Red Sox/MLB 2023 Regular Season VI: Hunt for the Wild Card is on

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
They could have easily sold Paxton, Duvall and Turner. They probably would have gotten a decent haul for the three of them.
I wouldn’t have

Loser mentality if he did

It’s August 6th

Go read March 10-25 2011 on HF Boards about Bruins

I’ve pruned just about every whiney overreacting posier here

It’s glorious to live on a message board with 50 rationale even keeled people

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
I borderline love this pickup but if you don’t know who he is and trash him you are an idiot
Again I say, this kind of "insight" from one of the gatekeepers is considered good baseball content.

Not to mention nobody is talking about Urias. It's a nothing acquisition. There's a reason the Brewers gave him away while they themselves are in playoff position.

It’s glorious to live on a message board with 50 rationale even keeled people
It never ends. You are a narcissist's narcissist. Every thought you have ever had is correct.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Brewer fan here......you know, that team that is 28th in MLB in Team OPS...

Luis Urias couldn't even consistently crack their starting lineup. So yeah, I guess he CAN be better, for whatever that's worth.
Dude I’m going by a large sample last 2 seasons
Brewer fan here......you know, that team that is 28th in MLB in Team OPS...

Luis Urias couldn't even consistently crack their starting lineup. So yeah, I guess he CAN be better, for whatever that's worth.
im going by 1,042 plate appearances between 2021 & 2022 when he had an OPS 11% above average not 70 this season coming off an injury

I’m a Brewers fan as well going back to Don Money, Sixto Lezcano, Darryl Porter, Jim Slaton and Billy Travers (Norwoods own, like Noah Hanifin) and of course Tommy Harper

I adopted them as a kid because Boston Braves my fathers team moved there

I went in 1975 to see Aaron as a DH

Sal Frelick I’ve been watching since called up

If you know more about the Brewers than me I’m impressed and why I know all about Urias

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
Celtics fans and especially Felger & Adam Jones went off - TRASHED when Brad picked up White

I couldn’t believe it- caller after caller parroted them

This reminds me of Urias

He has pull power stroke, walks, knows zone, and is a very good third baseman who can play short

He gets 550 at bats he’s going 40 doubles and 25 homers - park adjusted this guy is built for Fenway

I borderline love this pickup but if you don’t know who he is and trash him you are an idiot
You go out of your way to tell people to stop listening to Felgar and Mazz then come in and complain what they say?

Doctor heal thy self

Can someone explain what is being defended here?

• Haha
Reactions: LSCII

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
can't see how players can make it all the way to the big leagues and be bad baserunners. You learn those instincts in little league. Not rocket science
Ya I could understand looking at the manager for lineup/pitching decisions and even if there is miscommunication with players. But Alex Cora is not teaching McGuire to run around the bases with his fist in the air while getting doubled up to end the game. If you assemble a group of players who aren't good defensively/on the bases then this is what you get.

You go out of your way to tell people to stop listening to Felgar and Mazz then come in and complain what they say?

Doctor heal thy self

Can someone explain what is being defended here?
"My fantasy baseball friend told me what they said"

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
Playoff bubble team playing up to the bubble capabilities with some good days and some bad days and not enough depth or skill (not talking potential when talking "skill" here, just basic grade A fundamentals which they are lacking...).

Whether Bloom is the right guy or not, I don't know. I do feel he was right not to buy at the deadline though, because if you have both an undisciplined - and - a shallow depth roster on the bubble, you don't go all in. No debate. Can't teach good fundamentals with a couple weeks left even if you add skill and depth to backstop the gaps on the roster.

It does beg the question of whether Cora is simply not a grade A coach with his staff to teach fundamentals and being prepared as a pro - OR - Blooms' analytics algorithm has a major flaw and it doesn't account for the 5th tool of brains to play fundamentally sound BBall and the Sox are in a world of hurt because you "can't teach not playing stupid". Hopefully it's not both because in that case this will take a while to rinse from the system.
I tend to lean toward Bloom's system that has almost no one at their natural position, at least for long.

Reactions: Johnnyduke

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
I’m a Brewers fan as well going back to Don Money, Sixto Lezcano, Darryl Porter, Jim Slaton and Billy Travers (Norwoods own, like Noah Hanifin) and of course Tommy Harper

I adopted them as a kid because Boston Braves my fathers team moved there

I went in 1975 to see Aaron as a DH.....
What, no love for Mike Heegan and George Scott?

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
The only thing consistent on this team is their inconsistency.

Mediocre is Mediocre in the end. Sale and Story are too little too late anyway. I just hope we finish ahead of the Yankees.

that's all I ask too- just finish ahead of the Skanks

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
We've gotten spoiled the last 20 years with this team. I grew up watching some bad Red Sox teams & that was the bar, at least finish ahead of the Yankees. Things have come full circle for me.
Seeing success is not being spoiled. Expecting the best out of an organization is not being spoiled.

It is about not settling.

Reactions: lopey

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
We've gotten spoiled the last 20 years with this team. I grew up watching some bad Red Sox teams & that was the bar, at least finish ahead of the Yankees. Things have come full circle for me.

even when we won complaining was common practice

Reactions: BMC

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020
I'm pretty neutral on Bloom but sitting on your hands for the 2nd straight deadline just for the team to throw in the towel right after is moving me closer to the fire Bloom camp. Feel like a plan of being aggressive in the winter is needed for him to keep his job, and not trading the 13th and 18th ranked prospects in the system for a end of rotation starter that Bloom would probably consider aggressive either. Actual plus major league talent

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I'm pretty neutral on Bloom but sitting on your hands for the 2nd straight deadline just for the team to throw in the towel right after is moving me closer to the fire Bloom camp. Feel like a plan of being aggressive in the winter is needed for him to keep his job, and not trading the 13th and 18th ranked prospects in the system for a end of rotation starter that Bloom would probably consider aggressive either. Actual plus major league talent
I think they’re gonna throw a lot of money at Yamamoto. If he is open to the east coast and they aren’t the high bid I’m not gonna be very pleased

You see his numbers in Japan now? Imagine what they would be coming to an inferior league!!!

• Haha
Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
I think they’re gonna throw a lot of money at Yamamoto. If he is open to the east coast and they aren’t the high bid I’m not gonna be very pleased

You see his numbers in Japan now? Imagine what they would be coming to an inferior league!!!

This board's best bit, especially since we're not supposed to make Maine Red Claws jokes anymore.

Reactions: dabid and CDJ

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
Bloom does not have permission to spend on even a number three starter, I am convinced of it. He also would probably just churn up Rich Hill again if he did. I also suspect that he has trouble evaluating major league talent, because he focuses so much on his prospects.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad