HF Habs: 2023 Roster, Schedule & Standings Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
I don't expect Guhle to play as a #1 all year at 20 years old.
I dont' expect Harris to play as a #3 all year in his first NHL season.
I don't expect both Suzuki and Caufield will score above PPG this season.
I don't expect Allen and Montembeault to factor into the upper echelon of goaltending with their save percentages and GSAA.

I also don't expect the rest of the NHL to look exactly as it does right now. We are as much of a potential play-off team as Tampa Bay is as much as a potential lottery team.
I don't expect that either but you never know!!!! Let's f***ing go!!!! Wooooooo

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
I don't expect Guhle to play as a #1 all year at 20 years old.
I dont' expect Harris to play as a #3 all year in his first NHL season.
don't expect both Suzuki and Caufield will score above PPG this season.
I don't expect Allen and Montembeault to factor into the upper echelon of goaltending with their save percentages and GSAA.

I also don't expect the rest of the NHL to look exactly as it does right now. We are as much of a potential play-off team as Tampa Bay is as much as a potential lottery team.
Agree with the rest except the bolded….I do expect Suzuki to be a PPG player and I’m expecting Caufield to score 30+ and be a 60pt player.

There’s also an outside chance that Guhle maintains that pace for at least 50 games….i do see a drop in play at some point in January.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
It’s not the number of games but the fact that our weakest link was supposed to be our young D who are proving to be one of our stronger points and that’s with our top 2 veteran D injured. We can only get better when they come back. And we definetly won’t be finishing last again. If we get Bedard, it’ll be out of sheer luck

I think the fact our young D is doing so well is a great thing! We may have a core group there already with Guhle, Harris & Xhekaj, with Matheson signed longed term bringing a different element.

Still room for Hutson & Mailloux to grow too.

A lot of it is our goaltending has been strong too.

No way Allen is finishing with at .938 save percentage. Last year, he was. 905, so I expect a slump there.

Dallas will be a really tough test, as they are big, fast & strong up front. They're an excellent forechecking team, so that young D will be heavily challenged.

JoelWarlord

May 7, 2012
Halifax
I don't expect both Suzuki and Caufield will score above PPG this season.
Honestly I think this is the only one I might see as plausible. Maybe not significantly above PPG but I could see both guys being at or very close to it, the scoring environment seems to be changed since last year and I think there's a legitimate chance these guys could really blossom this season. Especially once we get Matheson back, a PP1 built around Suzuki, Caufield, Dach, Matheson and an additional forward could be pretty respectable.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
It will be tough to decide who sits amongst the D when the 2 vets return.
Harris is more stable than Xhekaj at this point but can you afford not to have Xhekaj not in the line up? His presence makes a difference.

While all this makes sense, you have to prioritize development over what is best for the current lineup. If Xhekaj's development isn't hurt by staying up, I have no problem with it.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
1666366983543.png

Reactions: Redux91 and jaffy27

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
We're in a bit of a pickle with our D.

Harris, Xhekaj, and Guhle all bring something different. I think all three could play the whole year up with the big club.

But we also have Eddy and Matheson coming back, and Barron is probably expecting a call up at some point.

rik schau

Peeping has perks. lol
Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi
We're in a bit of a pickle with our D.

Harris, Xhekaj, and Guhle all bring something different. I think all three could play the whole year up with the big club.

But we also have Eddy and Matheson coming back, and Barron is probably expecting a call up at some point.
No pickle! they are all desriable commodaties that can be utilized for a greater good in some deal to further improve the team.

rickthegoon

Feb 25, 2012
I can't believe I'm saying this but I can't wait for Armia to comeback and take Hoffman spot on the 4th line.
As long as it's Hofman or Dadonov that sits out I'm ok. I guess that would mean Schuneman gets sent down at that point?
And when Eddy comes back, what happens then ?
HuGo must be working the phones to dump a contract.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Pierre McGuire saying that he was in attendance to watch Sean Farrell yesterday, said he was impressed.

He texted as much to Kent Hughes, who was also in attendance. McGuire praised Hughes for his hands-on approach toward his job and inferred that it was the trait of successful GMs.

Now, makes you wonder what else Hughes might have been looking at. Is some opposing team GM demanding Farrell to build a trade? Who knows.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
This tank thing isn't going as expected at all. Chicago tore what they had down last summer trading Dach & Debrincat with the GM openingly stating that they need a bottom 3 finish otherwise it's all for nothing.

Well, Chicago is tied with Edmonton for the Final playoff spot in West after beating Detroit tonight. :laugh: They came back from 3-1 down to win in OT.

They've been nowhere near as bad as SJS, Vancouver, Minnesota, Anaheim or Arizona.

I'm sure the GM will try and rectify that soon.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Arizona and sharks will for sure finish below us, so gotta aim for 3, but it won't be easy. We'll be competiting with the hawks, flyers and kraken for that spot.

Hopefully Tortz makes the flyers competitive enough to finish above of us in the standings.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad