2023 NHL Entry Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Must have missed that who were they?

Washington signed Ivan Miroshnichenko (W) to an ELC. He bought out the last year of his KHL contract to come over for 2023-2024 season, which got the conversation started on if Michkov could do that & for how much.

Winnipeg signed their 2021 2nd round pick Nikita Chibrikov, who captained the 2021 u18 Russian team.

Tampa Bay signed their 2020 3rd round draft pick Maxim Groshev (W).

NJD signed their 2019 3rd round draft pick Danil Misyul (LD).

All 4 signings happened today. KHL contracts are currently expiring or in buyout period.

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
Drafting michkov would be a blessing for us.

Who cares about the russian factor. Exceptional talent is exceptional talent.

We haven't seen special players like him and Bedard in the last couple of drafts.

If he falls to us, we should be absolutely stocked. I mean, we should go crazy o_O
We need more people like you. I'm with you! The kid is so freaking good, it's insane.

Last edited:

Guy Larose

Jan 25, 2018
Has it been discussed that Nickolai Bobrov was Director of Scouting for 3 years for SKA Petersburg? Same organisation that owns Michkov?

I like the connection there for sure.
And the connection is apparently Bobrov telling the Habs to stay away as per Leroux 2 weeks ago.

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
And the connection is apparently Bobrov telling the Habs to stay away as per Leroux 2 weeks ago.
What a smart man. Why would he tell the rest of the league to go after Michkov lmao

And I don't trust Leroux. He's useless. FWIW, Leroux still had Michkov #2 on his rankings on April 21st. I'm sure he's that sensitive if Bobrov really said he's a no draft. He would have ranked him lower is what I meant.

Guy Larose

Jan 25, 2018
What a smart man. Why would he tell the rest of the league to go after Michkov lmao

And I don't trust Leroux. He's useless. FWIW, Leroux still had Michkov #2 on his rankings on April 21st. I'm sure he's that sensitive if Bobrov really said he's a no draft. He would have ranked him lower is what I meant.
No, he explained that he ranked him 2nd because of the talent, nothing to do with his situation in Russia or the KHL contract or anything else.

And Bobrov's father still works for SKA, if I recall correctly..

Hopefully we get the right intel to make the right decision
I read an article that said that he's 73 and doesn't work for them anymore.

Reactions: Vachon23

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
No, he explained that he ranked him 2nd because of the talent, nothing to do with his situation in Russia or the KHL contract or anything else.

Which is my point. He is the 2nd most talented player in this draft. Always aim for best projected talent/player. Michkov is that player over the rest after Bedard.

Kaladin

Nov 5, 2017
Washington signed Ivan Miroshnichenko (W) to an ELC. He bought out the last year of his KHL contract to come over for 2023-2024 season, which got the conversation started on if Michkov could do that & for how much.

Winnipeg signed their 2021 2nd round pick Nikita Chibrikov, who captained the 2021 u18 Russian team.

Tampa Bay signed their 2020 3rd round draft pick Maxim Groshev (W).

NJD signed their 2019 3rd round draft pick Danil Misyul (LD).

All 4 signings happened today. KHL contracts are currently expiring or in buyout period.
To be fair none of them have actually left Russia yet. Putin still has time to slash their tires...

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022

He’s still a consultant coach

We need more people like you. I'm with you! The kid is so freaking good, it's insane.

Did anyone here actually watched some of Michkov’s games this year?

I really liked him in the U18 and the world juniors before the ended the tournament because of covid.

If so, did he improve compared to then? Or he’s mostly the same player?

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
To be fair none of them have actually left Russia yet. Putin still has time to slash their tires...
Putin will bang on the concourse window and yell to stop the plane like in an 80s romcom — except in Russia his authority to stop the plane is a bit more pronounced than John Cusak’s

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
He’s still a consultant coach

Did anyone here actually watched some of Michkov’s games this year?

I really liked him in the U18 and the world juniors before the ended the tournament because of covid.

If so, did he improve compared to then? Or he’s mostly the same player?
I did. Hes still the same dynamic franchise/borderline generational talent that hes been for the past three years.

Egresch

Jul 10, 2022
I did. Hes still the same dynamic franchise/borderline generational talent that hes been for the past three years.
He is definitely exceptional talent. The only concern I have, is he really a kid who will win you Stanley cup? Or is he Panarin/Kaprizov type of player who can come close to 100 points, but he will not lead you in playoffs?

Reactions: phillytennis

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
He is definitely exceptional talent. The only concern I have, is he really a kid who will win you Stanley cup? Or is he Panarin/Kaprizov type of player who can come close to 100 points, but he will not lead you in playoffs?

He's a big time player like Fedorov/Bure. He's shown his ability to raise his level already many times.

Reactions: MeanMugging91
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad