GDT: 2023 Running Preseason Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Sponsor
Jul 13, 2022
Finland
We handled the collapse okay. Elvis played ok the rest of the way (might've gotten a bit lucky a few times but also some decent saves). Hopefully he can build on this. That and Fantilli getting a goal away from the top guys are my key takeaways today.

Reactions: Seedtype

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the Gaudreau -- Laine -- Marchenko line play better, with Patrik connecting well? And it seems to me that he has good chemistry with Kirill. But I could be wrong, I didn't watch part of the game because I slept.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the Gaudreau -- Laine -- Marchenko line play better, with Patrik connecting well? And it seems to me that he has good chemistry with Kirill. But I could be wrong, I didn't watch part of the game because I slept.
Yes it was very good. Marchenko has come in looking better than I expected

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018

The line played well, so did the whole team. You also saw Patty with his fair share of botched passes. It just looked to me like the whole team was well connected on the ice and supporting each other.

Reactions: VT

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Peeke was pretty good tonight. I didnt hear his name a lot which is good for him. Especially when paired with Werenski who is still trying to find his way a bit and being pretty aggressive.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
The line played well, so did the whole team. You also saw Patty with his fair share of botched passes. It just looked to me like the whole team was well connected on the ice and supporting each other.
He was not alone. :sarcasm: But, at least to me, it seemed that all the players didn't have the ideal stick work yet. Which is important for technical players.

P.S. I think Provorov is our best d-man. He has better hockey vision and skill than Werenski.

What do you think can Laine, play center? And Fantilli is better for the third or the second line (in the start of the season)?

squashmaple

gudbranson apologist
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2022
Columbus
Went to the game tonight with my buddy who’s a Wings fanatic and his best friend, who’s a Devils fan. I drank too many cans of Bodhi to have much of an opinion of the hockey I watched, although I’m done with Jake Bean and am pro-Provorov now. Watching with two neutral fans was very interesting, because they’re coming in with no expectations or background knowledge. They’re both excited at what the Jackets skaters could do this season, and rightfully skeptical of the goaltending.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
P.S. I think Provorov is our best d-man. He has better hockey vision and skill than Werenski.

Two games ago there were people here worried that we would have to get rid of Provorov because he was playing so badly. Let's not rush to big ideas after a couple games, one way or the other.

What do you think can Laine, play center? And Fantilli is better for the third or the second line (in the start of the season)?

Laine looks as good at center as you could possibly hope. Though he hasn't faced the tightest checking yet.

I have no idea what counts as the second or third line in reality. I didn't like the first four periods of KJ with Fantilli, but they started to put together some nice shifts in this game.

Went to the game tonight with my buddy who’s a Wings fanatic and his best friend, who’s a Devils fan. I drank too many cans of Bodhi to have much of an opinion of the hockey I watched, although I’m done with Jake Bean and am pro-Provorov now. Watching with two neutral fans was very interesting, because they’re coming in with no expectations or background knowledge. They’re both excited at what the Jackets skaters could do this season, and rightfully skeptical of the goaltending.

I think when you sober up you might consider that Jake Bean was okay for this being his first game in 2023.

Reactions: I3LI3

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Two games ago there were people here worried that we would have to get rid of Provorov because he was playing so badly. Let's not rush to big ideas after a couple games, one way or the other.

Laine looks as good at center as you could possibly hope. Though he hasn't faced the tightest checking yet.

I have no idea what counts as the second or third line in reality. I didn't like the first four periods of KJ with Fantilli, but they started to put together some nice shifts in this game.
I have always known Ivan is very good. Btw, I mean skills, I know Zack isn't in ideal shape yet. Nobody is and he was still injured much time.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
So here's the story. There were two young gals in our section that were either totally blitzed or stoned. After the game was tied, they started yelling some intelligible stuff. At one point the started yelling THE SAUCE IS IN THE TOASTER! THE TOASTER IS HAWT!... THE SAUCE IS IN THE TOASTER! and Fantelli scores.

Obviously this was like a mating call to the Buffalo fans. Two of them came over and gave them their number.

Now about 20 of us in the section are in on it and we scored the empty net goal.

True story! All of it.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Defense will be much better this season, I’m optimistic it will be a fun season .. Here’s my hot take .. Werenski is the 3rd best defenseman on this team , and it shouldn’t be penciled in that he’s on that top pair . Tracking these charts , he’s been near the bottom most games so far …
4585D43F-7BBB-4F33-9248-E01178C3EDEF.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad