks!

Leo

Last edited by a moderator:

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2012
You know what really makes me angry ? The fact these losers couldn’t play like this when the games actually mattered. Like Jones, Henrique, comtois all of them, zero effort throughout these couple of seasons at one point or another. Now that they’re not playing for squat they want to go all out. The front office is full of glue eaters. Henrique should’ve been traded already. If not shut him down so he doesn’t get injured again and we can move him in the off-season or TDL

It's more of an indication of just how bad the Coyotes are. That's why the Ducks looked good tonight. Hell if we could play them for 82 games we'd be a playoff team.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
i would love to know how Verbeek actually feels right now. I'm sure he wants to draft Bedard as much as us, if not more.
A mixture of annoyance that his tank move failed and satisfaction that the vets he wants to teach the team to play tough/fast/hard to play against actually showed up in a game he set them up to fail in is my gues.

Reactions: dracom

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
Lol can't even tank right.. cmon . They were down 3 1. Pissed off right now
They just made it 3-1 and then 2 minutes later hit the post( 5 of them they hit tonight ) and then few mins later ducks make it 3-2 I knew at that fing instant we wouldn’t lose in regulation

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
This one point they got today. Might ruin Thier chances. I hope I'm wrong
Crazy to think that it could given without context it’s seemingly an innocuous point. But it absolutely can and IMHO, will here. That’s how bad these other teams are.

I liken it to an approach shot in golf that’s just slightly off. You didn’t quite get it over a small ridge on the green, leaving you a difficult putt for birdie, which you miss. In the end, it costs you the tournament and tons of money. The margins here are nuts, but we’ve got a handful of brutal teams this year.

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
Crazy to think that it could given without context it’s seemingly an innocuous point. But it absolutely can and IMHO, will here. That’s how bad these other teams are.

I liken it to an approach shot in golf that’s just slightly off. You didn’t quite get it over a small ridge on the green, leaving you a difficult putt for birdie, which you miss. In the end, it costs you the tournament and tons of money.
Things seem to happen in 3s. I think the last 2 drafts, the very last place team has won the lottery right? This is the 3rd year and time for that trend to break. And what Better way than the 3rd to last place team in the ducks🙏🏼

(8) Trends come in 3s, the ducks will displace thee, as the 3rd to last team (8)

Reactions: Mr Rogers

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
Things seem to happen in 3s. I think the last 2 drafts, the very last place team has won the lottery right? This is the 3rd year and time for that trend to break. And what Better way than the 3rd to last place team in the ducks🙏🏼

(8) Trends come in 3s, the ducks will displace thee, as the 3rd to last team (8)
I like your positivity lol

Reactions: robbieboy3686

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Well thankfully I had the Mario movie with my nephew to distract me for a little while. Honestly I've been expecting a win against Arizona for the past week so it could've been worse. Still frustrating though.

Yeah we still have 3 more games, and if Columbus and Chicago can get one more win, we still have a good chance.

BTW, What did you think of the movie? I liked Bowser, Really made the movie.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Yeah we still have 3 more games, and if Columbus and Chicago can get one more win, we still have a good chance.

BTW, What did you think of the movie? I liked Bowser, Really made the movie.
I'm not banking on Columbus getting a win. Maybe and it's a big maybe, Chicago can get one in their last game against Philly. Maybe CBJ can get a loser point against the Flyers. It's out of Anaheim's hands atm

I liked it. It was fun. It's not some masterpiece but I think the critics were too harsh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad