GDT: 2023 NHL ENTRY DRAFT June 28 and 29. First round and then rounds 2-7. (ESPN, NHL network, SN, TVA sports 4pm and 8am Pacific Time)

Kcoyote3

Half-wall Hockey - link below!
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2012
www.half-wallhockey.com
IMG_9399.jpeg

Bizz

Slacked for Mack
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
I like the Musty pick but not the Smith one but it was expected. I hope they get Dragicevic with their next pick.
Smith better be working on his Defensive game or he's gonna run into problems once he becomes NHL ready. I give the pick a B- only due to the fact that it wasn't an obvious reach. I'm also liking how he handles himself in interviews and such, he just comes across as someone who is going to become a fan favorite and someone who will be heavily involved in the community, which is great. Michkov is gonna wind up the better player for sure.

Musty was a Home Run. A+ pick there.

Last edited:

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
I think Smith should be left in BC for two seasons. He could use the extra development time and it won't make a financial difference for him since his ELC will start in 2024-25 either way.

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
It's getting annoying how high on Michkov everyone was. We don't know what the interview was like but even his draft interview after getting selected left a lot to be desired. He seems like the type of player that would refuse to play for the Sharks.

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
I havent been in here because I was out with a few buddies, but yeah as expected Grier goes for the boston/ family connection.

Will Smith will probably be fine, but we will likely miss on someone even better (similar to Meier)

Musty is a fantastic get

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
It's getting annoying how high on Michkov everyone was. We don't know what the interview was like but even his draft interview after getting selected left a lot to be desired. He seems like the type of player that would refuse to play for the Sharks.
You can say this about any draft pick. I don’t know how you can judge a post pick interview in such a manner without some real bias going into it. He was the best prospect after Bedard. This is in its most kind interpretation likely about the time more than anything else.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Chicago, San Jose, Philly, Columbus, Buffalo, Colorado, NYR, and Washington clear winners

Arizona, St. Louis, Toronto, and Vegas clear losers

for Round 1.
I'm beating the deadest of horses, but saying things like this right now...it's like grading a class based on the first day.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad