GDT: 2023 Running Preseason Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Sponsor
Jul 13, 2022
Finland
Quite fantastic pressure from the Fantilli-Johnson duo, didn't have a stopwatch but that was a good amount of time and some nice opportunities. Would be good if they both get going (and I think Silly was there too).

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
Am I seeing Elvis not tracking the shooter squarely? It seems he's not square a lot of the time.

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Sponsor
Jul 13, 2022
Finland
Am I seeing Elvis not tracking the shooter squarely? It seems he's not square a lot of the time.
Yeah it kinda seems like it's off. Not sure if it's always been off (I'm sure bus will tell us that it has), maybe he's trying to work on something... (I hope.)

Elvis reacted by visible being frustrated with the save attempt, a big "shrug" with hands and body position going up and then down in frustration, like "dang it".

Personally I'm not too bothered by this kind of reaction. Soft goal, react. What matters more are the next minutes and how he puts himself back together.

Edit: At least he saved the next dangerous shot (or two I guess). Fingers crossed he keeps it together.

Reactions: Jaxs

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Yeah it kinda seems like it's off. Not sure if it's always been off (I'm sure bus will tell us that it has), maybe he's trying to work on something... (I hope.)

Elvis reacted by visible being frustrated with the save attempt, a big "shrug" with hands and body position going up and then down in frustration, like "dang it".

Personally I'm not too bothered by this kind of reaction. Soft goal, react. What matters more are the next minutes and how he puts himself back together.
It is possible for someone to have that brief moment and then be perfectly fine afterwards. However, it's another red flag of many that we've seen out of Elvis. :(

CBJWerenski8

Rest in Peace Johnny
Jun 13, 2009
We were dominating them for most of this game, but ever since the 3-2 goal it’s been all Buffalo

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Sponsor
Jul 13, 2022
Finland
It is possible for someone to have that brief moment and then be perfectly fine afterwards. However, it's another red flag of many that we've seen out of Elvis. :(
True... but I don't know if we need Elvis to be completely opposite of what his core seems to be. I think it's fine if he's "emotional" as long as he can control it and not let it affect for more than a few seconds. Trying to force him too much to be something else might not be any better...

But again we are witnessing the great CBJ collapse after the opposing team scores their second goal. It's a little funny already. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad