Red Sox/MLB 2023 Regular Season VII - White Sox clean out the front office

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
People keep falling for this team getting back into it and it's just never gonna happen. They are destined to be in the 3 games out territory the rest of the way.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Wander gone forever and Mcclanahan out next year. You hate to see it
Next year is our year to finally beat the Rays again

Nats announcers saying Casas HR to left was one of the more impressive ones they’ve seen from a LHH

best hitter on team.
Lol nah dude. You can keep saying it but he is not the best hitter on the team. Someday maybe he gets there. He's not there yet.

Mr Cartmenez

May 15, 2009
Mannheim
People keep falling for this team getting back into it and it's just never gonna happen. They are destined to be in the 3 games out territory the rest of the way.

It was never going to happen. You probably need 89-90 wins to get the 3rd WC, maybe even more. The Jays need to go 23-17 to get to 90. And after today, for the Sox to reach the same mark would need to go 27-14 (against a very tough schedule). I'd say they will be closer to .500 and last place than 90 wins. Even if you were to assume that 88 wins gets them in, 25-16 is still pretty difficult.

Lol nah dude. You can keep saying it but he is not the best hitter on the team. Someday maybe he gets there. He's not there yet.

This. Problem is, his defense is trending in the complete opposite direction. It's gotten even worse from weeks ago. Currently a minus 14.5 after it stagnated at the -12 mark for several weeks.

Bloom has to solve the DH-situation (Devers, Casas, Yoshida, Turner) in the off-season. It's his last shot. It won't take much for a successor to realize that a bottom 5 team in the league on defens will not go far.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007

RIP for good? Seriously I can't take anymore of this hope to see him make a couple starts and then on the shelf for months. Can we Rusney Castillo him? Or have someone else fall for the hope and eat some of the salary?

Solid 0-5 from Story today (ya I know he hit that one on the screws)

Reactions: EverettMike

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Nice freeze in the ninth inning, two on, Devers at bat. Didn’t see it!!!!!! Shit channel. Werner going cheap still. Why do I bother.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
This team just finds incredible ways to lose games.

Even if they're within 4 games of a WC with 6 weeks to go, I just have no faith in them because of the stunning inconsistency all year long (and that doesn't even factor in their brutal schedule in September).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad