Red Sox/MLB 2023 Regular Season VII - White Sox clean out the front office

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
talking about the different visual cues each pitch displays….gee I wonder why my blind ass got left on the pitchers mound Lmao

Turner is worth his weight in gold, especially to have around this emerging young crop. Showing them all how to do it the right way.

Reactions: DKH and Mione134

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
talking about the different visual cues each pitch displays….gee I wonder why my blind ass got left on the pitchers mound Lmao

Turner is worth his weight in gold, especially to have around this emerging young crop. Showing them all how to do it the right way.

Ted Williams supposedly had superhuman eagle-eye vision and could see all the seams on every pitch, etc. The optometrist I went to a few years back when I was at UCI apparently used to have Kobe Bryant as a client (Kobe was known to use the gym there to do shootarounds before he died) and he also had that kind of ridiculously good vision.

Meanwhile with my astigmatism I could barely see the ball. Last time I tried to play competitively as a sophomore in JV baseball the ball was already behind me by the time my body could react and swing.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Ted Williams supposedly had superhuman eagle-eye vision and could see all the seams on every pitch, etc. The optometrist I went to a few years back when I was at UCI apparently used to have Kobe Bryant as a client (Kobe was known to use the gym there to do shootarounds before he died) and he also had that kind of ridiculously good vision.

Meanwhile with my astigmatism I could barely see the ball. Last time I tried to play competitively as a sophomore in JV baseball the ball was already behind me by the time my body could react and swing.
Yeah Ted was either 20/10 or 20/5 vision, it was about as good as it could get. I read that in Leigh Montville’s Ted biography. Probably why he survived Korea as a fighter pilot too

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Yeah Ted was either 20/10 or 20/5 vision, it was about as good as it could get. I read that in Leigh Montville’s Ted biography. Probably why he survived Korea as a fighter pilot too
Youkilis said his eye sight also was something u godly for a person

Reactions: CDJ

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Who you rather have long term only pick one and money not an issue - Devers or Casas

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
I don't know if anyone mentioned it but I give Duran huge props for speaking out about his mental health. I'm so happy the team supports him. Reminds me of the Jake DeBrusk situation. Hopefully the Sox fans are more kind to Jarren than some of the Bruins fans were to Jake.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Sale velo down 4-5 mph - looks like he’s frustrated oner it

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Who you rather have long term only pick one and money not an issue - Devers or Casas
Casas is the best hitter on the team imo so him

Wonder if he's just 'in his own head' or if his arm physically won't 'do it'.
Shoulder injuries are tricky to come back from, some days coming back you feel good and some days you can tell you’re not as crisp. I’d imagine it’s physical, but it’s frustrating for him all the same

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Alexandria, KY
Casas is the best hitter on the team imo so him

Shoulder injuries are tricky to come back from, some days coming back you feel good and some days you can tell you’re not as crisp. I’d imagine it’s physical, but it’s frustrating for him all the same
I think he's gun-shy of going all out(or close to all out) in worries that somethings 'gonna go' on him again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad