Red Sox/MLB 2023 Off-Season - Red Sox-Yankees trade

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002

SD would need to eat 1/2 it’s so bad

Bogaerts would have to play second or third

If The SD owner was healthy at the time this deal never happened imo

It’s crazy what he got

I'll take Montgomery

Reactions: sarge88

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003

It’s crazy what he got

Wow….even if they picked up half……ten more years!

Thats crazy!

Last edited:
Reactions: DKH

Chevalier du Clavier

Écrivain de ferrage
Jul 20, 2005

It’s crazy what he got

The Padres are reportedly trying to lock up Soto rather than trade him. The only way to do it is to shed the contracts of Bogey and Tatis, who reportedly would be the carrot to take Bogey's contract. They're trying to pull off a Sox-Dodgers deal. Tatis is owed another 11 years and $317 million. He has a full no-trade through 2028 and a 10-team no-trade thereafter. We all know what Bogey is owed. It would be interesting if Verdugo is part of the deal.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
The Padres are reportedly trying to lock up Soto rather than trade him. The only way to do it is to shed the contracts of Bogey and Tatis, who reportedly would be the carrot to take Bogey's contract. They're trying to pull off a Sox-Dodgers deal. Tatis is owed another 11 years and $317 million. He has a full no-trade through 2028 and a 10-team no-trade thereafter. We all know what Bogey is owed. It would be interesting if Verdugo is part of the deal.
That would be wild and considering the Red Sox suck and are at best 4 and likely 5 in the East that’s interesting- Verdugo would definitely go

Chevalier du Clavier

Écrivain de ferrage
Jul 20, 2005
That would be wild and considering the Red Sox suck and are at best 4 and likely 5 in the East that’s interesting- Verdugo would definitely go
Seems like acquiring Bogey and Tatis would be robbing Peter to pay Paul. A more conventional route of signing someone like Merrifield to play 2B, and acquiring a right-handed RF via trade makes more sense fiscally and on the field.

Reactions: Gordoff

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Tatis playing SS in winter ball as dad says that what he is

The Bogaerts deal is just so bad for SD and probably even Bogearts in the end as relates to happiness. He was going to get money he’s never going to spend here it’s just gluttony

SD is set at 3B and 2B so where does Bogearts go ? DH ? OF ? 1B

I understand the owner loves SD and the Padres but he saddled them with bad contracts and wiped out me many of their prospects to win right now

Even Bogearts contract at half value for 10 years seems bad because he’s close to being off SS

Chevalier du Clavier

Écrivain de ferrage
Jul 20, 2005

The Bogaerts deal is just so bad for SD and probably even Bogearts in the end as relates to happiness. He was going to get money he’s never going to spend here it’s just gluttony

I understand the owner loves SD and the Padres but he saddled them with bad contracts and wiped out me many of their prospects to win right now

Even Bogearts contract at half value for 10 years seems bad because he’s close to being off SS
Brock Holt said on the Name Redacted Podcast that Bogey would come back to Boston in a heartbeat. His offensive stats are slipping more, which is to be expected when he signs to play in a ballpark that doesn't benefit him. I just don't see a trade back to Boston unless San Diego pays a significant part of his contract. San Diego's situation reminds me of Detroit before Illich passed away. The spending spree handcuffed the organization for years and they're still feeling the effects.

Reactions: Gordoff and DKH

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Brock Holt said on the Name Redacted Podcast that Bogey would come back to Boston in a heartbeat. His offensive stats are slipping more, which is to be expected when he signs to play in a ballpark that doesn't benefit him. I just don't see a trade back to Boston unless San Diego pays a significant part of his contract. San Diego's situation reminds me of Detroit before Illich passed away. The spending spree handcuffed the organization for years and they're still feeling the effects.
Yup Illitch exactly and of course Scott Boras was there to get outrageous contracts

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017

Bogey is rangy, I'd put him in left field. Actually was suggesting that in 2022 when Story came back off the injured list and the infield defense was trash.

Can't feel too bad for a guy making 9 figures to live in San Diego for 11 years though. He's got a couple titles already, he's probably good. If SD's next owners want to get out from that deal and eat half or more of the contract, I'd take him back.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Bogey is rangy, I'd put him in left field. Actually was suggesting that in 2022 when Story came back off the injured list and the infield defense was trash.

Can't feel too bad for a guy making 9 figures to live in San Diego for 11 years though. He's got a couple titles already, he's probably good. If SD's next owners want to get out from that deal and eat half or more of the contract, I'd take him back.
It certainly sounds like Tatis wants to play SS though

I’d take both - Tatis could be super star here

Let him play SS move Story to 2B, Bogey to LF

Sign Montgomery & Yamamoto

Let’s go !!!!!

Reactions: McGarnagle

Chevalier du Clavier

Écrivain de ferrage
Jul 20, 2005

Talks between the Yankees and the San Diego Padres about a Juan Soto trade have progressed to the point of exchanging names on players, league sources say. San Diego’s initial ask was very high -- understandably so -- and the teams are not close to an agreement.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Reactions: Gordoff

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Michael Marino is reporting that the Red Sox have pulled out of the Ohtani discussions. They'll be "looking elsewhere at the moment".

Edit - I would post the Xitter link but that doesn't seem to work anymore

it works if you take the url , delete x.com and type in twitter.com

dont know why, Im tech handicapped, but it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad