Red Sox/MLB 2023 Regular Season VII - White Sox clean out the front office

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
If it makes you all feel any better we already knew McGuire is a total moron on the bases too from that play last month

Just totally unacceptable. This team doesn’t play smart baseball.

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
That you qualified it by stating you typed it by hand makes me doubt that

Well it feels like you're coming from a position of bias in favor of Moreno, so does it really matter if I tell you that I typed it or wrote it out and sent it via carrier pigeon? This is truly how I feel based on what I have read about him since the Tyler Skaggs incident. Moreno's actions as an owner, especially when it came to the welfare and safety of his players, is scummy to the point of being comically evil. Yes, I read articles that helped give greater nuance to my argument, but this is truly how I feel. I don't like the man. I think his treatment of players and is Dan Snyder-esque and he should lose the Angels as a result.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007

I don't know about every previous interview but this exchange seems pretty genuine to me. Again, just extremely frustrating to see this happen with a homegrown star player who is still an elite player.

Reactions: EvilDead

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL

I don't know about every previous interview but this exchange seems pretty genuine to me. Again, just extremely frustrating to see this happen with a homegrown star player who is still an elite player.

The obsession that people still have with this whole saga THREE YEARS LATER, is fascinating. It’s like some bad high school break up, where the people involved are still obsessed with who the other person is dating, long after they’ve both gone off to college….

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
The obsession that people still have with this whole saga THREE YEARS LATER, is fascinating. It’s like some bad high school break up, where the people involved are still obsessed with who the other person is dating, long after they’ve both gone off to college….
Yes, fans of a team talking about one of the best players in the game returning to Fenway. It's stunning!

You know what would help people forget? If the Red Sox were actually good like the Dodgers. Like the Dodgers East we were sold.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida

cmon, like any of this compared to the hype of Johnny Damon returning to boston

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan

Never would I have thought in a million years that someone would get shot at an American sporting event post 9/11. In South America where there are some violent derbies between ultras of teams in Brazil's Serie A or in Colombia, Argentina, or Venezuela? Yeah, I wouldn't be shocked at all. Hell, there was a shooting recently in India during a massive sporting event. In America? Hell no. The security guards who didn't do their jobs that day need to lose their jobs for allowing that shit to happen.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I think it's actually more newsworthy if you don't get shot in Chicago than if you do.
I lived in Chicago twice and I quickly learned the boundaries but in the past 10 years, it has changed dramatically.

The area around Sox Park is a DMZ-like area. One can walk west and north of the park with no worries, east to the subway and rail stations is also fine but don't even think about walking south.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Never would I have thought in a million years that someone would get shot at an American sporting event post 9/11. In South America where there are some violent derbies between ultras of teams in Brazil's Serie A or in Colombia, Argentina, or Venezuela? Yeah, I wouldn't be shocked at all. Hell, there was a shooting recently in India during a massive sporting event. In America? Hell no. The security guards who didn't do their jobs that day need to lose their jobs for allowing that shit to happen.
More troubling is most White Sox security are off-duty Chicago police officers.

• Wow

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Flipped to Pats up 3-0 and fell asleep at 3-3

Horrible loss to see

You can’t blow a 3-0 with a Jeremy Jacobs idea for a large meatball concession in Lance Lynn pitching.

David Peralta and Kike batting 5 and 6?

Pivetta arm appears in tired/dead zone

I thought at 8 o’clock last night tomorrows the day they get 10 over and I can take them seriously

Just brutal

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Not understanding Yoshida hitting cleanup.

Had his typical (2nd half) night, 1 for 5 with no production. Should put Casas in that spot. Either he bats with someone on in the first or leads off in the 2nd inning. He leads the team in BB so drawing a walk first time up would automatically put Sox in a good situation.

Perhpas the thinking is Casas clogs the baselines so hit him farther down. Last night's Wong blunder had much to do with Casas not being able to score from 2nd on a two out base hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad