Red Sox/MLB 2023 Regular Season - 154-8 still possible - Adam Duvall suffered fractured wrist, no timetable set for his return

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
One thing I could do without is the earlier weekday start times. With faster games give me the regular old 7 PM start. I can understand earlier starts in cold weather areas but why is Tampa starting earlier in a dome? Do they start all their games at 6:40?

Fire Bloom.

There is simply no way John Henry, Sam Kennedy etc had this in mind for year 4 of Chaim Bloom when they hired him. Not a god damn chance. It's embarrassing.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Verdugo RF, Devers 3B, Turner DH, Casas 1B, Tapia LF, Dalbec SS, McGuire C, Chang 2B, Hernandez CF

This was...not the plan.

Let's go Bruins.

Reactions: CDJ

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I would much rather play Chang at SS and Dalbec at 2B, the lineups don’t even make sense

At least Kikè is in CF!

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I would much rather play Chang at SS and Dalbec at 2B, the lineups don’t even make sense
Alex probably decided he wants out after they let his son Xander walk in FA and didn'ti make an offer to his other son Carlos Correa, but is trying to get fired so they have to pay out his contract rather than resigning since he already lost his salary from the suspension year.

Reactions: CDJ

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I'll admit it, I was really optimistic about this ballclub all winter despite the dark cloud everyone was trying to pull. Like Dan Roche levels of optimism. But it took only 12 games to be like "Nah, this is a last place team as constructed."

AL MVP Adam Duvall is the difference between 92 wins and 72 wins.

Mr Cartmenez

May 15, 2009
Mannheim
I may read too much into it, but the way Cora is managing the SS-position with a GG-CF Kiké and now Bobby Dalbec getting playing time in ST entirely out of the blue and now in regular season games, it's possible that he's trying to make Bloom look bad for the roster construction.

This is a joke on so many levels with a team close to a 180m payroll and way more resources than that. Tampa is just toying with them.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Getting AAA hitter Wong and awful Arroyo out of there makes sense. The cheap ownership, their incompetent number crunching lackey of a gm, and Yu Chang, do not make sense.
At least Wong can throw out hitters and has a cannon for an arm. McGuire is steal city.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
I may read too much into it, but the way Cora is managing the SS-position with a GG-CF Kiké and now Bobby Dalbec getting playing time in ST entirely out of the blue and now in regular season games, it's possible that he's trying to make Bloom look bad for the roster construction.

This is a joke on so many levels with a team close to a 180m payroll and way more resources than that. Tampa is just toying with them.
Bloom doesn’t need help from Cora to look bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad