GDT: 2023 Running Preseason Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Sponsor
Jul 13, 2022
Finland
0-2 WSH Protas after another rebound.

Based on this early look, Spencer Martin likes to play quite a bit out of the crease or on the edge of the blue paint. Reminds me of someone... I guess we have a goalie type? :D In all seriousness, neither of the goals were Martin's fault as such to my eyes, but doesn't seem like he's the goaltending saviour we need. (And yes this is a surprise hot take overreaction after like 10 minutes of play.)

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2011
I’ll not comment on Martin because the five in front of him display zero ability to clear the puck or win board battles when the Caps are in the offensive zone

Reactions: Seedtype

CBJWerenski8

Rest in Peace Johnny
Jun 13, 2009
I’ll not comment on Martin because the five in front of him display zero ability to clear the puck or win board battles when the Caps are in the offensive zone
Martin looks solid to me. He’s burping up some rebounds though

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Sponsor
Jul 13, 2022
Finland
1-2 CBJ Gaunce puts the puck in the net. No clue how it went in but yeah, we'll take it...

Edit: LOL. Washington players put it in their own net with like three whacks that rebound back from the goalie's pads.

CBJWerenski8

Rest in Peace Johnny
Jun 13, 2009
Foudy is on the second PP unit on this lineup. I think that says enough about his standing here

Seedtype

Sponsor
Aug 16, 2009
Ohio?!?!
These guys definitely need some more time in the oven, but at least they're moving it somewhat. Much better effort.

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Sponsor
Jul 13, 2022
Finland
This is a bit like an opposite of the 'main' club - slow start, gets better. Domination in the 3rd? :D

Voronkov sets up Malatesta nicely, then Martin makes some nice saves...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad