GDT: 2023 Running Preseason Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2011
This is a bit like an opposite of the 'main' club - slow start, gets better. Domination in the 3rd? :D

Voronkov sets up Malatesta nicely, then Martin makes some nice saves...
Malatesta has been snake bitten as he’s had several excellent chances. Martin is getting the job done so far.

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Sponsor
Jul 13, 2022
Finland
Ok TFW has been pretty invisible or mediocre the whole game but he just made the pass of the game to Mateychuk who just can't bury it.

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Sponsor
Jul 13, 2022
Finland
Martin seems to have pretty good positioning - multiple saves where the puck just hits him and he reacts after the fact (that one pad save in the first, now this dangerous chance that looked like a nice save but in replay looked more like it just hit him in the right hand or something). I guess we'll take that and hope it's not the quality of the shots but his positioning.

McIlrath vs Olivier now... so unnecessary but I guess folks like it.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2011
Ok TFW has been pretty invisible or mediocre the whole game but he just made the pass of the game to Mateychuk who just can't bury it.
TFW is a very good AHL player, but I don’t see him ever being an NHL regular

Martin seems to have pretty good positioning - multiple saves where the puck just hits him and he reacts after the fact (that one pad save in the first, now this dangerous chance that looked like a nice save but in replay looked more like it just hit him in the right hand or something). I guess we'll take that and hope it's not the quality of the shots but his positioning.

McIlrath vs Olivier now... so unnecessary but I guess folks like it.
Jody Shelley seemed to love it. :laugh:

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Sponsor
Jul 13, 2022
Finland
1-3 WSH, Martin makes a fine initial save but Boqvist is unable to clear it and they put it home on the rebound...

Edit: And 1-4 WSH empty net.

CBJx614

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 25, 2012
C-137
Martin didn't look bad, the team in front of him however.... you could tell they were the least experienced squad on the ice.

Reactions: punk_o_holic

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
Martin might've got that 3rd rebound if Boqvist didn't crash the crease.
Oh well, CBJ will bring their likely regular season roster next game. We'll see a better effort.

A bit disappointing that this line up tonight, with most of these guys fighting for a job, weren't much hungrier.

And I think Martin should get the next game too. Or at least split it with Elvis.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Washington looks much bigger and more physical. A team you'd like to see Voronkov noticeable against but again he cant catch up to the play

A False Dmitri has come over! The real Dmitri is not this fat and doesn't get gassed ten seconds into each shift.

*this is a historical reference and not serious.

I will say seriously that Dmitri seems to have overbulked and needs some AHL time to get into shape. The language barrier is more of a problem than I expected too, it seems he doesn't know how to start a fight yet!

Reactions: EspenK

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
A False Dmitri has come over! The real Dmitri is not this fat and doesn't get gassed ten seconds into each shift.

*this is a historical reference and not serious.

I will say seriously that Dmitri seems to have overbulked and needs some AHL time to get into shape. The language barrier is more of a problem than I expected too, it seems he doesn't know how to start a fight yet!
In Russia though he didnt ask, he took. As much as hes behind the play hes tentative between the whistles. I expected him to take time to make the show but aggression was not an area I expected to wait on

Edit: Honestly it would be much scarier to me to have a giant Russian yelling at me in his native language than speaking english :laugh:

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2011
The one play notwithstanding, Blanks and Boqvist played well as should be expected. Mateychuk looked better than both.

On the forward front, Roslovic and Malatesta - and TFW to an extent - stood above the others.

While I didn’t see the 4th goal (techincal difficulties) Martin had good debut as to three goals I saw him surrender, he was the least to blame.

Reactions: Napoli

CBJWerenski8

Rest in Peace Johnny
Jun 13, 2009
I echo those who say Voronkov needs a stint in Cleveland. It also might help to send down Chinakhov (if possible) to help him translate if that happens.

Only problem is I think jarmo wants him here, so, I think he’ll be here

Reactions: ColumbusTrill
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad