Boston Bruins 2023 Off-Season CAP, Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk VII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
I think it's going to be close games, but the state of our offense, as you mentioned, that make me think we are a bottom 10 team.

Generally, the bottom 10 threshold is less than 85-90 points. You usually just need to be good at one end of the ice (top 15 GF or GA) to be at least decent (90+ points). This past year, all top 15 GA teams hit 90 points. 14 of the top 15 GF hit 90 points. The year before it was 14 out of 15 for both top 15 GF and GA. I doubt they're top 15 in GF, but I'd be surprised if they dropped out of the top 15 in GA.

Between goaltending regression and the loss of Bergeron, the defense will take a step back, but it won't be enough to make them truly bad. If I had to guess, we're looking at a season like 2014-15 or 2015-16, which will be annoying when we have to give Detroit a late lottery pick.

Reactions: lxndr and Bodit9

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
63 should have a big bounce back year
Definitely a good point. Takes around a year for a player to completely get back to normal following hip surgery. I thought Marchy did extremely well this past season considering he had double hip surgery and came back ultra fast from that. I get that he will be a year older, but he will be physically better off as well. Expecting to see something akin to the Marchy of '21-22.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
More Flames talk. Where there's smoke there's fire

The Boston Bruins have been linked to Backlund and Lindholm, though it is unclear if a move is close at his point in time.
Elias is in his prime and is a solid 1c. But he will want a long and expensive final contract next. But, he has one year left on his deal which lines up perfectly for us to be able to pay him.

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
Taylor Hall with less even strength offense than Frederic. So who carried who offensively last season?
Hall started off great but then fell apart

First 30 games
13-14-27 +14

Last 30 games
3-6-9 -1

I’d say Coyle made that line go he was quite consistent last year and never had any really dry stretches like previous years or like hall and Freddy did

Definitely a good point. Takes around a year for a player to completely get back to normal following hip surgery. I thought Marchy did extremely well this past season considering he had double hip surgery and came back ultra fast from that. I get that he will be a year older, but he will be physically better off as well. Expecting to see something akin to the Marchy of '21-22.
Also

Charlie Mac should go back to his usual self of being a top 3-5 elite D

Cause last year was a noticeable difference compared to his 20-21 and 21-22 seasons

The Andrew Peeke Fan

Feb 26, 2020
Fischer at 1 year and for 1.3 is great, but, you imagine there is some sort of agreement or there have otherwise been talks about him signing there long-term, after. Man, Fischer and Comtois would have felt a lot better to me than Lucic and JVR.

I think Toronto wants Bert in a bad way.

Elias is in his prime and is a solid 1c. But he will want a long and expensive final contract next. But, he has one year left on his deal which lines up perfectly for us to be able to pay him.
Anyone who prefers Scheifele to this guy has absolutely not watched very much of either player, imo

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
The Bruins, barring a major shift in direction, are not signing Tyler Bertuzzi and want to bring in a top-six forward, ideally a centre.

One player the Bruins are believed to have expressed some interest in is Winnipeg Jets centre Mark Scheifele, who is in the final year of his contract and comes with a $6.125 million cap hit. He also owns a 10-team no-trade clause.

JHockey14

Mar 7, 2008
CT
I will say I’ve come to terms that Bert is 99% gone ….

However it is extremely weird that we haven’t even heard a peep or rumor about who he’s talking to. There’s only 1 organization that operates in that cloud of secrecy. Hence 1% chance of hope it’s the bruins waiting to make that move to clear cap space and keep him lol

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
It’s funny to see people freaking out about losing Hall and signing some cheap vets. After last season I’d be ok with giving half of the team away for free.

I think Geekie could surprise like Zacha. Seems due for a breakout season.

Aho would be nice but I don’t think he’s hitting UFA.
Agreed. Who cares who leaves

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
about a 1.3M delta between him and Hanifin.

The difference is perceived value—Briere doesn’t value Sanheim nearly as much as the Flames value Hanifin.

They’re gonna give Sanheim away. Just attach a 3rd for some salary retention. Maybe get away with one of our cap dumps in Forbort.

He’s a 6’4 two way Dman and his upside has absolutely not been realized in Philly.

Don't get me wrong, I like the player.

But they retain 3m on Sanheim and take on Forbort, and they are now essentially paying Forbort 6.25m. While adding a 3rd. If Sweeney can swing that, great, but I don't think a team is going to retain AND take a cap dump. Plus a team has only so many retention spots and they are using 1 on Hayes now. To use a 2nd spot on a player that also requires a cap dump seems poor asset management. Would be great if it happens.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
I will say I’ve come to terms that Bert is 99% gone ….

However it is extremely weird that we haven’t even heard a peep or rumor about who he’s talking to. There’s only 1 organization that operates in that cloud of secrecy. Hence 1% chance of hope it’s the bruins waiting to make that move to clear cap space and keep him lol
He's looking at $5M+ for 5-7 years, and Pagnotta believes Florida is trying to make cap room for him by trading Reinhart.

The Hockey Tonk Man

May 3, 2007
Toronto
What we got as line combos assuming not much changes and Sway/Freddy are signed. There should be enough space to get em both done.

After that, I feel they’ll be at the cap unless someone gets traded

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Just a rough estimate here, barring any major acquisitions, but the Bruins are gonna go into next offseason with about 30M Cap space and about ten players to sign. If guys like Lohrie, Merkulov, Beecher and McLaughlin can make the jump on ELC's that will be a shit ton of money to spend on UFA's , looks like next season's UFA class is gonna be way better than this years.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Just a rough estimate here, barring any major acquisitions, but the Bruins are gonna go into next offseason with about 30M Cap space and about ten players to sign. If guys like Lohrie, Merkulov, Beecher and McLaughlin can make the jump on ELC's that will be a shit ton of money to spend on UFA's , looks like next season's UFA class is gonna be way better than this years.
On the bright side they have cap space for UFAs. But also, Sweeney has cap space for UFAs....which hasn't been a good thing for him historically

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
That’s why players are taking cheap deals to cash in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad