GDT: 2023 Running Preseason Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
If Sillinger and Jiricek dont start the season with the Monsters then I will have a big rant about management and @Viqsi will tell me that I am just ranting because I hate Jarmo and then I’ll argue back that I can separate my desire to fire Jarmo and JD for past mistakes and my desire to fire Jarmo and JD for new mistakes.
You're only posting this because you hate Jarmo.

;)

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2011
I’m not going to assume Sillinger’s presence on the Fantilli line means that’s his spot. Rather I think Vincent is giving him a final look to see how he will perform with two quality players. Why they are doing that I don’t know. I still think he will be tabbed for Cleveland or the 4th line (which would be a horrible move).

As to Roslovic, maybe they expose him to waivers but he won’t be claimed, thus I expect him to start as the 13th forward.

NotTooWideArena

May 20, 2021
If Sillinger and Jiricek dont start the season with the Monsters then I will have a big rant about management and @Viqsi will tell me that I am just ranting because I hate Jarmo and then I’ll argue back that I can separate my desire to fire Jarmo and JD for past mistakes and my desire to fire Jarmo and JD for new mistakes.
Thanks! It's very convenient to have an episode summary to free up a little more of my time! ;) Particularly when I'm coming around to that point of view myself!

Reactions: koteka

Byrral

Aug 2, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
So much over dramatics on this board. The railing against whomever player(s) certain posters don't want on the team that WE are suppose to support is ridiculous. I want the CBJ to keep the best team and the players they think give them the best chance to win hockey games. If that means Sillinger, Jiricek, Elvis or any other player makes the team or gets sent out then so be it. Stop blaming the players. JD and Jarmo are in charge.

Looking forward to the opener so the stench of preseason predictions blows out of here.

Byrral

Aug 2, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
I think that’s the opening night lineup. They’ll carry 8 D (Boqvist and Peeke), and the extra forward will either be olivier or Roslovic
Pazzy said the last few games will reflect the opening night lineup but I'm not convinced yet. I'll have to wait for final moves. If they keep Sillinger and Jiricek they will have to move a couple players (most likely Roslovic and Boqvist/Peeke). Bemstrom has earned a spot with his play this preseason so he ain't going anywhere. I still believe that Sillinger and Jiricek will start in Cleveland strictly because they have waiver eligibility but I wouldn't be disappointed to see them make it either. I don't know what they will do with Voronkov who's not ready and should play in Cleveland for a while.

Napoli

Oct 4, 2023
I don't think Sillinger should be on the opening night roster. Is Jack really worse than he is as a winger? Cole needs to be in the A working on his skating.

Jiricek as Z's partner is interesting, maybe they already deem him ready.

Has Bean really "beaten out" Blankenburg? Nick is the best dman after Z, Provorov, Severson and arguably Jiricek imo.

Looks like they really are going to let Z run the PP no matter what. Wonder how ineffective it would have to get before they change him out.

I hope Yegor comes back quickly, he's the perfect fit on that third line.

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021
Vincent and Recchi have promised they will change PP personnel if the goals don't come and I'll take their word for it but the frustrating part is I have no idea when it's going to happen.... after today's game? By the end of month? game #40?

Reactions: Napoli

Napoli

Oct 4, 2023
Vincent and Recchi have promised they will change PP personnel if the goals don't come and I'll take their word for it but the frustrating part is I have no idea when it's going to happen.... after today's game? By the end of month? game #40?
Once the season is no longer salvageable 🤣

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad