HF Habs: 2023 Roster, Schedule & Standings Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
So-
Pocket Rocket
Road Runner
Gionta
CC
Yessir! Is it any wonder Hab fans in general have an aversion to smallish players? I don’t think it’s a factor as much as it used to be, considering how hockey has been played since the removal of the red line.

However, it’s still true that you can’t succeed without a proper asset mix.

Reactions: Tyson

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Same pundit as above had a fascinating anecdote about the Battle of the Bulge involving Leafs’ owner Conn Smythe and goalie Turk Broda. I’ll continue it in the out of town thread if there is an interest.

Reactions: Tyson and the

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Kane already playing like he wants out. Part of me wants him to get traded to the Flames.

Huberdeau-Lindholm-Kane
Magniapagne-Kadri-Toffoli

Weager-Tanev
Hanifin-Andersson

Is a contending lineup

• Wow
Reactions: Andrei79

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
When Googling NHL smallest player I’ve got someone named Roy Worters. He was a goalie who played 1 game for us in 1929 and the following year won the Vezina for New York.

Reactions: Tyson and Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
When Googling NHL smallest player I’ve got someone named Roy Worters. He was a goalie who played 1 game for us in 1929 and the following year won the Vezina for New York.
He is the NHL’s smallest player ever.

Reactions: the

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I don’t know if this is the tank thread or not but, how do we explain this:

Is it really because of the absence of a PP QB or did someone without proper qualifications get fast-tracked into an assistant coaching job? I understand that Burrows wasn’t better last season either.

Last edited:

Kennerback

Jun 2, 2021

Is it really because of the absence of a PP QB or did someone without proper qualifications get fast-tracked into an assistant head coaching job? I understand that Burrows wasn’t better last season either.

Before 2010, that PP QB and that big shot were crucial, but with the widespread adoption of the 1-3-1 there needs to be skill up and down the PP lineup.

There’s too many guys that are not PP players on it. And then there’s the PP coach that has never had any results.

Maybe that PP QB is what’s missing but the PP can also flow through the half wall. When Kucherov, has 4 options thar don’t even concern Hedman that’s powerful. He can shoot, hit the bumper or the net front that one-time or tip. Or hit Stamkos on the other side. And he’s so good at masking it’s hard to know where the puck will come from.

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Before 2010, that PP QB and that big shot were crucial, but with the widespread adoption of the 1-3-1 there needs to be skill up and down the PP lineup.

There’s too many guys that are not PP players on it. And then there’s the PP coach that has never had any results.

Maybe that PP QB is what’s missing but the PP can also flow through the half wall. When Kucherov, has 4 options thar don’t even concern Hedman that’s powerful. He can shoot, hit the bumper or the net front that one-time or tip. Or hit Stamkos on the other side. And he’s so good at masking it’s hard to know where the puck will come from.
How was Burrows with the Rocket?

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Chicago picks up a W against Seattle and improve to 3-2.

Philly and San Jose square off in a tank battle tonight.

Anaheim is in Detroit. We need the Ducks to get their act together, they're a definite bottom 5 contender.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York

Is it really because of the absence of a PP QB or did someone without proper qualifications get fast-tracked into an assistant coaching job? I understand that Burrows wasn’t better last season either.

Can we stop blaming the "assistant coach"? We don't have much talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad