HF Habs: 2023 Roster, Schedule & Standings Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
With Armia out for a week or two, the Habs have that long to trade/waive a forward unless they send Slaf down or another forwards gets injured.

Yes, will be interesting to see how Slaf is doing as we approach game 9. He still could be sent to the OHL before then.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
As such anti-tank talk should not be allowed in this thread. We don’t need people constantly bringing up the loser mentality or lottery odds.

Management built a roster fit for bottom of the league (on purpose this time)and we are just embracing that while dreaming of Bedard
I'm against tanking (not BUILDING), but I do agree that there should be one thread where tanking is assumed right (can be this one) and one where it is debated, and everywhere else it is better not mentioned.

Hacketts

Jul 12, 2018
I'm against tanking (not BUILDING), but I do agree that there should be one thread where tanking is assumed right (can be this one) and one where it is debated, and everywhere else it is better not mentioned.
I had a tanking thread and the mods deleted it: "Not Yet"

Guess we need our annual 8 game losing streak first.

• Haha
Reactions: Beer and Chips

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
I want to see a video of the moment they told Xhekaj he had made the team.
I don't know for sure if the team is made. We are currently $522,499 over the cap. Of course we could assign a waiver-exempt player to Laval, put Byron on LTIR and then bring the player back.

However, this is NOT the most cap-efficient opening day roster that could be made without waiving anyone. The most efficient roster has us bringing up Mesar and Barron and sending down the three lowest waiver-exempt salaries (Guhle, Harris, Xhekaj), in which case we are within $132k of the cap before putting Byron on LTIR and adjusting the rookie roster to what we want right after.

Last edited:

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
The d pairings at practice were scarier than I thought lol

Guhle off side on the right.

Mailloux won't be playing and Guhle will go back on the left.

Feel bad to see RHP and Ylonen who worked their butts off are sent down and Drouin that is not in shape to start the season in Montreal stays up.
Fair, but if Drouin will be eating hot dogs, that is preferable to a youngster not playing.

Hacketts

Jul 12, 2018
This is the Tank thread. We don't want it to be just a bunch of memes, but actual discussion about the future of the club.

Everyone knows Montreal will suck this year.
if you're losing all year, you should be able to laugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad