Red Sox/MLB 2023 Off-Season - Red Sox-Yankees trade

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
I agree with you, our defense was horrible. The challenge is we are not replacing Devers, who is below average at 3B, Story is average at best at SS, much better at 2B. Moving Yoshida from LF to full time DH will help a ton. Rafaela, assuming he makes the team will be definite upgrade regardless of where he plays.
Story at SS as a fielder is above average

Devers is a train wreck in the field

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007

08SeaBass08

Maybe next year.
Jul 8, 2010
Funkytown, Boogie Wonderland
I was about to get angry about the headline and then see they want to REDUCE the clock and I love it. I thought the league was gonna cave to players not liking it.
Pitch clock is the best thing baseball’s done in at least 50 years. Certainly the biggest impact on the game since probably the DH. Love it. Regular season games ending at a sane hour? I’ll have that, please.

Chevalier du Clavier

Écrivain de ferrage
Jul 20, 2005

IMG_2244.jpeg

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Anyone else think there’s a relatively big shakeup coming?

Not saying they‘ll trade Devers or anything and Verdugo probably doesn’t constitute “big”….but I saw somewhere that Chapman might be a target.

Any chance Cassas is moved with or independent of Verdugo for pitching and they move Devers to 1B, Chapman to 3B and Masa to DH?

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Anyone else think there’s a relatively big shakeup coming?

Not saying they‘ll trade Devers or anything and Verdugo probably doesn’t constitute “big”….but I saw somewhere that Chapman might be a target.

Any chance Cassas is moved with or independent of Verdugo for pitching and they move Devers to 1B, Chapman to 3B and Masa to DH?
Whoa, what's this now??

And it wouldn't surprise me if there is something along the lines of a "big shakeup"...but that could just as easily be ownership (wisely, I might add) ponying up for Ohtani.

Reactions: sarge88

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Whoa, what's this now??

And it wouldn't surprise me if there is something along the lines of a "big shakeup"...but that could just as easily be ownership (wisely, I might add) ponying up for Ohtani.

I know there will be a million rumors this winter. Just saw the Chapman one and tried to figure out a way that the lineup could work with him in it.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Are their links regarding Chapman and the Sox?
I was watching MLB network while doing some work earlier and I looked up in time to see a graphic that had Chapman, with the logos of several “interested” teams underneath…including the Sox.

I got back to work and lost track of any follow up to it.

Chevalier du Clavier

Écrivain de ferrage
Jul 20, 2005
I was watching MLB network while doing some work earlier and I looked up in time to see a graphic that had Chapman, with the logos of several “interested” teams underneath…including the Sox.

Thank you.

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
I think the deciding factor in where Ohtani ends up will be based on how he gets used as a pitcher. My guess is that Ohtani is going to want to continue to be a regular starting pitcher, and if I'm an owner/GM of a club spending 100s of millions of dollars to get him, I'm not so sure I'd be comfortable with putting him on the mound every 5th day and playing him at DH/OF the other 4.

Given his arm issues, and his workload, I'd want assurances that he'd be willing to agree to missing every other start and go on a 7-10 day schedule. I think you gotta manage his workload, but I'm not so sure he'd be willing to agree to that as a condition to signing him.

Last edited:

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007

Please tell me we're talking Matt and not Aroldis. I am IN on Matt Chapman. I don't care about the current roster configuration. You put him at 3rd, Devers DH, Casas 1B. Try unloading Yoshida if it makes sense.

There was a 5 for 1 deal tonight. :huh:

This is such a weird trade for a guy who sucked last year. I don't think I have ever heard of a 5 player swap for a middling reliver. What gives with this trade? Gotta be something I am missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad