Red Sox/MLB 2023 Regular Season VII - White Sox clean out the front office

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
I got friends there I’ll see tomorrow at Bruins event to ask if boos

I would have cheered - I watched Heidi interview him - he is very happy in LA

I don’t think he and wife were comfortable here

Did I just listen to Sean McDonough read a promo from a plumbing service whose tag line was "they give a poop about your pipes"???
Yes - I’ve heard it a lot

Kinda dumb but probably sells

Fenway you there

Felger said today multiple times he thinks Mookie wanted to leave

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
The ATV streams are top notch in terms of quality. Commentators also seem fine to me (can't get the Boston local announcers). If only DAZN could even be half that good.
Just scroll to settings and select Home Radio

IMG_0804.jpeg

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Verdugo beautiful swing

Hope he gets it together and stays

I like him

No reason he can’t hit 20 homers with that swing

Reactions: Mione134

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Just scroll to settings and select Home Radio

View attachment 738809
I'm gonna give Apple this. I don't know if other streaming apps have incorporated this for sports but this is the best thing I have seen in the sports media world in some time. If I could sync up a Pats game on TV with Zo losing his mind on the call I would love it.

Lance Lynn serving up BP tonight so far

Reactions: GatorMike

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
I had no idea Mookie plays 2B sometimes...why would you not him playing RF at Fenway?

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
OK, he's a lousy owner........what makes him 'scum'?

Moreno's problems are many. He stopped caring about the city he was in after purchasing the team in 2002 and doing the whole "Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim" shtick, he consistently meddles in the affairs of his team's front office and has been doing so since 2006, and he never wants to spend over luxury tax which hamstrings his front office even further. That's not all though, as Moreno has no qualms with cheating either when he hired Bubba Harkins to give spider tack to players so they could doctor game balls only to fire him when the heat was turned on and made Brad Ausmus the scapegoat as well despite being out of the loop on the matter.

What makes Moreno scum is the fact that he ignores the off field well being of his players and staff, an attitude that makes him very much liable for the overdose death of Tyler Skaggs. Especially when it was a member of the training staff that got Skaggs hooked on fentanyl, but Skaggs couldn't go public with his demons. As far as I'm concerned, the blood is on Moreno's hands, especially given the fact that he damn near blackballed Josh Hamilton when the former slugger admitted to relapsing into alcoholism. Moreno's lack of care for his players is downright despicable. The Angels' minor league system under Moreno also has the worst reputation in the league, with many players not being able to pay rent or eat properly. They ALSO unceremoniously fired scouting director Eddie Bane (as well as his loyalists in the scouting department) over a power struggle, despite Bane being the reason for them getting Mike Trout in the first place. Since then, he's continuously furloughed staff while Arte is still taking a paycheck.

The man's a garbage person who allows his organization to be beset with systemic problems at every level to the point it got someone killed. And yet he won't be punished for it. Moreno's managing style is being given the two thumbs up by MLB because he turned an in debt franchise into being worth $3 billion and making money hand over fist on Ohtani and Trout merch. Meanwhile he gets a sweetheart deal to redevelop the land around Angels Stadium and make even more bank.

Last edited:

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
Moreno's problems are many. He stopped caring about the city he was in after purchasing the team in 2002 and doing the whole "Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim" shtick, he consistently meddles in the affairs of his team's front office and has been doing so since 2006, and he never wants to spend over luxury tax which hamstrings his front office even further. That's not all though, as Moreno has no qualms with cheating either when he hired Bubba Harkins to give spider tack to players so they could doctor game balls only to fire him when the heat was turned on and made Brad Ausmus the scapegoat as well despite being out of the loop on the matter.

What makes Moreno scum is the fact that he ignores the off field well being of his players and staff, an attitude that makes him very much liable for the overdose death of Tyler Skaggs. Especially when it was a member of the training staff that got Skaggs hooked on fentanyl, but couldn't go public with his demons. As far as I'm concerned, the blood is on Moreno's hands, especially given the fact that he damn near blackballed Josh Hamilton when the former slugger admitted to relapsing into alcoholism. Moreno's lack of care for his players is downright despicable. The Angels' minor league system under Moreno also has the worst reputation in the league, with many players not being able to pay rent or eat properly. They ALSO unceremoniously fired scouting director Eddie Bane (as well as his loyalists in the scouting department) over a power struggle, despite Bane being the reason for them getting Mike Trout in the first place. Since then, he's continuously furloughed staff while Arte is still taking a paycheck.

The man's a garbage person who allows his organization to be beset with systemic problems at every level to the point it got someone killed. And yet he won't be punished for it. Moreno's managing style is being given the two thumbs up by baseball because he turned an in debt franchise into being worth $3 billion and making money hand over fist on Ohtani and Trout merch. Meanwhile he gets a sweetheart deal to redevelop the land around Angels Stadium and make even more bank.
Nice copy and paste.

Who was it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad