Nillander
Yager
Benson
Enstrom
Moore
Barlow
Doing Dvorsky dirty

In theory.. he probably thinks Augustine is the best goalie in the class lmfao
Augustine was pretty damn impressive at the U18s I thought. Obviously doesn’t have the size the other top guys do, but he looks like a legit prospect to me.

Reactions: Frank JT

JotAlan

Apr 21, 2020
What is your guys top 10 from last years draft and this years combined. For me, I have it....

1. Bedard
2. Michkov
3. Fantilli
4. Slaf
5. Carlsson
6. Nemec
7. Dvorsky
8. Cooley
9. Wright
10. Jiricek
1 Bedard
2 Michkov
3 Carlsson
4 Fantilli
5 Cooley
6 Smith
7 Benson
8 Nemec
9 Jiricek
10 Slafkovsky/Leonard

phillytennis

Mar 4, 2012
That's you're opinion, and that's fine. Also, I'm not absolutely certain of my rankings yet. Still, I believe there are a couple reasons to pick Leonard over Smith:

Skating: Leonard's has been even better than I thought, very impressive in terms of speed, agility and stability.

Compete/agressiveness: Leonard is relentless on the puck. If you're looking for that Benson intensity, he comes pretty close while being bigger (to be fair Smith was more intense at the u18s than during the season, from what I saw).

Defensive ability: all-around better positioning from Leonard, better on puck retrievals and contested exits too.

Leonard's game is definitely more translateable to me. I am projecting him to be a first line RW who might not be *the* star but can still drive play from the wing (Andrei Svechnikov, anyone?). I think he'll pair extremely well with other skilled forwards (see: Caufield, Cole and Suzuki, Nick) and be the glue to hold a 1st line together. On the other hand, Smith's skills are amazing, and he probably has the best vision/playmaking combo since Jack Hughes. However, I'm currently not set on a realistic projection for him. He can improve his skating and develop better habits for sure, and that might be the difference between becoming a 2C or a 1C. There is definitely a limit to how many of his skilled plays will actually work on a regular basis in the NHL. The higher that limit is, the more successful he will be.

All in all, two great prospects. I wouldn't mind Smith at 5, even if he'll probably be gone.
I respect your opinion but on this board people complain all the time that the Habs are lacking high end talent...Smith is super gifted with the puck...resembles Patrick Kane. I have Leonard at 6....Dvorsky at 5 Smith at 4...Reinbacher at 7.

Reactions: NekkiChiconey

NekkiChiconey

Mar 17, 2016
Lisbon
I respect your opinion but on this board people complain all the time that the Habs are lacking high end talent...Smith is super gifted with the puck...resembles Patrick Kane. I have Leonard at 6....Dvorsky at 5 Smith at 4...Reinbacher at 7.
It would definitely be fun to draft a ppg+ forward. Is Smith going to be the most impactful player among that group though? I'm not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad