Boston Bruins 2023 Off-Season CAP, Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk VII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
The Bruins are only at 36 contracts have to think they would want to be in the 40's for contracts . Not sure what move or moves They may be planning , but expect at least one trade and some more bargain basement shopping . At the very least

Reactions: BlackFrancis

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
People here saying they had to trade Hall for cap space, only to find out they were in on Bertuzzi.

Leafs are now approx 8 million over the cap. The hall trade was a complete panic move and horrible trade.
Remember, in the playoffs, there is no cap. B’s way over.

Reactions: Gordoff

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Bruins need to get that top 10 protected draft pick back from Det. Write this year off and get a center for the future. No thanks to Don Sweeney patchwork
Grab your favorite beverage and hit the deck or porch and go read HF last July & August - easily 50 % said complete failure team not playoff

Had Bertuzzi agent taken 4 years he was offered and Bergeron does return they are right back at 1 overall

They at worst are 90+ point team today and get Bergeron by Christmas are 100+

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Grab your favorite beverage and hit the deck or porch and go read HF last July & August - easily 50 % said complete failure team not playoff

Had Bertuzzi agent taken 4 years he was offered and Bergeron does return they are right back at 1 overall

Yeah some people think they’re gonna be bad and I just don’t see that- it would take a lot to go wrong for them to be bad. Pastrnak/Lindholm/McAvoy alone would keep them from being a bottom feeder. I don’t think they’re good enough to win the cup but they should at least be good enough to entertain for a year and then next off-season comes a big retool that thrusts us back into contendership

Reactions: caz16 and Alicat

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia

I am not sure this is a good thing and not disagreeing with you. Just feel it is time for the Bruins to be sellers at the dead line. Time to restock the cupboards . If they are a playoff team great if not all the signing DS has made can be moved for some kind of a return. I like what DS is doing not strapping the team in any way for the future.

Reactions: GordonHowe

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Sitting by the phone waiting-no, hoping for the phone to ring and it be Bergeron on the other end.

View attachment 725554

This board when Bergeron does announce his retirement:
steve-buscemi-lipstick.gif

miss-lippy-glue.gif

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida

if they were icing the team I saw go to Florida and beat the panthers. id agree

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
I am not sure this is a good thing and not disagreeing with you. Just feel it is time for the Bruins to be sellers at the dead line. Time to restock the cupboards . If they are a playoff team great if not all the signing DS has made can be moved for some kind of a return. I like what DS is doing not strapping the team in any way for the future.
Let’s see where they are at deadline

If they are in a spot no way you sell

They are 5 points or more out with 3 or so teams between them you consider it

When they come to the bridge they’ll decide

Reactions: bme44

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Yeah some people think they’re gonna be bad and I just don’t see that- it would take a lot to go wrong for them to be bad. Pastrnak/Lindholm/McAvoy alone would keep them from being a bottom feeder. I don’t think they’re good enough to win the cup but they should at least be good enough to entertain for a year and then next off-season comes a big retool that thrusts us back into contendership
They drop from 135 to 95 still gets you in and more points then Florida had

Florida went from 122 to 93 points and you’d think they won by he Cup here

Reactions: CDJ

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
And overly negatively. The negative people are never around when the going is good. When it falls apart the flood gates open. The positive people are never around when they come up short and then just show up like nothing happened. Those who always criticize or never criticize really bring nothing of substance imo. Just doom and gloom and pom pom waving. I mean sure there is room for fun constructive banter I would think. Basically I’ve liked everything done this offseason but their third round pick but whatever. I praised them all season and loved the deadline and when they choked I called them out on it. Not sure what’s so wrong or “needing a break” about it.
I feel attacked(Ive been accused of being a pom-pomer and have called out consistently negative posters) so I will explain my position.

Bruins is fun for me. When it is not fun I choose to not be affected by it.
It is just a sport.
I deal with a lot of terrible stuff people are going through every week so it gives me perspective. I choose not to be negative because it will become a habit and I will end up wallowing in it.

Actually, that gives me a new perspective. If you are consistently negative around here your life must be going pretty well for the Bruins to be your point of issue.

I could dump my baggage here. But I choose to turn on some light instead and make stupid jokes hoping some of you out there crack a smile and have a little better day. Does that make me a clown? To some, yes. But I would rather be a clown and make a few people smile who need it than the alternative.

Our habits make us.
If we choose to be negative often, that will form us. It will form the relationships we have around us. It will form this community.
I think thats why we have a few posters who call people out on their negativity, not just for themselves but for the health of HFBoards as well.

Its the summer after a sport defining record loss. We are not running it back, we are selling and starting a slow rebuild/retool. I dont expect people around here to be thrilled about that. But there are some things still to enjoy: Looch back home, seeing some of the kids play, just enjoying hockey for the fun it is. I am going to choose to enjoy that, so I enjoy the Bruins. So it remains a destresser for me. I have something to look forward to after spending an afternoon with a friend whose wife is leaving him and taking the kids while she has a deep drug habit and the kids do not want to go with her.
The reality of the situation is actually much much worse, but I won't go into it here. Not the place for that. I think I made my point.

I guess it's just some perspective.

Last edited:

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I feel attacked so I will explain my position.

Bruins is fun for me. When its not fun I choose to not be affected by it.
Its just a sport.
I deal with a lot of terrible stuff people are going through every week so it gives me perspective. I choose not to be negative because it will become a habit and I will end up wallowing in it.

Actually, that gives me a new perspective. If you are consistently negative around here your life must be going pretty well for the Bruins to be your point of issue.

I could dump my baggage here. But I choose to turn on some light instead and make stupid jokes hoping some of you out there crack a smile and have a little better day. Does that make me a clown? To some, yes. But I would rather be a clown and make a few people smile who need it than the alternative.

Our habits make us.
If we choose to be negative often, that will form us. It will form the relationships we have around us. It will form this community.
I think thats why we have a few posters who call people out on their negativity, not just for themselves but for the health of HFBoards as well.

Its the summer after a sport defining record loss. We are not running it back, we are selling and starting a slow rebuild/retool. I dont expect people around here to be thrilled about that. But there are some things still to enjoy: Looch back home, seeing some of the kids play, just enjoying hockey for the fun it is. I am going to choose to enjoy that, so I enjoy the Bruins. Its remains a destresser for me. I have something to look forward to after spending an afternoon with a friend whos wife is leaving him and taking the kids while she has a deep drug habit and the kids dont want to go with her.
The reality of the situation is actually much much worse, but I wont go into it here. Not the place for that.

I guess its just some perspective.
Preach!

• Love
Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Does it still make sense for the B's to dump Forbort's cap hit?

Anaheim still really needs another PK/defensive D, and the FA market has gone dry rather quickly.

Right now there is no reason. Could change based on how negotiations with Swayman/Frederic go, if Bergeron/Krejci decide to come back or they find something in the trade market and the team can’t take cap back.

Reactions: WhatTheDuck

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Playoffs are 10 months away. They need to shed that before season starts. My guess is Nylander will be traded.
I was talking about the last playoffs. Sorry. They were over the cap and now it’s back to reality with the cap. They had to shed money.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
I feel attacked so I will explain my position.

Bruins is fun for me. When its not fun I choose to not be affected by it.
Its just a sport.

Our habits make us.

Its the summer after a sport defining record loss. We are not running it back, we are selling and starting a slow rebuild/retool. I dont expect people around here to be thrilled about that. But there are some things still to enjoy: Looch back home, seeing some of the kids play, just enjoying hockey for the fun it is. I am going to choose to enjoy that, so I enjoy the Bruins. Its remains a destresser for me. I have something to look forward to after spending an afternoon with a friend whos wife is leaving him and taking the kids while she has a deep drug habit and the kids dont want to go with her.
The reality of the situation is actually much much worse, but I wont go into it here. Not the place for that.

I guess its just some perspective.
You were the last person I would put in either category. You are as down the middle as they come and a must read. My life like yours is really blessed. My 53 year old friend and boss at work with three daughters and a blind wife is battling stage four cancer and not doing well. Last week on the same day, my daughter had to scan a six year old who was in a coma and had to listen to the doctors tell the parents he wasn't going to make it...my wife lost a long time patient in the nursing home and had to console the family and my son had one overdose death and then a 43 year old who had a massive heart attack and died in the street bike riding

I don't think this should be a place for constant negativity. AS a fan, you truly think your team is going to be good every year To constantly bash the Bruins as a fan doesn't make sense. As far as the "other side" I will start to look more at it as an escape from whatever people might me going through In the end it is only sports and maybe this team is all people have to look forward to, to feel good about something,

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
I don't even know why you think I meant you, but I did not!
I know you didn't just trying to interject some humor to cool the thread down. It could use a few dunks in the tank, if you know what I mean.
How you doing after that by the way. I've never been in one, always wanted to try. Was surprised at the physical tax you said it takes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad