2023 NHL Entry Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Great goal on Dobes for sure and I love how he cuts inside, do you see him doing this in the NHL a lot? How do you explain his 12 goals in the NCAA ? How do you explain that he's never been a goalscorer ?

It's fine, not every player needs to be an offensive dynamo.
He started to take confidence in his tools and blossom in the 2nd part of the season. After the WJC, he was trusted in all situations by his coach over older guys and played mostly on the top line. Most of the times he is the smartest player on the ice. I can tell you that Fantilli was pretty happy to have him on his line.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
it's gonna take more than one clip where he shoots from the H marks to convince people that he has a good shot.

From that clip, it sure does not seem like a weakness but can't say if it's a weapon of his or not. Pezzetta scored like this in the show just this year and it's definitely not a strength of his.
He is definitely more of a playmaker than a sniper, but he can really shoot as well, very quick release.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
He started to take confidence in his tools and blossom in the 2nd part of the season. After the WJC, he was trusted in all situations by his coach over older guys and played mostly on the top line. Most of the times he is the smartest player on the ice. I can tell you that Fantilli was pretty happy to have him on his line.
Yes, because Fantilli needs a facilitator. He is dynamic but Brindley compliments him well. Thats exactly what were saying.

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
You edited your post after I replied on top of it lowering your threshold to 85 pts etc. So in your mind who are the elite centers in the league?
forget points, as it's relative to scoring.

Elite centres to me are the top 10 or 12 in the game....

McDavid
MacKinnon
Draisaitl
Matthews
Thompson
Pettersson
Hughes
Crosby
Barkov
Point
Stutzle soon

Something like that... And Suzuki isn't entering that tier.

Last edited:

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Nah man... we don't deserve good things here. We'll ruin them. If Michkov comes here, it will be a career killer.

Ovechkin would not have succeeded here.

Kovalev was traded away immediately after Gillett sold the club.

Its not happening.

Carlsson is the best bet for Montreal because he's got everything we want and needed.

Even Bedard would probably not work here because of the toxicity from the Media.

Carlsson, we must do everything we can to
Let's say it's a given we're going to get Dubois. How do you see Carlsson as what we need?

(not that I'd advocate drafting based on need)

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
so youre banking on how a team won 12 years ago, who also had a Norris winning beast in Chara, and Vezina/Conn SMythe winning goalie in THomas..... Good luck.
I am basing on the most likely scenario.

The habs could finish dead last for 4 more years and maybe never draft a superstar. It's a possibility.

Same with Michkov. He could turn into a gigantic bust.

The Maple Leafs have a couple 90+ points player and they have never passed the first round.

The Oilers have arguably one of the best player to ever play the game and they still have not won a cup.

The first step is to have talent everywhere then you can take some risks.

Many current 'superstar' players were not drafted in the top 5. See Lightnings, Dallas, Boston.

Obviously I would love to get Bedard or Fantilli to speed up the rebuild process but in reality it takes more than a few superstar players to compete. You need to have a pool full of talent/prospect and draft picks. You need to control wages and the salary cap to stay competitive and you need some luck.

Reactions: amnesiac

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
We're drafting 4-6? Goof to know.

You must have a crystal ball.
This player is likely going to fall where any team picking where we are is going to have to give it hard consideration if he’s available. It’ll be interesting to say the least.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Carlsson can play wing and center.. I mean you'd be a pretty f***ing tough team to match-up against.

Dach, Dubois, Carlsson and Slafkovsky all big men with skill?
Yeah, ultimately it depends on the skill level.

McCarron was sold as a big man with skill... Hopefully they know how to project the skill level, and then see if the size factor outweighs any differential in skill level between potential picks.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Yeah, ultimately it depends on the skill level.

McCarron was sold as a big man with skill... Hopefully they know how to project the skill level, and then see if the size factor outweighs any differential in skill level between potential picks.

Yeah I'd say that Carlsson's skill level is pretty high since it's some of the best numbers ever by a draft eligible in the SHL.

Reactions: Sasha Orlov

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Yeah I'd say that Carlsson's skill level is pretty high since it's some of the best numbers ever by a draft eligible in the SHL.
Craig Button lists his comparable as Nick Backstrom.

I'm just against drafting by need. We have the biggest need for a star. If two forwards are both projected to be stars and you can't differentiate between their potential, ok take the bigger player.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Craig Button lists his comparable as Nick Backstrom.

I'm just against drafting by need. We have the biggest need for a star. If two forwards are both projected to be stars and you can't differentiate between their potential, ok take the bigger player.

Removing the Russian factor.. Carlsson is my #2 prospect in the draft. He's just an insanely smart and skilled player in a 6'3" package that will just get more dominant as he gets stronger.

You're potentially looking at the next Anze Kopitar.

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
He's russian it's not going to happen. Mtl would be crucified by the media for taking a russian top 5.
Oh no not the media!!!! Not the same media who crucified the Habs for drafting Mailloux and is now looking like a hell of a steal at 31?

Saying drafting Michkov is the best chance at a cup, is the equivalent of saying drafting KK was the best chance at a cup,

We all know how that turned out
Are you seriously.... I mean SERIOUSLY comparing Michkov's skill to one Jesperi Kotkaniemi???

This board.

Please tell me that was a joke

Last edited:

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Here we go.. 2nd last iteration.

Name
Position
League
Connor Bedard​
C​
WHL​
Leo Carlsson​
C​
SHL​
Adam Fantilli​
C​
NCAA​
Matvei Michkov​
RW​
KHL​
Will Smith​
C​
USHL​
Zach Benson​
LW​
WHL​
David Reinbacher​
RHD​
NL​
Ryan Leonard​
C​
USHL​
Brayden Yager​
C​
WHL​
Oliver Moore​
C​
USHL​
Eduard Sale​
LW​
Cze​
Dalibor Dvorsky​
C​
Allsvenskan​
Matthew Wood​
C​
NCAA​
Samuel Honzek​
C​
WHL​
Riley Heidt​
LW​
WHL​
Jacob Fowler​
G​
USHL​
Mikhail Gulyayev​
LHD​
KHL​
Carson Bjarnason​
G​
WHL​
Lukas Dragicevic​
RHD​
WHL​
Michael Hrabal​
G​
USHL​
Nate Danielson​
C​
WHL​
Quentin Musty​
LW​
OHL​
Axel Sandin-Pellikka​
RHD​
SHL​
Daniil But​
LW​
KHL​
Gracyn Sawchyn​
C​
WHL​
Koehn Ziemmer​
RW​
WHL​
Andrew Cristall​
LW​
WHL​
Colby Barlow​
LW​
OHL​
Dmitri Simashev​
LD​
KHL​
Tom Willander​
RHD​
SHL​
Otto Stenberg​
C​
SHL​
Oskar Fisker Molgaard​
LW​
SHL​
Calum Ritchie​
C​
OHL​
Theo Lindstein​
LHD​
SHL​
Beau Akey​
RHD​
OHL​
Etienne Morin​
LHD​
QMJHL​
Aydar Suniev​
C​
BCHL​
Lenni Haamenaho​
RW​
Liiga​
Adam Gajan​
G​
USHL​
David Edstrom​
C​
SHL​
Carson Rehkopf​
LW​
OHL​
Felix Nilsson​
C​
SHL​
Noah Dower-Nilsson​
C​
J20​
Gabe Perreault​
LW​
USHL​
Ethan Gauthier​
RW​
QMJHL​
Coulson Pitre​
C​
OHL​
Nick Lardis​
RW​
OHL​
Gavin Brindley​
RW​
NCAA​
Kalan Lind​
LW​
WHL​
Alexander Rykov​
LW​
VHL​
Charlie Stramel​
RW​
NCAA​
Luca Cagnoni​
LHD​
WHL​
Kasper Halttunen​
LW​
Liiga​
Bradley Nadeau​
C​
BCHL​
Mathieu Cataford​
RW​
QMJHL​
Caden Price​
LHD​
WHL​
Arttu Karki​
LHD​
U20​
Tanner Molendyk​
LHD​
WHL​
William Whitelaw​
C​
USHL​
Hunter Brzustewicz​
RHD​
OHL​
Connor Levis​
C​
WHL​
Oliver Bonk​
RHD​
OHL​
Matthew Mania​
RHD​
OHL​
Ryan Conmy​
RW​
USHL​
Tanner Ludtke​
LW​
USHL​
Damian Clara​
G​
Allsvenskan​
Alex Ciernik​
LW​
Allsvenskan​
Cameron Allen​
RHD​
OHL​
Maxim Strbak​
RHD​
USHL​
Jordan Tourigny​
RHD​
QMJHL​
Anton Wahlberg​
C​
SHL​
Felix Unger Sorum​
RW​
J20​
Petter Vesterheim​
C​
Allsvenskan​
Emil Jarventie​
LW​
Mestis​
Noel Nordh​
LW​
SHL​
Roman Kantserov​
LW​
MHL​
Jesse Nurmi​
LW​
Liiga​
Jadin Lipinski​
RW​
WHL​
Jakub Stancl​
LW​
SHL​
Timur Mukhanov​
C​
VHL​
Jayden Perron​
RW​
USHL​
Joey Willis​
C​
OHL​
Luca Pinelli​
C​
OHL​
Trey Augustine​
G​
USHL​
Zeb Forsfjall​
C​
SHL​
Tuomas Uronen​
RW​
Liiga​
Tyler Peddle​
C​
QMJHL​
Andrew Strathmann​
LHD​
USHL​
Denver Barkey​
C​
OHL​
Aiden Fink​
RW​
AJHL​
Tommasso De Luca​
C​
WHL​
Gavin Mccarthy​
RHD​
USHL​
Aram Minnetian​
RHD​
USHL​
Jake Fisher​
LW​
USHS​
Rainers Rullers​
C​
Latvia​
Easton Cowan​
C​
OHL​
Vadim Schreiner​
C​
AlpsHL​
Adam Dybal​
G​
CzeU20​
Rasmus Kumpulainen​
LW​
Mestis​
Yegor Klimovich​
LW​
MHL​
Martin Misiak​
C​
USHL​
Beckett Hendrickson​
LW​
USHL​
Scott Ratzlaff​
G​
WHL​
Teodor Forssander​
LW​
J20​
Jan Sprynar​
RW​
QMJHL​
Griffin Erdman​
C​
USHL​
Nikita Susuyev​
LW​
MHL​
Samuel Urban​
G​
SVK-2​
Ignat Lutfullin​
RW​
MHL​
Valentin Zhugin​
LW​
OHL​
Carter Sotheran​
RHD​
WHL​
Gavyn Thoreson​
LW​
USHL​
Ondrej Molnar​
LW​
OHL​
Daniel Alexander Jencko​
C​
J20​
Ian Scherzer​
C​
J20​
Tomas Milic​
G​
WHL​
Hoyt Stanley​
RHD​
BCHL​
Leo Eperjese​
LD​
USHL​
Calle Karlsson​
C​
J20​
Adam Zidlicky​
RW​
OHL​
Luke Coughlin​
LHD​
QMJHL​
Sean McGurn​
C​
OHL​
Colby Barre low.

Nice work. One question though, how do you explain Smith at 5 and Perreault mid 2nd? Perreault is just as productive, has great skills too and his flaws are not much worst than Smith's ones. Personally I dont think the gap is huge.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
How many sub-6ft "power forwards" or guys that rely on "good motors" but have mediocre or below-average physical traits are we going to see projected in the first round?

Shawnathon

Jul 25, 2012
Saying drafting Michkov is the best chance at a cup, is the equivalent of saying drafting KK was the best chance at a cup,

We all know how that turned out
This is a horrible example. There’s no similarities whatsoever between Kohtkaniemi and Michkov. Kohtkaniemi was a long shot choice based on needs and Michkov is an actual talent that could be generational with some pretty big strings attached.

AHShadow

Apr 9, 2015
Wouldn't want to draft a complimentary player (Brindley) to a dynamic player (Fantilli). Ideally, we would be drafting the dynamic player of a line with our first pick.

What if we do something like last year's draft? Draft a safer player with our first pick and then draft a more boom-bust prospect a la Hutson with our 2nd 1st rounder?

Say we draft:
7. Dvorsky / Leonard / Moore
14. Cristall

How would the board feel about that?

Reactions: Mrb1p

ginomini

May 25, 2014
Just a thought, I think Brindley would be fantastic on a team like Buffalo with their many big and talented forwards, or even with Dallas or Florida.
We don’t really need that type of player right now. I do like him tho

Reactions: Mrb1p
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad