2023 NHL Entry Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaiden Ghoul

Youppi va t’il devoir chauser ses patins calvaince
Jan 19, 2020
In the nightmare scenario where we fall to 7 and have a ND for Michkov, I probably lean Yager.
A nightmare that could turn a dream lets think about it

Slaf Dach Caufield two big guys in front of the net while Caufield wait for the open lane, now we have Yager and Suzuki, two player who play the game the same way, but Yager is défensivement better, put someone like Dubois and bingo... goal scoring passing ability physicality, everything we need... Now Smith or Benson, sure more skill, but come playoff time..., the more i talk and think about it i would be happy with him at 5

Yager could be a great pick at 17.
Cmon now lol ok hes not flashy, but remember he scored at more or less .50 gpg at 16-17 years old in the WHL on the wing... We need goal scoring we have enough playmaking ability with Suz Dach and Slaf

phillytennis

Mar 4, 2012
Whether it's pick #7, #17, #29, #37...you take the best player available and if that's Étienne Morin you pick him.
Last year, I wanted Hugo to pick Tristan Luneau...missed out on another stud.
As well, there was Jiri Kulich...should have picked him instead of Mesar.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Goalies could be picked later in the draft...early 3rd.
Étienne Morin...is a stud on defense...great instincts....he was the best defenseman in the prospects game.

Defenseman could be picked later in the draft.. early 3rd (Engstrom).

Prospects game is not a great measurement. Nothing against Morin, I quite like him too.. but the Habs need help everywhere in their pool except LHD.

Morin would have to be far and away the BPA and there's very little chance of that being the case.

phillytennis

Mar 4, 2012
Defenseman could be picked later in the draft.. early 3rd (Engstrom).

Prospects game is not a great measurement. Nothing against Morin, I quite like him too.. but the Habs need help everywhere in their pool except LHD.

Morin would have to be far and away the BPA and there's very little chance of that being the case.
If we want to acquire Pierre-Luc Dubois, we might have to trade away a defenseman to get him...say Jordan Harris or Arber...and a forward like Riley Kidney or Owen Beck.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
If the pick falls to 29 I’ll happily just give it up for PLD.

That feel when you have to depend on the leafs to win a series.

Goalies could be picked later in the draft...early 3rd.
Étienne Morin...is a stud on defense...great instincts....he was the best defenseman in the prospects game.

He was pretty dreadful at the U18s.

SpeedyPotato

Mar 29, 2012
He is definitely exceptional talent. The only concern I have, is he really a kid who will win you Stanley cup? Or is he Panarin/Kaprizov type of player who can come close to 100 points, but he will not lead you in playoffs?
This is only Kaprizov's third year and he had 7 goals in 6 playoffs games last year, it's a bit early to say he can't lead his team to playoff success. The Wild are handcuffed by the Suter/Parise buyouts, couldn't re-sign Fiala, their D isn't great, it's not all Kaprizov. It took Ovi until he was in his thirties to win the cup, let's wait a bit here before labeling everybody that hasn't won yet a regular season only player. If Mitchkov is anywhere close to Kaprizov's or Panarin's level, I want him on this team. Suzuki and Caufield already proved they were strong playoff performers, Dach was great in the bubble, we have a solid future supporting cast.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
If we want to acquire Pierre-Luc Dubois, we might have to trade away a defenseman to get him...say Jordan Harris or Arber...and a forward like Riley Kidney or Owen Beck.
Habs aren't dealing Arber. He's too unique and you'd be an idiot to do so.

Draft BPA. If it's a LHD, so be it.

Habs might trade back into the early 2nd for another 2nd this year. Would make day 2 better at least.

phillytennis

Mar 4, 2012
Call me crazy but at this point I'm debating Leonard vs. Smith/Benson... And Leonard might come out on top.
No way should we take Leonard over Smith....
Smith has higher elite talent and instincts.
My top 7:
1. Bédard
2. Fantilli
3. Carlsson
4. Smith
5. Dvorsky
6. Leonard
7. Reinbacher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events